Please Can I Stay in Summer? I Don't Want to go back to Winter. An April 2022 Solo Adventure.

Sorry Friends!

Real life got in the way of my TR writing these last couple weeks.

Back in the swing of things now.

I have the next episode written - just trying to get my photos loaded up!

Should have it out to you by tomorrow evening!

I am here!!! Late but I am here!

I was all ready to go when my wonderful Dad rolled up at 3:42am to pick me up!
That is a good Dad!

SUCCESS!!!!!

I managed to get Remy for 3:40-4:40 and also Frozen Ever After for 4:00-5:00.

5QszVAc2xBboiDXBnksTrmzuopre8hO-JFNxSGrepSyaxX-sgTsd2sgin7ySXKIjQkc0mnTyEFQK0bJEREi3bE7ilMurfKd6vdVuxPHwDHJNgcMXXMBNBP1xAEoX7foxkS7SMpa3K0rYO1AtyQ
Wow! That was amazing timing!!!!

Now I have to say that Mears Connect was a great choice and a wonderful experience for me.
That is good to hear. We will probably use them next trip. Or uber... Car service was great but $$$

Chapter 3: A Frozen Failure

Where did I leave off? Oh yes….

So, I had just hopped off the Mears Connect Shuttle at about 2:40pm, I left a wee tip for our lovely driver on his seat and got in line to grab my bag as he unloaded them from underneath the bus.

Bag in hand, I turned around to make my way to registration when all of sudden there was a lovely cast member, tablet in hand, ready to check me in!

I had literally just received an email that my room wasn’t ready so I was very surprised when he was able to get me into a ready room!

Now I had placed a grocery delivery from Walmart that I scheduled to be dropped off at Bell Services at around 1pm.

I had received an email from Walmart as my plane landed that the delivery was going to be later than expected but they would keep in touch and give me an updated delivery time ASAP.

Since I was already running about 40 minutes behind my intended schedule I was more concerned with getting to my room and getting myself semi organized than spending too much time worrying over groceries.

I knew the general area where my room was located so I headed in that direction.

Rewind about 4.5 years to September 2017 when I stayed at POP during Hurricane Irma.

The parks were closed for 2.5 days and I had nothing better to do, when I was allowed out of my room, than wander around the resort and read EVERY. SINGLE. SIGN. around Hourglass Lake.

I was somewhat keen at the thought of someday staying in the building right next to the sign with the year I was born.

Fast Forward to the present.

As I got nearer to the area where my room was located, I realized that I was going to be in the 70’s section.

Cool, I thought to myself. I wonder if I will be anywhere near my year sign.

Well, wouldn’t you know it?!

RHM-ml_TupiIHDnDfidCpMjigEY3c94GLCZybjzhJJlCWjHM8tdxNTO0XzXhAFTIScuj3D_wyjmBHmN9ZSchOs07XhO-frA3uiUTObYcjNDpHhrO3kWoEYMI3ZXwtzo-dPHsU1O4CO2fW3vBjA

That's exactly where I was!!

uRkkcZ9Nlt-taLHhek1phGZID3NVWPogzYdScfTiV8bIhBHqHhGbC2LaDFBxY7cF9ZeVIjtVttBL9SfPt0o1fRL2XIsWAmsfHl4jtqO7aIVoheGJ9D8JEVrMm_SmAwIZZPpYR7Xot3cOJn2e2Q

Right behind the 8track of Bubble Gum Greats 70s Pop on the second floor second room in (almost got a corner room!!) I was in room 6238.

WrCb7NEFeEK9QIbl74DpbwdZOH9phyFdpzdJg-Kk0WEtHnuqDmVpWSjyB-AUfFR9ix6ZCg0gYuJsWTEUKYwta6MX0C38RHH1EBUtMjCvqaj3tVIDLzT75Ajz2mV6OlzZhVzt0T-Ckxl-jAJFRQ

I was in my room by 2:55pm and quickly got myself situated and somewhat organized.

I unpacked my clothes and put everything away into the 3 dresser drawers and organized my toiletries at the bathroom sink.

I threw my hair into a messy bun, spread some sunscreen on my pasty white Canadian winter skin, tossed some water and snacks into my park bag and I was out the door by 3:15.

A 20 minute turnaround - not too shabby.

I was now only 15 minutes behind in my carefully planned itinerary.

I made my way to the Skyliner Station for my VERY FIRST RIDE N THE DISNEY SKYLINER!!!

VO8c0BLxjOVaHN9AyPVVguZbdAOs37MplMuJ1QsQyqms_nRtsYefTzd38la_XeQFgBAulLpU6Aq53i4zhXP_tufPVD-BkO6zlsCERspn3Ox_VBoAXuzMorZs36rKX6IAMIWjbxoSrlEHEJcU5w

I was WAYYYYYY too excited!!!

I think I told 3 different cast members that it was my first time! LOL

I was on the skyline to CBR by 3:20pm.

JoIO2yPkv-JUgWTh-L5rJtKj1Zi6sJu3rOzv9KmD8gkkCTqiHxihf1sgiCkRWb9H2XLZTE_iu_zJ1efpdakLEpeN4-MIaQ8-LtwwTXot5Rli9lSlh4v2yX9J5PUSGl6Nb6rodA_Vachp_-I9Dg

8 minutes later I was on the next Skyliner to EPCOT!

Hello EPCOT!!!

sedpTAC2lpgRvLrM06_ZZi99b1FONfUDWL4f9KaAbUHG7YJFH6LekLMW385QcbxAaHMt4tw7PsHy59CeR-HCMAxKDPpYLcjDTIvnExn0u3iaNvI6jieeyCV3d4aDMYQuK5rFCY14wcAL09FNjA

I was off the Skyliner and at the IG by 3:40

I made it through security with a quick bag check (my battery pack was the issue) and tapped into the park at 3:45.

A hop, skip and jump later I was in France and tapped onto my very first ride of the trip - Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure!

9D86LtvwG3hIpTtzMF5rSKMW4yE31KNLI5pIaMvjluHX6oaQ7l1zdnpVm6PK-8jPOOw8aoj0syHewwPpGAx6u-Sca_UMKR2rmWLdRU6QiDoXOzKSBS3EqPMlYoddpZ29GIcNZ7sxZDiIu6ECXQ
mTDJd6hvltvDh0EZcGpruNUIt3R3-yA9eZKhb0nnDUchOw9W1L-_ZxLIu8fnllUiIhSjed9ZMFNXAkih0Nm55GfaADAD8BFFDxfDDmy9Wtu-kU-okhhL34YnTlDs6S8a5WsMRCGqGleqjNBVIA
5iuL-v70VUqs18pLQyffstxWUcLdAkAwXSkpic72eflh8S6OCK5xXBvSjLCTluYSDojh9_mWqED3SEIt1kv1XAbx2NbDQp9mkl5_hHANVYB5JRu_LiNo3qGNCRad0WEMZjNSpMO21UWsk4f-jA

How adorable is this ride??

I LOVED IT!

I had been reading and listening to others trip reports and had heard some complaints about this ride giving some people an upset tummy. I had been concerned that I might get a bit nauseous - but I escaped without any tummy upset whatsoever.

My tummy however was getting quite rumbly as I had not yet really had an actual meal that day. I had only been snacking since 4am.

My tummy told told my brain that it wanted something from the other side of the lagoon and since we had another LL over in that direction, I said sure!

So I took my tummy over to Mexico to La Cantina de San Angel and I ordered the Arroz con Pollo bowl.

Disney describes this dish as: Marinated grilled chicken, rice and corn topped with a spicy tomato sauce, pickled onions, queso fresco and cilantro.

The price was $14.50 + tax.

This is what I got:

kIhsCwVVMuZFN4sTTfUwz1uYgDTJ8ccgE-CjhfqHuF2E3YZeUhkYqCAg_JAJUNMh1300URxlJDYCsDhHhxRReu0PctTM-0R6s4JpiytVN2RIWAz4oIV0UZLPp8HnISjnPG4QjVLOzjeUr13g_g

This portion was so small, I had to go back and double check to make sure they hadn’t given me the kids meal by mistake.

I was astonished - I knew that they had said they were going to be cutting back on portions but this was ridiculous!

I finished that “bowl” in about 5 bites!!

There were literally 3 small pieces of chicken, maybe ⅓ cup of rice, 3-4 tablespoons of corn. It was pathetic.

I was so disappointed and still so very hungry!

Oh well, I could eat more later - it was now 4:30pm and I had a date with a Frozen Princess.

I strolled over to Norway and as I got closer, I thought to myself - hmmm, not too many people in line - I wonder what the stand by wait time is?

I pulled out my phone to check and - YUP! Frozen was DOWN - I noticed then that my LL had converted to an anytime pass for that evening.

OK, plan B - let's go see Donald.

I turned around and hightailed it back to Mexico to try to beat the increasing crowds of disappointed youngsters and their families who had, like me, just shown up to redeem their Lightning Lanes.

I made it back to the Pyramid quite quickly and took the correct ramp (LEFT; even tho the sign says to go right) down to the attraction.
EvGmkcLThl2q21jukR9DmAQYA5nOh56T_zVjxPTWAApb-FNJVCGpVlndn7MGd1dAeTVM2Hbe-GOnfCnH3_RPYp4ZTIgBYDJpPIgos27IWQQLxLZmCFsFcc7jV7tfNYsbf28V23t0ZHoeMby-6A
0qxA3bXgp7slUBlM2XCIOKkN7JWtMSW8GqIGL8CgsCvfC5VvkFXrkftkEut7PmIYn7EKzsw228w-oJHLXgwZLcWvyom7t8kZRhuCL7sc3GcnSeCEJOshWc0kHQHbJXw5t5NvJzzxETLH_DzApw

I was on my boat by 4:36 and had a lovely ride through the different parts of Mexico. I was very happy to see that Donald was no longer a plant.

Boat ride done and I was off and out of the pyramid by 4;48pm.

I decided to go see if Elsa was entertaining guests yet… no such luck - the castle was still closed to visitors. Boo…..

At this point I decided to venture over and check out the other side of the previously named Future World.

YP4WrIpF7_LKyqDH_acwA66GLcqAIc2mlLAUUBhTEUUeGN4ILW1WvZDTBrDt9l8afsKd0e3pEpwNzL9IOWr3c6UtLu77BJMg_K0zcG3jB75JRIWEWpkKyp6zJNj0Noqhj2MG22qbKJ7rdWHMCw
8QL0TB60pIh9_wbluxbcSlq1zaRd9-BNWYkahFH-tRPk9KzuUggbKMwJfrjZBzkN_x_P_Xs1qo6k-LEfiHzM3O_qGezIzm4-8Flvl0PQ60IaxcyYE8yAIFYkogSTmx1PeZb_NJ8yZvtaHMA9IA

I snapped a few a few flowery pics as I wandered

And then decided to visit my old buddy Figment.

It’s a rule in my family - you have to visit Figment at least once, if only to say hello to my favourite Inventors

9AIh5ZZ5fhdKyb5q-55_HDebd_Wki0SWWk60LszGOetJSrhf82nNzYlKCDot6c_3svrJQBq9h5c1AjVkVhTkxMLHt2Jkdr_zj09KUSwt4y1YxvdZzARtxIq7dSt9J6wodSPB0qoViwo19sbQ-w
8Ay_HwllIA0M-bhY-VMlczMQnafWa5E0lCq5FypBWe4QuOW6SDe0ILp7pNDVQ9MD8H2S03FcBGhq5wWS71TNKfNL3CZAlbMgLIs8sAsTEwnEOHGJnxcogtGWohmILDA6Ggbm4LltgJW-yZHt4Q

As per usual, it was a total walk on and I was lucky enough to get the front car!

ycehrHXEkkIQEtI3IKJYwR5xeofrXDvfnyneHNmeP73CX6UO68HarhZix6sT95PGGwAsMG7LE9CZlEtjUpkO7Y_7syFN6PHVb7unpc98C1SrYSyA4RJSRdjtRIvltDuP-RWzokUepLpwChQGmw

I started my journey into Imagination at exactly 5pm

I remembered to plug my nose for the skunk scene

-ZgtYi_fgrC_C0QDgDbK772KjkY7JkmdEckOKT0EYNgiIiQPDKh5lPCWTmSvH-pEyxboI-KqBSSnU26983k0aHdGPm1kpyTLtlVdy-1-i2kuJIJTJSul9ZmTSDDB_mR2FEevR8yg0RTo28qRfg

I was off my ride through the Imagination Institution by 5:06 and was heading into the Land pavilion by 5:10.

JOS-7FTVmCg4TKL7OciofwBkYzn1sgDTS5eFehBiWypLv67yesZb3UguahGZcjFjMFh_qVmiwlm1TOSYRFP9nzDbQZz4gy3hyQLAtCLtnXS2_vApTrlwEYjuU3qajnv5kVRIK_7AeWqfn5W7-A

I had a LL for 4:45-5:45 and I tapped in at 5:14

IiwYur5g1rdQpTsvOmgzkFe7Qfj_6CIYd8Mr9k74PlHlLSfe1blP3-3dl4QihLDBLwSy9boXXkWAFwKYZ_7u_Aw_UTe2f0Eg-LAj8p6_sfTDfruloVdXPYx2ULw9Si6hKS2ekzRvTfAJT1R-Fw

It was a bit of a wait down the long boring hallway but worth it as I was assigned B1!!!

Side note: Does anybody else find it stressful when people don’t stand right on the little hang glider markers on the floor?

I wish people would just follow the rules.

I was finally saying hello to Patrick at 5:24

OnDh6ckP-EVMOQtou1eeVqfZscT3yFkNgSOd1UZCcFKDZCv0j-WTWQGVY7LF2LSDfwPZF4fRN6HGBoQZQowh6d2xX6045Av38iI4Dmn-6lKqynPoZTECsgZvPUCIkRXwoa98S4DPwu7AeE4jBA

And in my hang glider at 5:27.

I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!

It gets me everytime!

I think my favourite scene this time was Fiji - I just can’t get enough of that smell!

Did the long walk back to the main pavilion and walked straight onto Living With The Land at 5:39pm.

17LOb5-iGvR9r6lPDlB8rhIjpOqdtwGZ0vozhItUalqDKNbKgsRzX-j5Gf8bzXPMPLJc1Y6SLO1u5L89TK8kju3umhM9zkRpiI1cCkmv25O-Ye-tazGuKA_3cx8G4UsF0KJPd0XcigwW1RGnhQ
DWGBMKgZHSNOmB55JKJIbJl21PdfCSberHYfcwdANDiYrw68A0Tu6Dscft7ZXHD5l9iZRUYQzGsZnShvMpijFGvXz18cdkfo8IZud1Io4sEayRgLlv-SZZjyz9jzterk--CjZh61xjaYjT8wFA

Such a lovely ride - always love to see that Mickey lettuce!

As I was disembarking from my boat I received an email from Walmart that my groceries had been delivered to my report.

Great!

Only 5 hours late.

I stopped into Sunshine Seasons to fill my water bottle and then I decided that I was ready to head to MAgic Kingdom.

I had been able to get a couple of LL’s for Magic Kingdom.

cHAFJo4jRvgXEFj8Q_XdO5S5mInczOPSVzPaK5KMnDygzug4TLbslWH0YFo8J3qD2rPJgBPy-FZ0P37QB__Deu6mLeaoqqQPtW4oluyvGLBvDSF_3f1_FAq0XKDuXEj42KxaG8RTtVhnp84Z2A

I was off to see my favourite Bear and my favourite Pirate!

But you’re probably saying to yourself - WAIT?! You didn’t ride Frozen!!

You are correct!

I did stop by a Blue Umbrella to ask the fine folks there a very important question.

Since Frozen was STILL down and I was planning to leave the park and head to MK, would I be able to use my anytime LL over there?

Their Answer?

“Probably not, but you can always ask when you get there.”

Okie Dokie then.

Thanks for your help?!

(Spoiler alert: I never did check in with Guest Services at MK to see about changing the LL)

So I headed towards the park exit and to the Monorail station to have my first monorail ride over to the TTC.

I got to ride Monorail Blue!!

9PS5-KpQGFASDq1nNFkR3Zr1NjjrTusXl_HBYfSL-pJEPN0Vdrf65YXlLPfSD7o5QBVQR-ThoUewEho6Xvzq1y4NMzc9Cqe1rD6mbBckwE6wVE4xLN9g0N61Is66ciUZ1LwlSpjeivI1s6DnqA

From the TTC to MK I rode Monorail Silver

I disembarked my monorail at MK at 6:45, quickly scanned in and strolled none too leisurely up Main St and around the corner into Tomorrowland before hanging a quick left into Fantasyland. My LL for Pooh was from 6:15-7:15 so I was in a bit of a rush. I arrived at Pooh’s house at exactly 7pm.

-bUPTmiXBQt4RM84z961zuIDCd1ho4xrF94Jz4Pj4Ey99ATiWe_w_yoeaRwTkidnJGFBqZIhYbTdKy4Hr71jd93rETMSLE_tcla1dfCHmLvtCxcInxdbb1qGc3c1Y1nueE7Rs_UxndWIiXvk2w

I enjoyed my time in the 100 acre woods and then wandered back down towards the hub to do some Photopass pictures.

eEQx3ds6vq3KlQl0NrMBcrL_loxxOjqaRD0YHZJp3M_ODiasmKXkgMoevKe1U4YMSY_AmnAzpkOPBu7HJ1hxWI7RyZVAXn1Z1D0RBq-f4OzfB-x-Qq8Nu3VGBcipZ0MAlgSaryByt-_EpHCicw

I soon realized that I had a rumbly in my tumbly and decided to go and get some Allergy Friendly chicken strips from Columbia Harbour House.

I wasn’t too sure about how to use Mobile order with my food allergies just yet so I made the decision to stand in the line to place my order.

While I was waiting I took some time and figured out how to use Mobile Order.

I finally got my kids meal of Allergy Friendly chicken strips, french fries and apple juice.

DRtr-yd2oNpUcXnZhJv-1skpk-67j4-J4tcuQcgCv_4KJz6RUPOljoVHNrI6t_pQVWubtr7GPTwsRQh94u6SiP10SILKACf4RcFUNoxaBFlx1KdJ-GkwCIHhjT6ujIIP8DuilhA04IviIheYpw

Mmmmmm, that hit the spot!

Seriously tho - a kids meal had 2x as much food and was half the price of that pitiful meal I had in the Cantina at Mexico.

It was now nearing 8pm and I was running on fumes.

I had been up and active for nearly 17 hours on very little sleep.

I was about ready to call it quits when I remembered that I had a LL for Pirates!!

Well, I had to go see my favourite Pirate - RED!!!

qcjWG-avz9Rp1C0tif4Vs3-ZU-DrWYQ0FCSGA8ueHFBLzfaYQ4oraFsaUXJWd2P43J_Qt5aY9R34wxb-jY_GAl6oeSDwWajzy3KKsgmfHjg2FRLhMuDBhbjbUjXcQs6ZzC14D4X-VNEP6_N6ow

I tapped in at 8:03 and was on my pirate ship at 8:13.

Such a GREAT ride!

By this pintm I was absolutely tuckered out so I decided to head back to POP to get myself ready for bed.

I enjoyed my journey back down Main St and waved at the lovely attendants at the gate with promises to “See You Real Soon” and steeled myself for the long walk to the farthest end of the bus area to catch the bus back to POP.

Well, surprise, surprise!!

I was positively thrilled to see a wonderful change on the Bus board that the line for POP is now located at #26!!
WTV5Yg9Jd74rA9GxS2swDIKgSI6cgU3b3QKnpTA5fQ4DTe67SIhikZVbZQuFEIn7pR3NJfUlIPhCmJCAIIA8Ox3o5D4zNiIbAyHISTm4q91OxdLYQ_MMKUs2aX_RpcJnaroyhBaMNaEbB_9EBA

A bus was already waiting at the stop as I walked up - honestly - I had the best bus luck on this trip!

I was on the bus at 8:36 and it left at 8:37.

I was back at POP by 8:53.

I stopped in at Bell Services to pick up my groceries and the sweetest Cast Member Jean helped me back to my room with them.

He was so kind and helpful.

I thanked him profusely and gave him a tip.

I was in my room putting away my groceries and getting ready for bed by 9:10.

I quickly got my groceries organized, packed my park bag for the next morning, had a quick shower, brushed my teeth and was in bed by 9:35pm

Pretty sure I was out cold before my head even hit the pillow.

Here is a shot of step count for the day

rl4X3u7apcCgV6gDJM1z3MSJkUfzb5bUYmfRugHAMWrovnKlAT1jHZuu1EDexQibyyXCuuPXvPQ08wHf8ObQ8rlqt3xnhOyMiV9c9HlzC9BK1r5Y6ZqT2CjG7DsUa9NKntI6QqP7_QqMMIZCPQ

What an AMAZING DAY - even if I didn’t get to ride Frozen!

NEXT UP - An accidental 3 park day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter