Platinum pass San Antonio vs. Orlando

poober25

Mouseketeer
We are looking into visiting Sea World and possibly BG at some point next year. I'm looking at the Black Fri. deals and I can get 2 Platinum passes at San Antonio for less (or around the same anyway) than 1 Plat pass at Orlando. If I order these online, can I activate in Orlando? Anyone know the pros and cons on this?

Unless they've changed something very recently, you have to activate the Sea World San Antonio passes in person in San Antonio before you can use them in Orlando.

I think the other big difference is that the perks (like free guest passes and animal encounters) would only be available in San Antonio.

We got the pass this year and it is active at purchase. We did Orlando first, the. San Antonio, and are doing Busch Gardnes tomorrow! No issues at all. Many perks were tied to just San Antonio but it was still well worth the savings.

I would not recommend this, while both parks are operated by the same company, they are different parks in different markets and with different pricing models and pass benefits. Orlando is of course the larger park with more attractions/exhibits/events/etc. and pass benefits, hence the price difference.. IMHO, I would not risk having an issue at the gate and then having to fork out additional funds for a 1-day ticket.

I would not recommend this, while both parks are operated by the same company, they are different parks in different markets and with different pricing models and pass benefits. Orlando is of course the larger park with more attractions/exhibits/events/etc. and pass benefits, hence the price difference.. IMHO, I would not risk having an issue at the gate and then having to fork out additional funds for a 1-day ticket.
As stated above, there would be no issues at the gate. Feel free to reach out to the parks on Facebook and confirm with them (which is what I did) but the passes are active now the minute you buy them and platinum are good at all parks. We went to both Sea World and Aquatica in Orlando for several days in March before San Antonio. The only perks you will get at those parks will be admission and parking (and maybe discount on things like food and merchandise, I didn’t use those) but you will have absolutely no issues going in. We did use the VIP seating and entrance perks at Orlando, but I have heard YMMV on that one…more of a grey area and dependent on the employee.
We did the above parks in March, then went to Sea World San Antonio in April, and are headed to Busch Gardens today. If we had planned multiple trips to Orlando and would like the perks there, sure, I would’ve paid the higher price. But this worked out perfectly for us bc we didn’t need free tickets or the photo pass in Orlando and the price was half.
Again, I confirmed directly with Sea World that was perfectly fine…the platinum pass is designed to allow you into all the parks whenever you want. I think a lot of people remain confused as the old system of activation at your home park is no longer valid. Enjoy!

We just bought passes on black Friday to Williamsburg. My husband and I used ours first at the home park, but my kids used theirs first at Tampa. We decided to purchase at VA due to the perks. It is true, it starts at date of purchase and you can go anywhere 'first'. This has changed since the last time we purchased these many years ago. The perks are only at the home park. So free pictures, free drinks/food, $10 coupons, free tickets Etc. They are only good at the home park. It is definitely worth the savings if you don't care about those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter