• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning Tokyo Trip. Few Question

JoeBruin23

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo in July and sorta limited on time for the Disney park. I noticed that there are half-day passes on weekdays. Has anyone experienced it using the half-day passes on a weekday?

I'm still debating on which park to go to. Seems like Disneyland is very similar to Disneyland in California in terms of rides. DisneySea looks interesting.

I've read that it's really packed at the parks and I've looked at the resort hotel prices which are $$$. Is the 15 mins into the park beforehand worth it?

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments!

If you only have one day and you're a frequent visitor to the US parks, then I would prioritise Disney Sea.

The parks are packed, depending on the time of year and weather, but I'm not sure the extra 15 minutes would be of huge value for Disney Sea, especially if you're not interested in Toy Story Mania which attracts the majority of the crowd upon opening (and throughout the day).

I agree with the pp. If only one day then disneysea is a must. I don't think that the 15 minutes is worth it to stay onsite for the cost. Especially since you can stay at a good neighbourhood hotel on the monorail line for way cheaper. Skip toy story mania and you will be ahead of the majority.

if I purchase a 2 day passport, do I have to use the ticket on 2 consecutive days? I was thinking of doing Disneyland on a Monday, and then DisneySea a few days later. Thanks!

Onsite was too pricey for my blood! everyone at Disney Sea rushes to Toy Story, so if that is not a must for you, then head first to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Ask for the front row in Journey, makes a difference! Then go to Aquatopia. It doesn't have FastPass, and it gets very popular in the summer, so go early. It uses the same trackless technology as Pooh's Hunny Hunt, which is pretty awesome.

There is only one thing that truly stands out at Disneyland, and that is Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Of course it's a fun day, but if your schedule is pressed, then don't sweat it.

At TDS, Indiana Jones has a single rider line. Use it! It is truly front of the line. Same thing for Splash Mountain if you get to TDL.

There is going to be a new Nemo ride replacing Stormrider that opens on May 12. I expect that is going to be insanely popular and Disney agrees because on the package I was looking at, you get 1 extra FP for Nemo or Toy Story.

For me, I guess my question is are you a party of adults or do you have young small children? As an adult, with another adult, when I had the choice to pick one park, I picked Sea. I expect on my June trip, that we will be spending only part of a day at Sea because my daughter doesn't make the height line for 3 rides and refuses to do the Tower of Terror. It's a beautiful park, but walking around and admiring a park doesn't rate as highly with me as some others. I'd rather admire actual scenery in Japan (i.e. even if you don't have a rail pass, Kamakura is an easy and not particularly expensive day trip from Tokyo.)

Would you stay in a good neighbor or in Tokyo? I made the mistake of staying in Ikebukuro my visit and it took a good 1 hour between transfers and traversing stations to actually make it to the Tokyo Disney Gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter