Planning with HP or not

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I am planning our next trip to DLP in October. It will be our 11 or 12 stay at DLP but I am still a little bit confused at the moment.

We will stay at the SQL GFC (as always) and due to the missing discounts I have to think about booking HP with the hotel+tickets.

It will be a difference of 800,- € for the 4 of us. This means that HP will be 40,- € per day per person.

I have scrolled through the menues of each restaurant and I really do not know if this would be worth the money.

I think I could buy the Meal Plans menues at the restaurants without HP anyway, am I right?

How about 2 restaurants in the park and the other meals at Earl of Sandwich or even Mac Donalds. This seems to be much cheaper.

What´s our opinion or experiences ?

As always....thanks for your help.

:disrocks:

I rarely think it is worth it. You know better how much your family eats and where you like to eat. Best is to check menus and make an estimation how much you would normally spend.

But to be honest, meal plans are not my specialty as I never use them. With club level you won't need money for breakfast.

Thanks Karin (as always) for your opiniom.

New situation: I think I have booked too late for the SQL GFC. The SQL is sold out for my dates. :crazy2:

Now I will switch over to NPB without HP but I could book the Compass Club for 400,- € more.

Never been there but I guess the free breakfast times could be worth it anyway because NPB could be very full, am I right?

:disrocks:

I have been there where all of a sudden all that is left to book Club level. To help convince yourself it is worth it...

You get:
- A quieter breakfast
- More options at breakfast
- Free soda in the afternoon
- A quiet place to relax during breaks
- Dedicated check in
- Easier baggage drop off and pick up
- A bigger room
- A room at a central location

How many days and how many people are we talking about? If you divide the 400 euro by the people and nights, it is only a little bit extra ;)

When you go for a longer time and you have been to DLP a couple of times, it is easier to go back to the hotel for a break, instead of go-go-go.

Also a plus for NPB, it has it's own security to Disney Village, where Sequoia, Cheyenne and Santa Fe share theirs.

We are 4 people and will stay from Monday until Saturday.

The more will be exact 480,- € divided by 4 = 120,- € divided by 6 days = 20,- €

Seems ok, isn´t it? :thumbsup2

The breakfast options are the main plus for us.

Update: Compass Club booked :mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter