Plaza Inn Dining Package MSEP reviews?

I tried booking this for the days we are in the parks but it seems like the packages are selling out really fast.
I kept checking myself for cancellations and found one the day before!
I was worried it would be too much food. We usually split 2 chicken dinners between 3 people. I also saw on the website that the sides are mac and cheese and carrots. Not a fan of either. Can we sub for the traditional mashed potatoes and green beans?

So do you think, based on your experience, 7pm would be a good time to show up for curb seating?
I can’t say if they even opened it at 7 but I’d check then. I’m guessing you’ll see people lined up. There was no line to get in when we got there. You go in on the side closer to city hall, by a popcorn stand.
Do you think it would be possible to get a decent spot showing up 30 minutes or less from the start of the parade? Part of why I like the idea of reserved parade viewing is so we don't have to wait so long. With my back issues I can't sit on the sidewalk to wait and standing would be pretty uncomfortable, too.
Yes. The guys closest to me showed up near about 8:00. The people behind me, and there were only a couple, had been sitting on the planter railing until show time more or less.
I’d say you really only need to be early if you want to sit on the curb. It was never 3-4 rows deep like the normal areas get. There was the curb sitting row, then the row that stood behind them, then a few people here and there behind that row. The 2 guys behind me we’re probably there cause my daughter and I are short and easy to see over.

I kept checking myself for cancellations and found one the day before!

I can’t say if they even opened it at 7 but I’d check then. I’m guessing you’ll see people lined up. There was no line to get in when we got there. You go in on the side closer to city hall, by a popcorn stand.

Yes. The guys closest to me showed up near about 8:00. The people behind me, and there were only a couple, had been sitting on the planter railing until show time more or less.
I’d say you really only need to be early if you want to sit on the curb. It was never 3-4 rows deep like the normal areas get. There was the curb sitting row, then the row that stood behind them, then a few people here and there behind that row. The 2 guys behind me we’re probably there cause my daughter and I are short and easy to see over.
So the row behind the curb all stands? We always do the curb because I'm not standing through the whole parade.

Yes, they go pretty quick. Try to set an alert for one on some of the Disneyland dining sites that help with reservations.
Yes, I can certainly attest that they go fast. I was at 60 days last week and had 2 days to try for it. First day, I got it within a second after 6:00 Pacific Time for 2:45 in the afternoon. Not an ideal time for lunch so I tried again the next day. I was perhaps 2 or 3 seconds late in refreshing and I never even saw it as an option. Between all the reservations and FP/Lightning Lane bookings I've done at WDW, I've never seen something go as fast as those reservations.

@kirstie101 I have the package 3 weeks from tonight & am so excited! It's just me, so I'm not worried about having room for a party of 4 or something, but if you had to guess, how many people would you say were in the reserved section? I'm perfectly find with doing the 2nd row like you did behind people sitting on the curb, but I've waited for 3 hrs in the past for Paint the Night and I'm not in the mood to wait any longer than an hour like you did.

@kirstie101 I have the package 3 weeks from tonight & am so excited! It's just me, so I'm not worried about having room for a party of 4 or something, but if you had to guess, how many people would you say were in the reserved section? I'm perfectly find with doing the 2nd row like you did behind people sitting on the curb, but I've waited for 3 hrs in the past for Paint the Night and I'm not in the mood to wait any longer than an hour like you did.
I’m terrible at estimating numbers like that…75? It’s a long area and room for a number of rows of people. I can tell you it didn’t feel crowded where we were. I had room to stretch my legs out when I was sitting and no one was sitting right on top of me. My daughter had no problem getting out and back in at 8:15 when she went to get ice cream. They could have fit more people in there but I’m glad they didn’t. For just one person you shouldn’t have to get there very early to be in that 2nd row.

Seriously. They should not open the area more than 15 minutes before the parade time to be honest. The 8:30 parade starts at Small World anyway. It doesn't get to Town Square until close to 8:50. The perk of the dining package should be show up at the last minute and get a great spot, not sit on the concrete for almost 90 minutes. You can do that for free.
I think I will by pass the dining package for this reason. I thought with the package I could arrive like 30 min I dont want to pay that kind of money to be behind two rows of people I can do that for free

From the main reservation page where it shows all the restaurants for the date you're interested in. July 10 (60 days out) shows 2pm availability.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/dining/#/reservations-accepted/
Thank you, weird that it follows a different process than the WOC dessert party, in my opinion.

I will keep checking daily to understand how fast it sells out. when I enter 5 people for the last day available (July 10th), it shows no availability....

Thank you, weird that it follows a different process than the WOC dessert party, in my opinion.

I will keep checking daily to understand how fast it sells out. when I enter 5 people for the last day available (July 10th), it shows no availability....
It is odd but that's the Disneyland website, unfortunately. I just put in 5 people for July 10th at 1pm and there's a 1:40 availability. Try using times and not lunch or dinner as your option.

It is odd but that's the Disneyland website, unfortunately. I just put in 5 people for July 10th at 1pm and there's a 1:40 availability. Try using times and not lunch or dinner as your option.
Thank you, It does show up now.
I'll keep checking, my trip is only at the end of August.
Since it's likely a once in a life time trip (we're way closer to WDW compared to DL), I will likely do this one and the WOC one.
Thanks, again....

Thanks for the info! I lucked out and snagged one for a Saturday night soon.

This may be a silly question, but is it possible to watch the fireworks after too? And if so, what’s the best strategy? We’re two tall-ish adults, so we don’t need a perfect spot, but I’d like to have a plan.

So excited to visit again from Canada after too long!!

Can anyone who done this package recently confirm that there are still no substitutions at the Plaza Inn allowed?

My party is vegetarian and none of us will eat fried chicken or mac and cheese. I know Plaza Inn has a regular vegetarian pasta dish on the buffet, but earlier reports sound like you can only get the package food.

Can anyone who done this package recently confirm that there are still no substitutions at the Plaza Inn allowed?

My party is vegetarian and none of us will eat fried chicken or mac and cheese. I know Plaza Inn has a regular vegetarian pasta dish on the buffet, but earlier reports sound like you can only get the package food.
A blogger showed that his wife got the Salmon meal, so they do allow for some substitutions.

A blogger showed that his wife got the Salmon meal, so they do allow for some substitutions.

I emailed disney about gluten and was told you can make a request when booking and it should be taken care of additionally if you have more then 4 dietary issues you could email the allergy email service. Im not close enough to my date to have done it yet but that's what I was told. We have a gluten allergy in out group so Fried chicken and Mac and cheese will be an issue.

So far the only Plaza Inn package I've gotten is the same night as my River Belle Terrace Fantasmic dinner, which starts at 7:15. If I do the MSEP package can I choose which parade I go to? There's no way I can do the first parade and Fantasmic.

So far the only Plaza Inn package I've gotten is the same night as my River Belle Terrace Fantasmic dinner, which starts at 7:15. If I do the MSEP package can I choose which parade I go to? There's no way I can do the first parade and Fantasmic.
Honestly if you are doing the second parade I don't think you even need a package. We walked up a few minutes before and had a great spot and view. And this was opening weekend. Now Fanstamic is taking the heat off MSEP so I imagine the second parade will be even easier to view.

The plaza inn dining package is only for the 1st parade. From what I hear, you won’t need it for the 2nd parade anyway.

Honestly if you are doing the second parade I don't think you even need a package. We walked up a few minutes before and had a great spot and view. And this was opening weekend. Now Fanstamic is taking the heat off MSEP so I imagine the second parade will be even easier to view.
The plaza inn dining package is only for the 1st parade. From what I hear, you won’t need it for the 2nd parade anyway.

Thank you! I was going to try to rearrange things but I'll just plan on the late parade after the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter