Playhouse Disney

Petamarie

Earning My Ears
Playhouse Disney is scheduled to be closed for Refurbishment when we are visiting late Feb early March.
Do they ever finish earlier than expected and open the attraction earlier than planned?
I am so bummed this is closed. It was one of the few things my 22mth old would have like!

We were there last week. There is a wall up around the outside to change the sign, but the show was still going on. They were taking people in through the exit, so you might still be able to see it when you are there.

Playhouse Disney is scheduled to be closed for Refurbishment when we are visiting late Feb early March.
Do they ever finish earlier than expected and open the attraction earlier than planned?

Yes, refirbished attractions can open early. They are called soft openings and are not advertised.

Soft openings can occur anywhere from a day to even a week before the scheduled reopening of an attraction.

How many days prior to the the opening date will you be there?

Hopefully it will be open for you early :)

But I'm sure there is much more your 22 month old will like, we took our DD when she was 24 months and she loved Casey's, IASW, Dumbo, Carousel, Tea Cups, Storybook, Winnie the Pooh, Alice, and all the other rides in Fantasyland that she could ride, the characters, Nemo, the rides in Bug's, you are going to have a great time. To be honest, when we went to Playhouse Disney she didn't really like it. She had to sit down on the ground for the majority of it which was hard and we found it just ok, but I know alot of folks here who love it. So it might have just been an off day for us then. Either way, whether it is open or not, you are going to have a wonderful time with your baby!!!! Have fun!

I am so bummed this is closed. It was one of the few things my 22mth old would have like!

Are you aware it's getting a new show. Some stuff from Disney Jr. I'm not sure of the branding or content of the new show. Just that it's apparently going up an age group.

Our DD's first trip was at 23 months. She had a BLAST and she didn't do Playhouse Disney. I hope it opens early and you guys are able to enjoy it (it is very well done), but I'm sure your little one will have a great trip either way...

Thanks guys!
I am sure we will have fun and I will keep my fingers crossed that it is open anyway.
She is only a little bubba cause she was born 3 months early so she won't be able to go on much with height restrictions but I have bought her a little backpack with lead so I can stop her jumping out on Dumbo!! :)

Just thought I'd chime in...Playhouse Disney is becoming Disney Junior...it isn't going up an age group. Just a change in name and line-up.

Mouseplanet says it'll be closed January 24-March 24, so I would guess March 25th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter