• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pleasantly Surprised: Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Greetings DISboard family! :flower3:

I have just returned from my first stay at the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and I felt compelled to share my thoughts and experiences with you all. Some of you who know me are familiar with my previous WDW resort threads and trip reports, I've been lucky to take many vacations to Disney World over the years. However it's been a long time since I've really bothered to report any of my stays here on the DIS because for the most part it's all things you've heard a million times before. But this time my stay was really above and beyond my expectations for a Disney Moderate resort so I thought it might be helpful info for some travelers.

We booked two King rooms in Gran Destino Tower, one was water view and the other was standard view with my AP discount. This trip was very last minute, we literally booked the rooms less than a week before flying down and honestly I was surprised to even find anything.

Most recently we had just stayed a week at POFQ in January, so even though I'd never stayed at the new tower at CSR before I was expecting it to be fine. Disney moderate resorts are always reliable in that way.

First of all, these rooms are nice! Very modern, clean, and well decorated.

IMG_0420.HEIC

I was in the water view room.

IMG_0422.HEIC

This small living room was really perfect for us. My son and his wife could come visit me and have plenty of space to sit down without having to sit on the bed or some uncomfortable wooden chair. A couple of nights we even brought some drinks and desserts back to watch the fireworks from their room across the hall, standard view gives a great view of Epcot and Studios fireworks. If I would have known that I would have booked both of us standard view. :laughing: Although I did enjoy the water view as well. It was nice too.

IMG_0421.HEIC

The room felt super spacious. I loved having the built-in desk area where I could have my laptop (yes I even work on vacation I'm sorry I can't help it lol) To the left of the desk chair are 3 large drawers for storage and to the right is the fridge. Also I loved having the Keurig since that's what I use at home. There's an ice bucket, coffee cups, plastic drinking cups, plus all the coffee items. If you've tried to make coffee in your room at POFQ you probably know it's horrible :laughing: so this was an upgrade for sure.

IMG_0424.HEIC

Looking from this direction you can see the "Hey Mickey" voice assistant on the table next to the swivel chair, and the large bench where I put my giant suitcase next to the closet.
Speaking of the closet it isn't huge but it was plenty for me. There's an iron and ironing board in there plus a safe. Also, you can't see from this angle but on the other side of the closet I used a luggage rack for my second suitcase, tons of space over there for a big stroller or wheelchair, everything was out of the way, which I love. These rooms also have the updated TV that allows you to Chromecast so I mostly watched Netflix or Twitch at night. Sadly YouTube is blocked.

IMG_0423.HEIC

Here's another look at the chair in the corner by the window. Also see the hidden Mickey's in the wallpaper?? They've kept it subtle but there are touches of Disney everywhere if you're looking. :goodvibes

IMG_0425.HEIC

From this direction you can see both bedside tables, 3 drawers each, which have multiple outlets and USB as well as another full length mirror. I travel with a lot of things to plug in :laughing: iPhone, apple watch, magic band, my fan, laptop, etc, etc, so this room was perfect for those needs.

IMG_0351.HEIC

Here's a look at my water view from the 8th floor. The resort is very quiet, the only sound I ever heard was from the nightly movies they played on the grassy area below. But it wasn't super loud.

IMG_0426.HEIC

This is the best shower in Disney World! :laughing: OK I might be slightly exaggerating, but compared to the tub and plastic curtain we had at POFQ this was a billion times better. I hate plastic shower curtains with a passion so having this LARGE enclosed shower with door, also the rainfall overhead and the handheld shower option, feels like staying in a deluxe resort. I'm pretty sure this shower is even larger than the one we had last November at SSR in the one bedroom villa. It's very nice. The only negative thing I can say is there is no seat or ledge to prop your leg up for shaving, so you'd better be comfortable doing some deep bending over. :laughing:

IMG_0429.HEIC

I tried to get an angle that showed the double sinks and also the pocket door to the toilet room. It's so nice having it separated like this. Behind the door there are 2 large towel racks with four complete sets of towels, and extras stored under the sink. Also the lighting in this bathroom is PERFECT! Not only from overhead but the backlit mirror and makeup mirror as well. Very nice.

I really can't say enough good things about this room. My daughter-in-law and I kept saying we felt like we were in a deluxe resort, and honestly I don't know if I'll ever go back to POFQ again after staying here. Our car was parked literally steps from the hotel entrance, the lobby is gorgeous, the bus stop is super close, the elevators are the fastest I've ever experienced in WDW, the walk to the shops and food court is all enclosed so no worries for rain or bad weather, I can't think of one negative thing to say. There are four restaurants, several bars (I lost count there are so many bars) and all the castmembers we dealt with were incredibly nice and friendly. If I had to be super nickpicky I guess I could say that the walk to refillable mugs was a bit long, I mentioned to the manager that adding a refill station in the tower somewhere would be a good idea. But other than that our stay was PERFECT and I'll definitely be staying here again.

That's going to be all from me! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Hopefully these picture links don't break, I know sometimes Photobucket puts a limit on the number of hits. If you don't see the pics above then check back the next day and they should be there. Or you can right click the broken link and copy and paste it into a new browser. ((please photobucket don't shut me down lol))) :poop:

Nice, my girlfriend are staying there for the first time in 4 weeks. We usually do the Dolphin but figured we would try something new. We wanted to try some of the dining there and figured this was the easiest way to try it, we have Toledo booked and will hit 3 bridges as well. Looking forward to it.

Nice, my girlfriend are staying there for the first time in 4 weeks. We usually do the Dolphin but figured we would try something new. We wanted to try some of the dining there and figured this was the easiest way to try it, we have Toledo booked and will hit 3 bridges as well. Looking forward to it.

I hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

Greetings DISboard family! :flower3:

I have just returned from my first stay at the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and I felt compelled to share my thoughts and experiences with you all. Some of you who know me are familiar with my previous WDW resort threads and trip reports, I've been lucky to take many vacations to Disney World over the years. However it's been a long time since I've really bothered to report any of my stays here on the DIS because for the most part it's all things you've heard a million times before. But this time my stay was really above and beyond my expectations for a Disney Moderate resort so I thought it might be helpful info for some travelers.

We booked two King rooms in Gran Destino Tower, one was water view and the other was standard view with my AP discount. This trip was very last minute, we literally booked the rooms less than a week before flying down and honestly I was surprised to even find anything.

Most recently we had just stayed a week at POFQ in January, so even though I'd never stayed at the new tower at CSR before I was expecting it to be fine. Disney moderate resorts are always reliable in that way.

First of all, these rooms are nice! Very modern, clean, and well decorated.

IMG_0420.HEIC

I was in the water view room.

IMG_0422.HEIC

This small living room was really perfect for us. My son and his wife could come visit me and have plenty of space to sit down without having to sit on the bed or some uncomfortable wooden chair. A couple of nights we even brought some drinks and desserts back to watch the fireworks from their room across the hall, standard view gives a great view of Epcot and Studios fireworks. If I would have known that I would have booked both of us standard view. :laughing: Although I did enjoy the water view as well. It was nice too.

IMG_0421.HEIC

The room felt super spacious. I loved having the built-in desk area where I could have my laptop (yes I even work on vacation I'm sorry I can't help it lol) To the left of the desk chair are 3 large drawers for storage and to the right is the fridge. Also I loved having the Keurig since that's what I use at home. There's an ice bucket, coffee cups, plastic drinking cups, plus all the coffee items. If you've tried to make coffee in your room at POFQ you probably know it's horrible :laughing: so this was an upgrade for sure.

IMG_0424.HEIC

Looking from this direction you can see the "Hey Mickey" voice assistant on the table next to the swivel chair, and the large bench where I put my giant suitcase next to the closet.
Speaking of the closet it isn't huge but it was plenty for me. There's an iron and ironing board in there plus a safe. Also, you can't see from this angle but on the other side of the closet I used a luggage rack for my second suitcase, tons of space over there for a big stroller or wheelchair, everything was out of the way, which I love. These rooms also have the updated TV that allows you to Chromecast so I mostly watched Netflix or Twitch at night. Sadly YouTube is blocked.

IMG_0423.HEIC

Here's another look at the chair in the corner by the window. Also see the hidden Mickey's in the wallpaper?? They've kept it subtle but there are touches of Disney everywhere if you're looking. :goodvibes

IMG_0425.HEIC

From this direction you can see both bedside tables, 3 drawers each, which have multiple outlets and USB as well as another full length mirror. I travel with a lot of things to plug in :laughing: iPhone, apple watch, magic band, my fan, laptop, etc, etc, so this room was perfect for those needs.

IMG_0351.HEIC

Here's a look at my water view from the 8th floor. The resort is very quiet, the only sound I ever heard was from the nightly movies they played on the grassy area below. But it wasn't super loud.

IMG_0426.HEIC

This is the best shower in Disney World! :laughing: OK I might be slightly exaggerating, but compared to the tub and plastic curtain we had at POFQ this was a billion times better. I hate plastic shower curtains with a passion so having this LARGE enclosed shower with door, also the rainfall overhead and the handheld shower option, feels like staying in a deluxe resort. I'm pretty sure this shower is even larger than the one we had last November at SSR in the one bedroom villa. It's very nice. The only negative thing I can say is there is no seat or ledge to prop your leg up for shaving, so you'd better be comfortable doing some deep bending over. :laughing:

IMG_0429.HEIC

I tried to get an angle that showed the double sinks and also the pocket door to the toilet room. It's so nice having it separated like this. Behind the door there are 2 large towel racks with four complete sets of towels, and extras stored under the sink. Also the lighting in this bathroom is PERFECT! Not only from overhead but the backlit mirror and makeup mirror as well. Very nice.

I really can't say enough good things about this room. My daughter-in-law and I kept saying we felt like we were in a deluxe resort, and honestly I don't know if I'll ever go back to POFQ again after staying here. Our car was parked literally steps from the hotel entrance, the lobby is gorgeous, the bus stop is super close, the elevators are the fastest I've ever experienced in WDW, the walk to the shops and food court is all enclosed so no worries for rain or bad weather, I can't think of one negative thing to say. There are four restaurants, several bars (I lost count there are so many bars) and all the castmembers we dealt with were incredibly nice and friendly. If I had to be super nickpicky I guess I could say that the walk to refillable mugs was a bit long, I mentioned to the manager that adding a refill station in the tower somewhere would be a good idea. But other than that our stay was PERFECT and I'll definitely be staying here again.

That's going to be all from me! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Hopefully these picture links don't break, I know sometimes Photobucket puts a limit on the number of hits. If you don't see the pics above then check back the next day and they should be there. Or you can right click the broken link and copy and paste it into a new browser. ((please photobucket don't shut me down lol))) :poop:
Hey Erika, glad you had a fun stay, we miss your insight on the CL thread. You always do great overviews. I whole heartily agree with your review, we love the tower as well.

"My son and his wife" what?!!!! I feel like your sons should still be middle school, they just grow up way too fast. Congrats!!!!!

Hey Erika, glad you had a fun stay, we miss your insight on the CL thread. You always do great overviews. I whole heartily agree with your review, we love the tower as well.

"My son and his wife" what?!!!! I feel like your sons should still be middle school, they just grow up way too fast. Congrats!!!!!
Can you even believe it? My little baby is a married man. :goodvibes Time goes by way too fast.

I definitely miss our CL stays. Especially that feeling of cozying up in one room together, which always led to late nights of so much giggling and silliness. Ahhhh I wish I could take a time machine back to their childhood and do it all again. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter