Plans for 1.5 days

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
I would really like some opinions because the people I ask aren’t really helping. They say stuff like sounds like he** or sounds like you have decisions to make.

I am going to the parks at the end of this month. I will be able to go to a park on a Thursday at about 1 and can go all day Friday as well. Staying at a deluxe Disney resort if that makes a difference. I am trying to decide if I should buy a two day park hopper for Thursday and Friday but also Thursday is an Epcot after hours event. Options

1) Thursday Disney springs until after hours Epcot event starts and one day park hopper for Friday
2) Thursday magic kingdom/Hollywood studios starting at one and then over to Epcot after hours and all day Friday at other parks
3) two day park hopper for Thursday and Friday but avoid after hours.

I would get genie plus for the days in parks. My concerns are 1) that it will be hot so we won’t get what we want done with just one day. 2) Thursday park plus Epcot after hours is alot and then to get up and park hop on Friday 3) just after hours until 1 and then having to get up for early park hopping on Friday could be rough 4) I have heard terribly negative things about after hours here on the boards

I would appreciate any opinions. Thank you.

So we do short trips pretty regularly and only do 4 or more days once/year. If I had your allotted time, I'd stick with the PH and pass on the added expense of buying the AH for epcot. There's not enough attractions to make the price of that event worth it for me. And AH at Ep has been hit or miss from what I've heard too. I've heard that the GoG is still a long wait since they run one side of the ride only. I have not done the Ep AH since I think it's just not enough bang for the buck.

However, you definitely won't hit everything at all 3 parks but you can do a good bit. If you are not a good sport about the heat and know that about yourself, like you feel you'll need to take frequent breaks, then maybe the AH is for you. Just would retract RD on the next day since you're not going to want to get up early. You just have to decide what you're able to tolerate.

If you don't do the AH, on Thursday, I would start at MK and hop to DHS. DHS does tend to get emptier closer to closing. Even though you're arriving late, you can have a few LL's stacked for MK and then make your way over to DHS later in the afternoon/early evening. I'd save Epcot for Friday and would plan to RD what you wish to accomplish and also if you plan to use G+, start booking early and then hop to MK and DHS for rides you missed the day prior. 3 parks in 1.5 days is not ideal but as long as you're ok with hitting your top 2-3 attractions at each visit, you'll be ok. But you def won't get everything done given you'll need to rest/eat/etc.

The other option is skip the hopper and just do 2 parks, 1 each day and skip a 3rd park. Takes the pressure off of trying to do it all and maybe you can pace yourself better with the heat. With only 1.5 days, you're paying a premium for a two day PH ticket.

Definitely don't do after hours for Epcot, there's not nearly enough rides to justify the cost. Plus, there's always a major ride broken down of the core 4 (remy, frozen, GoG, test track) during AH for whatever reason which drives up wait times for the others.

Definitely don't do after hours for Epcot, there's not nearly enough rides to justify the cost. Plus, there's always a major ride broken down of the core 4 (remy, frozen, GoG, test track) during AH for whatever reason which drives up wait times for the others.
There are some who have quite enjoyed the Epcot AH party. It’s best for people to read a variety of reviews from people who have actually attended and make their own decision. There is an entire thread dedicated to guests sharing their AH party experiences.

Vote 3- Go to Epcot first then park hop to MK, then HS in the morning the next day then MK in the evening. I don’t think Epcot AH is worth it. You can do all the Epcot rides during the day especially w Genie and using VQ for Gotg

I’m also a vote for #3.

My advice is to decide what night shows are most important to you - for us it’s HEA and Fantasmic. So if we were doing this we’d do….
Thursday - HS all day
Friday - EPCOT rope drop until 2:00pm, then MK until they close.

Whatever you choose - have fun!

ETA….for us….we’d skip VQ for rides, and buy ILL to avoid waiting in the VQ line. Buying the ILL is a great option when you have limited park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter