Plantar Fasciitis

ReelRedHead

Mouseketeer
Anyone have suggestions for good running sneakers for those with plantar fasciitis?
Thank you!

I went through a bout of it last year and did well with Brooks Adrenalines. Most of my recovery came, however, when I changed many of my everyday shoes to ones with better arch support. YMMV - but good luck with it. I hope it gets better for you.

I could only wear flip flops when mine was acting up.. Had to be cushion ones.. I bought sketchers but I could not wear shoes only flip flops.. I had speedo woman's activate flip flops were AMAZING! no blisters or rubbing!! Also adidas supercloud plus for woman.. If a sandal might help these are ones I wore in the parks!!

What does it feel like? I have something going on but won't know what until my doc appt on 5/31.

Pain on the bottom of the foot in the heel area, much worse the first few steps of the day when getting out of bed. Google it.

I suffer from PF and rotate between Brooks Launch and Mizuno Waverider. I have no idea if they actually help. But I highly recommend you go to a running store, tell a salesperson your issue and allow them to help you choose a shoe. My running store does 30 day returns, even if the shoe has been run in, and that helps a lot with peace of mind.

I recommend visiting a podiatrist. Mine is amazing because he’s an ultra runner and understands that I don’t want to stop running. He hooked me up with custom shoe inserts, which were a $200 investment. They weren’t covered by my insurance.

I have PF in my right foot, which developed into tendonitis (ugh), and a touch of PF it in my left foot. I want to share some tips with you that have made my feet and life a lot easier:

• NEVER wear flimsy footwear, like light flip flops. I have a ton of sandals like these, so I have cheap PF inserts (you can find at Target) that I put in them if my willpower breaks down. It looks kind of weird, but I don’t care. It amazed me how much cutting out crappy footwear made my feet feel better
  • Always do calf stretches after a run, even if it’s just twice on each leg
  • After long runs, wear Oofos recovery sandals or compression socks. After you complete your long run, try to stay off your feet as much as possible for the rest of the day. If you can, ice your foot for 10 minutes four times that day (I usually only remember to do it once). When I’m at Disney for runs, I never go to the parks the day of a race. I use the time to relax at the hotel and have a nice dinner.
  • During my last half training, I cut down from 4 to 3 runs a week, and did a cycling class once a week to replace that run I cut out. Race day went great and my foot felt a lot better. But, I’m training for a marathon now and I’m not sure 3 runs a week is going to cut it for me. I’ve been struggling, but that could also be caused by my eating and the hot weather.
  • Experiment with KT tape. They are a few methods for using it for PF that you can find by Googling

My PF/tendonitis will probably never go away unless I stop running. So I have accepted to follow the tips above and to let myself take recovery time if my foot doesn’t feel well

This actually worked for me and I always thought it was bull - wedge insert from Dr.Scholls, etc. I swear by these and they cost like $10. I get those that are only for the heel and they worked instantly for me. I may not even need to wear them anymore but still do after like 4 years. I had the symptoms of pain in the heel and I think also arches if I spent a long day walking - like disney park or something. You may want to try them and see if helps.

I think I have this problem from time to time, I got some heel type pads for me shoes and definitely helps me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter