Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

Wonder if this snippet from the rumor thread is related. If a new structures are in the works, might they offer an opportunity to add a gateway, and justify the staffing of the gateway?

Dag nabbit, didn't paste over....give me a second.

edit, now adding the link. http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-rumor-tracking-thread.3549330/page-7#post-57021015
avtjXx-vdE2fQEtZx43Oa3isQ156u2N7J9k3HpSrVVxFQXfQzf92YNwXhGtH_sSOBhCdcBX8xBlACpiRXxpf5V7p8dYzPlGRkFXA5cU2JiKNV8MOA96fxtkLe0kPZYIGIa8hX-JBaIeRh9QGi6E7lXg-ppi9qPtsvecrbJZEFPRoCq0RCwLndOdYdp4ZTwjxvWgabTBBhOgJDXTm91proC-aEoClTm0x5aP-x9Br7mxXWoZtl6x1BOmkQ_M0PEstu-LkTHw4YCmJ8VDZWCnmvw3TWJRlbmOw6XRRsywbla1B_2CrH883hlsKTcF4hzm75BUD-r7hx3GpiMfbb_gleJJHvr_BihQiidNnQqEvmFD2vFvLcnRjngqTx_PJe_RlH-03ynkn0UkydCSGo43-ECa8mIxAjLl1ezZs_4Lg34V2bVtBlKjmSXMiNf2p4u6WLaTpGzKH_SgeiatDkQ4g89EZiEgb_FD4hBTHJq4wq8VbTsJi4Q--S0rdmiwkq3JeLKiLPYNHjcu5_3HtihD3_CX-_WMXorDyeO1kaG17YSzBlxbb7PtlmDBXntChfT7gaz81v5OWFWlRY2kzxzqGld-M3SYH6e7dAaWwn4mT6iXvktcr7Ev6AUoxHvBUJ4nlDbFxV12_mVAbX9xC-eFfRY6bMFg3nQ4NgIqmiA_nzH7trRBHV_VpRbhuqTZEE_c25SMf5vEFD2iTTg=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft
Well looking at maps the new country would likely go into the Africa area. One expansion pad was used for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet. France will likely use space around them for the new ride.

Well looking at maps the new country would likely go into the Africa area. One expansion pad was used for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet. France will likely use space around them for the new ride.
Which is the same area, they don't want a canal through because of the fireworks boats, to link up the CBR.
If you are building something new there, one would think they'd have to deal with the fireworks load area thing....and if that moves, then you have your water link to the CBR. Make it a Caribbean nation, and bam....things would tidy up a bit. Or if the new resort building goes a different way with theme, you match it with the epcot building path.

This make a lot of sense to me, as a tower is going to give you a prime view of the fireworks, but also a lot of the back of the house ugliness, which I doubt they'd want. This can sort of take care of all of that....no?

It just hit me....Amsterdam/netherlands would be a nice theme for that area.....the waterways would work. Tie it into a different theme at the new CBR(Amsterdam) building. With a party city like Amsterdam, linked to Epcot, and a Lodging facility....oh man, it just feels right.

It just hit me....Amsterdam/netherlands would be a nice theme for that area.....the waterways would work. Tie it into a different theme at the new CBR(Amsterdam) building. With a party city like Amsterdam, linked to Epcot, and a Lodging facility....oh man, it just feels right.
I'm thinking this new country would be Brazil, India, something along those lines.

I'm thinking this new country would be Brazil, India, something along those lines.

Don't you think that ship has long sailed?

They don't like the showcase arrangement foe several reasons...notably the sponsorship model is broken...

After 35 years...hasn't this one been put to rest?

Don't you think that ship has long sailed?

They don't like the showcase arrangement foe several reasons...notably the sponsorship model is broken...

After 35 years...hasn't this one been put to rest?
Apparently whatever the country is, is on board for sponsorship. This rumor is quite strong and very real. So no this one hasn't been put to rest.

Oh man, I actually liked your idea :confused:
You can like it, it was just tongue in cheek. Sort of like saying the are obviously putting in a monorail to cure the transport issue.

Its just armchair imagineering. Doesn't mean it couldn't be a fun idea....heck I bet we could get Heinekken to pay for it.

I think that's likely. ME drops you off there for check-in, and then you have to take another bus to get to your actual room. When you stay there, you never come back to custom house unless you have to. (There's a desk at Old Port Royale for most inquiries.) And then you have the same issue when checking out - having to get back there. It really would make more sense to have all this at Old Port Royale. However, because the resort is so spread out, anywhere you put the main lobby would still run into a problem of needing busing to the various areas - they would need an expanded space there to fit the check-in stuff.

Assuming it is a DVC construction, I think it's a good assumption that the check-in location would be moved.

It's because it's the prototype mod/value design and it's flawed...hence never repeated.

They could have fixed it in 2002...but chose not to.

It's because it's the prototype mod/value design and it's flawed...hence never repeated.

They could have fixed it in 2002...but chose not to.

I never understood the design, even when I was 16 and stayed there for the first time. I couldn't understand why you check in at the front, but all the rest of the stuff was at the back and if you needed assistance you had to go all the way to the front. Always seemed dumb.

Apparently whatever the country is, is on board for sponsorship. This rumor is quite strong and very real. So no this one hasn't been put to rest.

That rumor has been repeated every other year since you've were but a young puppy...don't hold your breath on this one. There is a reason it's been 29 years since they built a country...and then replaced it with crap last year.

Nope...i guess I didn't ask the question right.

Admittedly, I interpreted it in the strictest sense. Of course they'll put people up anywhere they can as long as people are willing to pay. But in my mind the "convention hotel" moniker really is specific because of the business center and extra fees conventioneers can charge back to the company.

I never understood the design, even when I was 16 and stayed there for the first time. I couldn't understand why you check in at the front, but all the rest of the stuff was at the back and if you needed assistance you had to go all the way to the front. Always seemed dumb.

It was...and why the new version opened in 91 under the sign "DIXIE LANDINGS"

That rumor has been repeated every other year since you've were but a young puppy...don't hold your breath on this one. There is a reason it's been 29 years since they built a country...and then replaced it with crap last year.
Not like this one. This one is more specific. But you'll never agree with me so why do I try?

Admittedly, I interpreted it in the strictest sense. Of course they'll put people up anywhere they can as long as people are willing to pay. But in my mind the "convention hotel" moniker really is specific because of the business center and extra fees conventioneers can charge back to the company.

I hear ya...

But the reality is some of the hotels are sold for groups/blocks and some are not.

It's logistics...but also shell game internal accounting...

Caribbean has/is.

FWIW Martin isn't really saying much about this but he has numerous times said something along the lines of it possibly not being DVC. Caribbean DVC has been a rumor for a while so if it weren't DVC I would be a bit surprised. I wonder when Disney will acknowledge this as it is interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter