Planning WDW/DCL/WDW trip

Disneybiginner

Mouseketeer
We’ve never done a land/sea trip before, only flew in a day earlier and stayed at one of the WDW resort. We plan to hit the parks this time. After doing some research, doing parks first then cruise sounds like a more relaxed way to go. However, we will have to split the WDW part due to DH’s work schedule.

Little bit back ground, we have 2 daughters, 10 and 8, we just did a full 6 days WDW trip in April, so parks are not priority here. We mainly want to check out all the holidays events and decor. Ha wing said that, here are 3 plans we come up with.

Option 1,
Nov 27, HS,
Nov 28-Dec 2, Wish 4 days
Dec 2, MVMCP
Dec 3, EPCOT, mainly Candlelight Processional and Guardian of Galaxy(Lightening lane)
concerns about this plan, MVMCP will be on Friday, might be too crowded to enjoy a couple of rides. Might not have enough time visiting Disney springs.

Option 2,
Nov 27, Disney springs in the morning, MVMCP in the afternoon.
Dec 2, half day EPCOT, trying to book Candlelight Processional and Guardian of Galaxy(Lightening lane)
Dec 3, HS
Concerns about this plan, might not able to reserve lightening lane for Guardian of Galaxy.

Option 3,
Nov 27, Disney Spring and MVMCP
Dec 3, EPCOT Candlelight Processional and Guardian of Galaxy(Lightening lane)
DH’s plan, he doesn’t want to have any intense park days since we just did a 6 days WDW trip in April. He wants to op out HS if there isn’t much of holiday specials going on.

So which option is more realistic that we more likely will enjoy our trip?

since you were just there, I'd pick Option 3 and skip HS this time around. We enjoy spending time at Disney Springs too and this seems a good mix of Disney and the cruise

One note about Option 1, you would need two 1-day park tickets. The usage window on a 2-day ticket wouldn't cover before and after the cruise. Not a huge deal, since there isn't much savings on a 2-day ticket compared to two 1-day tix.

I like Option 2. No worries about GotG Individual Lightning Lane, it's pretty easy to get. Even VQ is easy at 1:00. And I believe VQ will not be in place by the time of your visit. I think by then it will be standby or ILL.

since you were just there, I'd pick Option 3 and skip HS this time around. We enjoy spending time at Disney Springs too and this seems a good mix of Disney and the cruise
Thank you for your input. Will HS have any special holiday events that we would of miss out if we op out? We have never been in HS during the holiday time, still kicking myself that we canceled our trip one year and missed out Osmonds light forever. It’s so hard to decide since everything is just back to normal gradually, really can’t solely rely on trip report pre Covid years.

One note about Option 1, you would need two 1-day park tickets. The usage window on a 2-day ticket wouldn't cover before and after the cruise. Not a huge deal, since there isn't much savings on a 2-day ticket compared to two 1-day tix.

I like Option 2. No worries about GotG Individual Lightning Lane, it's pretty easy to get. Even VQ is easy at 1:00. And I believe VQ will not be in place by the time of your visit. I think by then it will be standby or ILL.
Thank you for your input, I personally lean towards plan 2, I always want to visit Disney springs during holiday. The only concern I have as mentioned that we won’t get the chance to experience GofG, we missed out by a few weeks last time we visited EPCOT. We probably will get into EPCOT not till noonish, if we are get off Wish in a decent time and pre arrange the transportation. We have booked a hotel in Disney Spring area, hopefully won’t take too long to get to EPCOT.

I don't think $LL will be an issue. GOTG has massive capacity, and Disney likes money.

Option 2 seems like a non-optimal use of an expensive one-day ticket.

I'd take option 1 and replace HS with DS. This allows your travel day as well to get to Orlando.

Options 1 & 2 seem kind of rushed, like there is too much to fit in in a short amount of time, and you won’t really have time to enjoy everything. Agree with option 3.

We’ve not been to the parks during the holidays, but I think at HS all you would miss is the holiday decorations and the ToT being lit up with Christmas themes.

Maybe you can catch that next year! 😃

I don't think $LL will be an issue. GOTG has massive capacity, and Disney likes money.

Option 2 seems like a non-optimal use of an expensive one-day ticket.

I'd take option 1 and replace HS with DS. This allows your travel day as well to get to Orlando.
Thank you for your input. If we choose plan 2, we will need 2 day tickets, well half day at Epcot on disembarkation day and HS the next full day. The only ride we care about in Epcot is GotG since we missed out last time and the candlelight Processional. Of course it will be a bonus if we can ride Ratatouille again and checking out EPCOT holiday festival.

Options 1 & 2 seem kind of rushed, like there is too much to fit in in a short amount of time, and you won’t really have time to enjoy everything. Agree with option 3.

We’ve not been to the parks during the holidays, but I think at HS all you would miss is the holiday decorations and the ToT being lit up with Christmas themes.

Maybe you can catch that next year! 😃
Thank you for your input. That’s exactly what DH’s point. Yes, if we go with option 3, we can always plan another trip around holiday time, I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all😅

Thank you for your input, I personally lean towards plan 2, I always want to visit Disney springs during holiday. The only concern I have as mentioned that we won’t get the chance to experience GofG, we missed out by a few weeks last time we visited EPCOT. We probably will get into EPCOT not till noonish, if we are get off Wish in a decent time and pre arrange the transportation. We have booked a hotel in Disney Spring area, hopefully won’t take too long to get to EPCOT.
You will have zero problem experiencing GotG.

If it's the same as it is now (no standby, just VQ and ILL), you can book the VQ at 7:00 that morning, from wherever you are at that point. Even if you get an early time, they are accepting guests anytime after their VQ group is called. And if you don't get it then, the 1:00 VQ is super easy to get. Or you can always buy ILL. It's almost always available to offsite guests to purchase at park opening time.

And as I noted, in my opinion (FWIW), VQ will not be required by the time of your visit. I think it will be standby or ILL. But even if I'm not correct, the 7:00 VQ is an option, and the 1:00 VQ is super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter