Plant Based food options coming in 2020

I’ve been a vegetarian most of my life and I prefer a regular veggie burger to the impossible ones. But I do still like them! Heck, why not just give us two burger options- is that so crazy?

I think I’m not as in love with the impossible burgers because the first time I had one I thought it was real meat (before I even knew what they were) and had a minor meltdown at happy hour. The waiter had to talk me off that ledge for a few mins and explain to me what they were! 😂

I think I’m not as in love with the impossible burgers because the first time I had one I thought it was real meat (before I even knew what they were) and had a minor meltdown at happy hour.
Same thing happened to me. I was eating one at Islands and when I bit into it and saw the red and juicy inside of the patty, I was sure that they gave me the wrong burger.

I do eat meat but I love veggie burgers that are not fake meat, but are made from beans or lentils or grains.
Same here. I am a meat eater, but will sometimes enjoy a good veggie patty that emphasizes the veggies/grain flavors. I don’t really have a lot of interest in “fake meat“ that is attempting to replicate meat. But I don’t think I am the target for this, so I might be in the minority.

I agree with both of these comments. The danger is that, by (rightly) catering for many different allergies and lifestyles, Disney is making each of them too niche and therefore less appealing for those people with broader palettes.

I think I’m not as in love with the impossible burgers because the first time I had one I thought it was real meat (before I even knew what they were) and had a minor meltdown at happy hour. The waiter had to talk me off that ledge for a few mins and explain to me what they were! 😂

This happened to us at a restaurant on Friday night! I am vegetarian (32 years), my husband is about 3 weeks into being a vegetarian (he's trying for vegan). We ordered a black bean burger to share and when the burger came out I wasn't paying attention and I cut it in half. My husband bit into it and said: "You can't eat this, it's meat!" The server took it back to the cook and the cook said it's Impossible Burger! We were all like, Ohhhh k, that makes sense. The server didn't know they changed to Impossible Burger. We were fine with it but it was very convincing for my husband.

Since I've been a vegetarian most of my life I don't like to eat things that are too meat-like. The Sofritas at Chipotle gross me out. But I'm fine with Impossible & Beyond Burgers. I do love a good grain-based or bean-based burger. The problem with a lot fo the grain-based burgers I eat at restaurants is they fall apart - fast. I don't mind, I know what I'm getting and don't expect it to hold together like meat. It's probably much easier to cook and serve the prepared burgers such as Impossible & Beyond.

The Beyond Meatball subs we had in April at DCA were one of our favorite meals we've ever had at Disneyland. I am grateful for all the new choices at Disneyland Resort. I can remember when I was younger I'd just survive on french fries and a churro. LOL

do any of the restaurants at DL have the beyond burger hamburger?
in WDW, it's served at beaches & cream and is so good that all 3 times we ate there in august, i questioned them as to whether they hadn't made a mistake and served us a real burger - and i wasn't kidding, it was that good.

This sounds horrible. If you want meat, get meat. If you want plant-based garbage, just eat the plants. Fail to understand this trend.

do any of the restaurants at DL have the beyond burger hamburger?
in WDW, it's served at beaches & cream and is so good that all 3 times we ate there in august, i questioned them as to whether they hadn't made a mistake and served us a real burger - and i wasn't kidding, it was that good.
The plant based burger at Hungry Bear is Beyond. At Lamplight there is a plant based option which is sometimes Beyond, other times Impossible brand.

This sounds horrible. If you want meat, get meat. If you want plant-based garbage, just eat the plants. Fail to understand this trend.
The "garbage" descriptor reminds me of my FIL 🤣, he's so grossed out by DH and I when we eat stuff like that in front of him. Even as a vegetarian I do agree it's a bit strange -- I like the black bean type patties more than the realistic plant based meats. But sometimes if others in my party want to eat at a certain place I have to take one for the team.

The "garbage" descriptor reminds me of my FIL 🤣, he's so grossed out by DH and I when we eat stuff like that in front of him. Even as a vegetarian I do agree it's a bit strange -- I like the black bean type patties more than the realistic plant based meats. But sometimes if others in my party want to eat at a certain place I have to take one for the team.

i don't think it's strange....we eat what tastes good..
beaches & cream in WDW, used to have a house made veggie burger that was the best on property, and one of the best i've ever had.
now they serve the beyond burger burger and it's very good....much closer in taste to a real burger, but still good..
for me, tasting like a burger isn't necessarily a plus....

I like veggies but don't understand why you want fake meat. Ewww.

i don't think it's strange....we eat what tastes good..
beaches & cream in WDW, used to have a house made veggie burger that was the best on property, and one of the best i've ever had.
now they serve the beyond burger burger and it's very good....much closer in taste to a real burger, but still good..
for me, tasting like a burger isn't necessarily a plus....

Apologies if I came off rude. I didn't mean that at all! It's only "strange" to me since I haven't eaten meat since I was 9 so it's just a bit of a "whoa is this real meat?!" moment (well from what I remember meat tastes like). It's very realistic! I agree it tastes good though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter