platinum port checkin

disnee9

Mouseketeer
We are platinum castaway club members and will be traveling with a first time cruise couple. Will they be able to check in at the concierge desk with us because our reservations are linked together ??? Or will they have to go through the regular line and we will have to wait until they are allowed to board ??

We are platinum castaway club members and will be traveling with a first time cruise couple. Will they be able to check in at the concierge desk with us because our reservations are linked together ??? Or will they have to go through the regular line and we will have to wait until they are allowed to board ??

I'm fairly certain they cannot check in with you, nor board with you. You can, however, wait until their boarding number is called and board with them.

Experience for some may vary, but when I was Platinum and had a Silver cabin linked with mine, they wouldn't let Silver board with Platinum. We could all wait and board at their Silver number, or board separately and meet on the ship.

I thought I read somewhere that it might just depend on the cast member checking you in as to how accommodating they want to be and allow everyone to board together. I guess it couldn't hurt to try ???

The time difference between you boarding as a Platinum, and your friends, should be pretty small. You can go up and snag a great table at Cabanas to welcome them aboard! :flower:

No, the Concierge desk isn’t going to allow early boarding for your friends. The rules are pretty strict, they can only allow Concierge and Platinum guests to board from the Concierge desk. I’ve seen and overheard other guests attempting this in the past. The CM has a set speech for this, they offer the Platinum or Concierge passenger the opportunity to wait to board with the rest of their group but “that’s all they can do”.

I would think most platinum members would not want DCL to allow this. It would just dilute the privileges the platinum members have spent plenty of money to earn. As a concierge cruiser, I wouldn't want to wait to check in behind first timers who aren't even silver members yet - unless they are booked in concierge. My 2 cents worth.

The time difference between you boarding as a Platinum, and your friends, should be pretty small. You can go up and snag a great table at Cabanas to welcome them aboard! :flower:
Cabanas is pretty crowded the first lunch, holding empty seats probably isn’t helpful. You could grab a great deck chair near the coffee shop, relax, and when they board you could go as a group to Cabanas or the MDR if you want to dine together...sounds like a great way to start the cruise.

Cabanas is pretty crowded the first lunch, holding empty seats probably isn’t helpful. You could grab a great deck chair near the coffee shop, relax, and when they board you could go as a group to Cabanas or the MDR if you want to dine together...sounds like a great way to start the cruise.

Nice! Love the chairs outside the Cove Cafe! And you are correct that it will surely be less hectic! :-)

Anyone out there who has had luck accomplishing this ??
Actually, we were allowed to have our daughter and son-in-law (silver) board with us several years ago when we went on a Mexican West Coast cruise. However, our daughter had medical issues, and was allowed to board with us to avoid any complications.

This doesn't directly correlate. I was concierge(2A) and I had another cabin(2A) of first timers they gave them boarding number #1. Then they worked a little pixie dust, I didn't ask for this, for them since one of the first timers had a mobility issue they boarded with me in concierge.

The only way we have have been able to achieve this, is to have one of our immedate family (all platinum) assigned to a room the with grandma and grandpa. They were ajoining staterooms. The whole party, us and grandparents, checked in together at concierge since both staterooms had platinum guest and all got the same boarding group.

You mentioned your staterooms are already linked but without an actual platinum guest in the room they would check in at the normal queue. Not sure if that is an option to move one of your party into the other room. They can always be switched back to the original room at guest service after boarding.

Make sure they get the first PAT, so if you do wait to board together, the wait isn't as long.

The only way we have have been able to achieve this, is to have one of our immedate family (all platinum) assigned to a room the with grandma and grandpa. They were ajoining staterooms. The whole party, us and grandparents, checked in together at concierge since both staterooms had platinum guest and all got the same boarding group.

You mentioned your staterooms are already linked but without an actual platinum guest in the room they would check in at the normal queue. Not sure if that is an option to move one of your party into the other room. They can always be switched back to the original room at guest service after boarding.

Just remember that Lifeboat Stations are assigned according to cabin number, not where you choose to sleep. You're required to report to the Lifeboat Station you've been assigned, so by switching up cabins to sleep in, you take the chance of being separated in an emergency.

Im platinum and my friends that are silver that travel with us are always allowed to enter with us...they just get in line with us and go up when we go up...we have done 4 cruises together and enter with us every time. Did one out of San Diego last Oct and May together and they boarded with us..and checked in with us.....Doing another is Oct out of San Diego again and will do the same. They are a family of 4 so if you have a large party that may make a difference....they know that friends and family want to enter together....but guess you could get a person that is checking you in that is not having a magical day and just say no..lol...try it you have nothing to loose :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter