• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Platinum Port Experience

disnerd123

Jessica
Christmas I will be sailing as Platinum the first time. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect at the port? We will be sailing from Miami. This will be our first Port of Miami experience, also. Any information would be appreciated.

When you do your online check-in you won't select a Port Arrival time. So you can get to the port at your leisure. I believe in Miami there was a separate Platinum line (separate from Concierge; Port Canaveral has them together). You will check in and be given platinum lanyards and a boarding card in group 2. Otherwise it is the same experience as other non-concierge guests.

Could be group 1 or 2....I have had both numbers as Platinum with no rhyme or reason (mostly #1). There are really no other special perks at the port for Platinum. Just the check in line, lanyard and the early boarding. No special waiting area or anything.

MJ

Are the bingo cards a new addition? We have never played bingo onboard, but don't remember seeing it offered in Feb.

Are the bingo cards a new addition? We have never played bingo onboard, but don't remember seeing it offered in Feb.
I think so, that was from our cruise just ended, you can see some changes.

Ie limited choice of gift, wine or Fruit, not chocolates.
Palo is any meal Brunch or Dinner.

Thanks. We have never played, but with 5 straight sea days we may give it a try in Sept.
Yes, the chocolates are gone, I didn't notice that.
Our server told us in Palo back in Feb. that whichever meal we had first in Palo would be complimentary.

Hope you enjoyed your voyage. :)

Thanks. We have never played, but with 5 straight sea days we may give it a try in Sept.
Yes, the chocolates are gone, I didn't notice that.
Our server told us in Palo back in Feb. that whichever meal we had first in Palo would be complimentary.

Hope you enjoyed your voyage. :)

Yes they have swapped back and forth on Palo, said it was Dinner only then either, then dinner only again now it is either again.

It was a fabulous trip thank you.

In Miami, you check in with Concierge. Platinum and concierge wait together in an area adjacent to the check in. When they are reading for boarding, we all went together. At least this was the procedure 2/15.

Odd. The fine print doesn't mention the Fantasy as one of the ships where the merchandise discount is valid. Makes it seem like an older version.

had the merchandise discount, group 1 boarding, free bingo offer...and on last cruise which was Fantasy last October.

They have had the bingo promotion for a while, but its not available for the last day, or last
jackpot bingo. We passed on the other bingo days, but went to the jackpot and did not
get the extra cards.

Odd. The fine print doesn't mention the Fantasy as one of the ships where the merchandise discount is valid. Makes it seem like an older version.
You can see the date on it , for the CC meeting, it was issued two weeks ago!

Applies to all ships.

They have had the bingo promotion for a while, but its not available for the last day, or last
jackpot bingo. We passed on the other bingo days, but went to the jackpot and did not
get the extra cards.

This is true the CD made announcements to this affect.

We have been given the discount on The Fantasy.

Thanks so much for the quick answers! One more question: We have family travelling in 3 other cabins. Reservations are linked together for dining, etc. Will my family in other cabins be able to check in/board with me?

Unfortunately, they will not be able to check in with you. They can only board with you if they have the same boarding number as you. If they have a lower number and you all wish to board together, DCL asks that you wait and board with them. This has happened to us in the past. Separate check in was no big deal. As for boarding, we chose to board ahead of the rest of our party, bc DH wanted to shoot some video of them being announced/boarding the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter