planning SURPRISE trip........

Augustheather97

wild about Disney
HI all.....I'm planning a surprise trip for our vacation- Sept 30-Oct 7........I've booked everything...Moderate-Riverside for $89 a night, Air from Boston-$176 each for me, Dh, and DD-4 1/2, Car only $132 a full size for the week from national.......so it'll be a rather inexpensive trip.........still need passes...but they are never on sale MUCh.......my question is::: When should I tell him we are going...I would like to wait till the morning we are leaving, having EVERYTHING packed and ready to go, tell him to get into the car, and off we go...He'll be SHOCKED!!!!!!! He LOVeS WDW too, so I know he'll be so psyched.......Do you think I can pull this off or should i tell him sooner since half the fun is the anticipation???
Tell me what you think??? It'll be our 12th Anniversary down there too........so an added Bonus..thanks for your input............:cool: [

I can just tell you from my experience. DH and 2 DS's gave me a surprise "Mom's weekend", my first solo trip. They told me 2 weeks in advance (gave me an Easter basket filled with all little envelopes of my ressies, sir tickets, Disney Dollars, etc.) I think it was much better to tell me a little in advance like that. Anticipation is half the fun!

I agree with Simba's Mom. We know a couple who surprised their kids with a trip to DW a number of years ago. The kids thought they were going to the airport to see Dad off on another business trip, and it wasn't until they got to the gate that the parents told them they were all going to DW. I wish I could have done something like that when our kids were little, but I think if I were putting something together for DH, I'd let him have a couple of weeks of anticipation. If your husband is anything like my husband, it should be fairly easy to pull that off ;) . Have a great time....

I surprised my DH for his birthday a few years ago, so I'll add what I did and his feedback...
His birthday is Halloween so I had it all arranged and also bought us MNSSHP passes. I Woke him up the morning that we were going and told him I wanted to give him to open his gift early (I had wrapped the MNSSHP tickets in a weighted box a couple of weeks prior). So I just let him open them and figure it out. Poor guy...he was half asleep and read the tickets - he looked puzzled for about 30 seconds the asked "am I going to Disney World???" I had packed our bags and left them with a friend who picked us up that morning with our bags already in her car. The packing early was easy since the seasons had already changed where we live and he didn't miss a thing from his closet.

He had a great trip and really had fun, BUT (there's always a but) He says that as much as he appreciated the surprise and all of the planning I did, he would have liked a little notice to allow for anticipation. He thinks even just a couple of days prior would have been nice so he could get all psyched up. He really loves WDW too, and you're right: anticipation is half the fun!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!!!

Kristin
Counting down to 9/14...Here we come BWV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter