Plaza Inn Fireworks Package NYE

durantigger

Mouseketeer
Hello Experts!

I just saw a dining package at Plaza Inn with fireworks viewing for New Year's Eve. It says the viewing will be from the restaurant. I'm just looking for some reviews. I know they did this for 4th of July, but I can't seem to find any reviews by people who did it. Wondering if the fireworks view will be any good. ??

If I remember from the 4th of July, people weren't too impressed with the view from Plaza Inn, especially when they considered the price of the package. We've viewed the fireworks from there many times only because it worked out well when the kids were little, especially when they were afraid of the crowds. The view was okay, not stellar, but the little ones didn't mind. But we weren't paying a premium for the table or the view. How badly do you want to be up by the Hub for fireworks on NYE? We viewed from Main Street last year and thought the view was fine (and crowds weren't too bad, either).

If I remember from the 4th of July, people weren't too impressed with the view from Plaza Inn, especially when they considered the price of the package. We've viewed the fireworks from there many times only because it worked out well when the kids were little, especially when they were afraid of the crowds. The view was okay, not stellar, but the little ones didn't mind. But we weren't paying a premium for the table or the view. How badly do you want to be up by the Hub for fireworks on NYE? We viewed from Main Street last year and thought the view was fine (and crowds weren't too bad, either).

Thanks for responding! I LOVE fireworks and have never been to Disneyland on NYE, that's why I considered this. Also, my husband is not as thrilled with fireworks, so I don't see him waiting for hours. But it's $125 + tax per person. I understand that it's NYE and includes a nice meal, but I was thinking it's not a great view for that price...

Main Street may be the way to go.

Krista :-)

My wife and I are making the trip out to Disneyland this New Years for our anniversary. As Disney World people, we can only imagine the craziness that will be happening in the park on New Year's Eve. We really want to view the Fireworks, but want to find ways to minimize the chaos and not spend our entire evening waiting for them. We saw that there is a dining package at Plaza Inn that offers viewing from that location. From my understanding, the view is obstructed. A cast member I spoke to even mentioned that they had never done NYE dining packages previously because there aren't good unobstructed views to utilize. I saw that they did a similar package for 4th of July. Is this worth the hefty price tag of 125 a person for the convenience on an insane day in the park?

... Is this worth the hefty price tag of 125 a person for the convenience on an insane day in the park?
Whether $125 is worth an okay-but-not-stellar view of the fireworks is up to you. We don't think it's worth it (can think of many other things in the parks worth that much money!). Do you have to be right up at the castle for the fireworks on NYE? If so, then bite the bullet and camp out for your spots. People start camping in front of the castle from park opening, so be ready to spend the day taking turns holding your spots. If Main Street will be fine, you won't have to wait as long -- less time the further back you are willing to be. We walked right up to the end of Main Street by the Emporium last year, right before the fireworks started -- no waiting, crowds weren't too bad -- got our photo taken by PP -- and Boom! the show began. You might find the view from IASW to be good -- the fireworks launch from behind TT, so they are huge back there. And the IASW building makes great scenery for the show. That area usually isn't as crowded as the Hub.

I was there for the 4th of July package. I was the first person to book and the first person to be seated! (That was just an aside, I thought it was pretty cool, but I digress...)

Anyway, the shrubs did block the view of the castle except for the most top part, but since the fireworks were in the sky, we could see them. The projections were definitely obscured.

I did enjoy having a seat. I did enjoy that the Plaza Inn CM that came up with the idea came around to ask what we liked, did not like, and what changes they could make. I liked that I did not have to stake out my spot for hours. Our seats were in the section closest to the PI bathrooms - but a couple of tables from the railings (if that makes sense).

So, all things considered, it wasn't the best view. BUT it was still worth it to me to have a table and chairs that I could just sit and enjoy my meal and the fireworks and not have to fight with a crowd. It was just my DH and me. I don't know that I would spend the money if I had to pay for my whole family, but just for two people, it wasn't too bad. And we usually purchase one of the paid dining/viewing options at least once per trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter