platinum check in at port?

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
Does Platinum still get to check in with concierge? Or is this another perk we've lost like automatic boarding group 2? I haven't cruised since they added Pearl to the mix.

At PC we usually share the conceirge check in desks downstairs. We just cruised out of NOLA and they shuttled us to the non-concierge desks

Cruised platinum in November and January out of port Canaveral. There is a separate line for pearl and platinum cruisers. It was much shorter on both of those cruises.

PC in September. There was a Platinum (us) station. The worker took us over to the Concierge desk for processing. I think we ended up at an x-ray scanner with a shorter line. Then sat and waited for BG..

San Juan - no designation. But they were holding everyone back, only allowing a few at a time to enter the check-in area - then lots of available of Cast Members. Walked to ship, no sitting, just some people in a queue.

When we were at PC end of January Concierge was separate and the first check in point to the left. Platinum and Pearl were at the end nearest the scanners which is where Concierge and Platinum used to be. You still bypassed the masses for first, Silver and Gold by walking to the far right along the windows.

Last March (2023) my wife and I did a 4 night on the Wish out of PC. We took the DCL transfer from Old Key West so no PAT, we just walked right in to the platinum check in line. At that time concierge had 2 check in people and platinum had 1 right next to each other on the far right side. While we stood there, first in line, the platinum check in person kept calling concierge guests over to check them in while ignoring us (and I do mean ignoring us, as in absolutely no acknowledgment of our existence), for about 30 minutes. Had we just gone to the silver/gold check in, we would have been checked in at least 20 minutes sooner. It was very frustrating, so I'm glad to hear that they have now put concierge and platinum/pearl on opposite ends allowing them to take care of their high dollar customers while still taking care of their most loyal customers.

Cruised platinum in November and January out of port Canaveral. There is a separate line for pearl and platinum cruisers. It was much shorter on both of those cruises.

When we were at PC end of January Concierge was separate and the first check in point to the left. Platinum and Pearl were at the end nearest the scanners which is where Concierge and Platinum used to be. You still bypassed the masses for first, Silver and Gold by walking to the far right along the windows.
Thank you for this info. That's good news for when I'm back at PC for the Treasure. I'll be curious to see what they're doing at Ft. Lauderdale, which is where I'm out of next.

Thank you for this info. That's good news for when I'm back at PC for the Treasure. I'll be curious to see what they're doing at Ft. Lauderdale, which is where I'm out of next.

Sailed out of Fort Lauderdale in January - there's a separate line for Pearl and Platinum Castaway Club. There was only one family in front of us so we had a very short wait.

Separate Pearl/Platinum checkin line at Galveston recently, which was nice and quick. We walked right up with no line. Our PAT was late enough (12:30) that once we got through security, it was open boarding and we walked right on the ship. There was a significant security line, though it only took 10-15 min. We were onboard by 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter