• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning Which Park, Which Day

Maureen123

Earning My Ears
I started using the crowd calendar at (another popular Disney site) a long time ago. But I'm beginning to notice the information hasn't changed in years. Monday is always a bad day for MK, Friday is always a good day for Animal Kingdom, etc. I know that recent world events have changed things dramatically - and I know no one has a crystal ball but has anyone found a crowd calendar that is reasonably reliable and updated to reflect recent Disney changes?

Thanks for your help!

Hmmm...in light of the fact that my post was censored regarding the "popular Disney site" I'm guessing you can't name other sites for me to look at. Does anyone have any strategies to work the crowds at Disney?

I always use RideMax for our trips. They do have a calendar, but more important, their ride-planning software is fantastic! Easily saved us 2 hours a day in lines (although this was when FP was offered). Still, you'll get the best wait times / walk times using it. If FP comes back, it will be even better (we never waited more than 15-20 minutes for anything).

If you're going in the fall, make sure you figure Boo Bash into selecting MK days.

the only strategy i applied to my trip a few months ago was to put Hollywood first. this way, if you miss the Rise que at 7am, you can trade it with another park. so instead we would've done AK that day and tried the next for hollywood. probably easier said than done since you'd be calling it in and making switches to your reservation.

Rise was a huge priority. otherwise i don't have much to offer. i also know the game's changed regarding park availability since then, so it might not be that easy to swap your days up.

Thank you for this - I've never heard of Ride Max. Have checked it out and even though it's a paid service, it seems reasonable for what they offer - and your endorsement. Thanks!

the only strategy i applied to my trip a few months ago was to put Hollywood first. this way, if you miss the Rise que at 7am, you can trade it with another park. so instead we would've done AK that day and tried the next for hollywood. probably easier said than done since you'd be calling it in and making switches to your reservation.

Rise was a huge priority. otherwise i don't have much to offer. i also know the game's changed regarding park availability since then, so it might not be that easy to swap your days up.

Thanks for the Hollywood "first day" tip - it is absolutely on our list so we'll do this for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter