Planning something special

One of the gifts we added to a Mickey Big Birthday Bash through Disney florist was a swarovski crystal 'wishing star'. It came in a pretty black velvet box with a white ribbon to hang it by -- my daughter keeps it in her room. :)

I am one to keep things more simple. As a previous poster mentioned going to Disney alone is special. I don't think you need to go over the top with anything. Maybe a few character meals. One special thing i would do would be to have her pick out her first mickey ears and go have a picture taken in front of the castle as a family. Getting the memory maker is a must if this is a special trip. After the trip make a photo album and give it to her for christmas, birthday or her anniversary of her adoption. Those photopass pictures are some of the best memories we have and we often love looking through the album to relive our trip.

Last edited:

Buy her a tiara from Walmart/Target. She will get lots of attention from CM's and buying one at WDW is crazy expensive.
Not really. They have them in Germany over in Epcot for about $25, some more, some less. Very good quality too. I thought they were very reasonable

Some great ideas for your visit! This idea is more of a keepsake idea, but I saw it on my last trip and thought it was great...so, when my sister and I were in line for Belle in France, the family in front of us had a large picture frame mat for Belle to sign instead of a autograph book. It already had a bunch of character signatures on it from their trip, and then they planned to put a family picture from the trip inside. I know that we've gotten some great family photos over the years from the Disney photographers that would have been great for something like that! It just seemed like a simple but nice keepsake for a special first visit to Disney!

Personally, I'd agree with a trip to Disney being something really special on its own. I know many adults who have never been! If it were me, I'd buy her first pair of mouse ears (with her name, of course!), and take/get lots of pictures. After the trip, I'd make a book for her to always remember the trip (I like to do it at Snapfish after trips with niece & nephew, so they'll have those memories). At 4, she's probably honestly not going to remember a lot of the trip (nephew was 4 when we took him the first time, niece was a baby - she LOVES looking at that first book, even 5 years later).

Lots of great ideas here. Just a few to add that I don't recall being mentioned (sorry if I missed them):
-If you go to CRT, you can pre-order their chocolate slipper dessert.
- Pick-a-pearl in Japan (Epcot) where she can pick an oyster and they make a big deal about opening it and getting the Pearl out. You can have the Pearl mounted on jewelry or placed in a Pearl cage necklace (cages can also be ordered online through places like Etsy for much cheaper)
- Get her hair wrapped. This is offered at many resorts by the pool (other places as well I'm sure)
- memory Maker magic shots
- Pirate Adventure Cruise (there's one out of POR)
- campfire, movies, and other activities at the resort
- Epcot passport and Kidcot stops
- Animal Kingdom adventure book thing
- wonderland Tea Party at Grand Floridian
- pressed pennies
- get a cheap charm bracelet and let her pick out a charm at each park

Some great ideas for your visit! This idea is more of a keepsake idea, but I saw it on my last trip and thought it was great...so, when my sister and I were in line for Belle in France, the family in front of us had a large picture frame mat for Belle to sign instead of a autograph book. It already had a bunch of character signatures on it from their trip, and then they planned to put a family picture from the trip inside. I know that we've gotten some great family photos over the years from the Disney photographers that would have been great for something like that! It just seemed like a simple but nice keepsake for a special first visit to Disney!
This is what I did when I took my Mom on her first trip last year. I put a photo of me, DD, DGD and her in front of the castle in it

Many thanks for the replies. Some verry inspirational and touching suggestions and many that l didn't even known existed.
I'll need to get planning as I can make dining reservations at start of June.
The planning is so exciting, working on a wee draft spread sheet, with a list of all that we want to do in each park.
As for the DDP, I've read that the table service is best not used for a breakfast, I assume these bookings can be made via the MDE or would I be best to call them ?

Last edited:
The Bibbety Bobbity Boutique.
It is right outside of Cindys Castle.
Have her choose a costume before you go and they will give her a princess makeover. Complete with pixie dust.
This is a very special way to make a very special day for a little princess.

Personally, I'd agree with a trip to Disney being something really special on its own. I know many adults who have never been! If it were me, I'd buy her first pair of mouse ears (with her name, of course!), and take/get lots of pictures. After the trip, I'd make a book for her to always remember the trip (I like to do it at Snapfish after trips with niece & nephew, so they'll have those memories). At 4, she's probably honestly not going to remember a lot of the trip (nephew was 4 when we took him the first time, niece was a baby - she LOVES looking at that first book, even 5 years later).
We did the photo books after our trip 3 years ago and used those books as autograph books this year. My niece is 4 this year and her favorite part of the trip was meeting princesses.

We did the photo books after our trip 3 years ago and used those books as autograph books this year. My niece is 4 this year and her favorite part of the trip was meeting princesses.
That's a really good idea. I think I'll utilise that. Thanks

Congratulations!! Since this is your first trip everything will be special. BBB is great but you could do your own crown and costume or interactive ears (they light up during fireworks in each park) and save BBB for next time. Cinderella's Table is hard to get but the princesses are at Akersaus in Epcot, too. Nice breakfast there, Crystal Palace, or Be Our Guest would be really special. You could pick out a fun dessert to try in each park. Kidcot stops in Epcot will let her make a great souvenir. The first trip is so magical you and your family will have a great time. You could do memory maker for $169 and you will get amazing pictures and videos of your family on some rides. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter