Platinum cruises and Palo's brunch

WDBRDWLK

Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.
We are platinum cruises and have booked Palo's for brunch.. does this count for our 'free' Palo meal or does it have to be a dinner? We would rather do the brunch this time around... Anyone who recently cruised been able do the brunch?

We are platinum cruises and have booked Palo's for brunch.. does this count for our 'free' Palo meal or does it have to be a dinner? We would rather do the brunch this time around... Anyone who recently cruised been able do the brunch?
It officially says it's only for Palo dinner but we have used it 4 times for brunch with no issue.

It officially says it's only for Palo dinner but we have used it 4 times for brunch with no issue.

That is what I was hoping to hear! We made both brunch and dinner reservations at Palo's. Once we get onboard and confirm we can use the 'free' Palo for brunch we may cancel the dinner.
Thanks

We just cruised as Platinum for the first time on the Wonder 9/22. The paper we received in our stateroom says "complimentary dining experience" and does not reference either dinner or brunch specifically. We enjoyed brunch and did not have any issues with the free meal.

One time several years ago, we were not able to do brunch on the Wonder, but I think that was when they had just started allowing us to use it for brunch.

It makes sense to have brunch available for the freebie, when you figure more people are becoming platinum all the time. Eventually there wouldn't be enough free dinner reservations available for everyone.

It makes sense to have brunch available for the freebie, when you figure more people are becoming platinum all the time. Eventually there wouldn't be enough free dinner reservations available for everyone.

It would have to be a lot of Platinum cruisers for there to be no availability for Palo dinner, given that Platinum rooms can book before everyone else except Concierge. My guess is that many people who are not yet Gold book Palo even if it isn't free. I haven't seen many complaints about lack of dinner availability from recent Silver and Gold members, and have seen plenty of empty tables while dining.

... and have seen plenty of empty tables while dining.
I think that the empty tables are "on purpose" - meaning that it makes the dining room seem bigger, not as crowded and more intimate when not all of the tables are being used.

Also since there are many "starting times" for Palo meals, that the empty tables will be filled - but you might be done and gone before the next group of folks arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter