Please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I'm sorry to hear this. What a bummer :/

Secondly, definitely see your doctor for advice on how to handle this. No one here can really give you the advice you need because it's really not a Disney related question. So, any advice you get here is as good as a random person on the street. Also, make sure when you do your research, you stick to sites like MedlinePlus, CDC and MayoClinic.

That being said, my guess is you would need to (and want to) keep all lesions covered throughout your trip.

Good luck!

First, I'm sorry to hear this. What a bummer :/

Secondly, definitely see your doctor for advice on how to handle this. No one here can really give you the advice you need because it's really not a Disney related question. So, any advice you get here is as good as a random person on the street. Also, make sure when you do your research, you stick to sites like MedlinePlus, CDC and MayoClinic.

That being said, my guess is you would need to (and want to) keep all lesions covered throughout your trip.

Good luck!

Thank you!!

Actually, you're right. I don't know why my default was to come to the Disboards, LOL. You guys have been too helpful in the past. Now when I have an issue related to WDW in any way, instinct draws me here. :p I've been killing the rash with tea tree essential oil and coconut oil. It seems to be getting less pronounced, but I'll see a doctor asap, just to be safe. Thanks again for such sound advice. :-)

Thank you!!

Actually, you're right. I don't know why my default was to come to the Disboards, LOL. You guys have been too helpful in the past. Now when I have an issue related to WDW in any way, instinct draws me here. :p I've been killing the rash with tea tree essential oil and coconut oil. It seems to be getting less pronounced, but I'll see a doctor asap, just to be safe. Thanks again for such sound advice. :-)
No, no. My intent wasn't to criticize you, I just want to make sure you get the best advice possible, which I was just warning that this may not be your best bet for that. Keep at those oils, they can work wonders (though your doctor may tell you they won't work :P). But who knows, if it's early enough maybe you can thwart it with the oils and prescription cream.

I would go to the doctor and get started on treatment.
Unless the doctor advises otherwise, I would put a large bandage over the ringworm.

've been killing the rash with tea tree essential oil and coconut oil. It seems to be getting less pronounced, but I'll see a doctor asap, just to be safe.

PLEASE go see a Dr.! Essential oils are OK for spas, but they won't treat, cure, or improve any real physical ailment especially a fungal infection. Trust me, go get some anti-fungal cream and you'll be good to go by the time you hit the parks. Have a great time!

Thank you!!

I know people think coconut oil and essential oils can cure everything, but they can't. See the doctor and get an antifungal if it is in fact ringworm.

I know people think coconut oil and essential oils can cure everything, but they can't. See the doctor and get an antifungal if it is in fact ringworm.
I'm not an anti-vaxer nor am I against modern medicine (by any stretch). But essential oils and other homeopathic remedies CAN alleviate symptoms, speed up recovery time and even potentially thwart a major case of a condition (if remedied early enough); when used in conjunction with a scheduled prescription and licensed medical care. It is not a magic bullet and nor should it be used on its own with a serious condition but to say it does nothing but smell good is completely false and is not even really medically controversial. Though, I'm not sure if that is what you are implying. But that's just one of those talking points people latch onto and then just repeat.

PLEASE go see a Dr.! Essential oils are OK for spas, but they won't treat, cure, or improve any real physical ailment especially a fungal infection. Trust me, go get some anti-fungal cream and you'll be good to go by the time you hit the parks. Have a great time!

At the time of posting, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see a doctor, so I wanted some remedy to try and nip the problem in the bud. I didn't want to go straight to an anti-fungal in case it wasn't ringworm, so I figured tea tree and coconut oil would be a safe holistic treatment till I could get medical confirmation. If anything, it'd act as a moisturizer with anti-fungal properties.

Thank you for the concern! By the time I got to the doctor, the rash was on its way to healing (less red and angry). So, either it was just me overreacting or it was something more insidious that I managed to nip in the bud. Either way, I was given the all clear!

Again, just false. Oregano oil and tea tree oil have proven anti fungal characteristics that can can help ringworm, athlete's foot, etc. Especially if used early. If not used early enough, it can speed up recovery time and decrease discomfort level when used in conjunction with prescription medicine. There are actual medical studies that either prove or suggest this. Your blatant claim that they won't "they won't treat, cure, or improve any real physical ailment" is false and irresponsible and this is exactly what I meant to OP when I said to not come here for advice because people don't know what they are talking about.

2017 Study: "The antifungal, antitoxic and antibiofilm properties of the essential oils can serve as a bridge between their traditional uses and their rational utilization in complementary practices."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5748643/

Before you post so confidently, you should be sure you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
It's really not a big deal. The same happened to me several years ago. I had a quarter sized ringworm lesion on my forearm right before a WdW trip. Put the antifungal cream on twice a day and just covered itwith a bandaid. No big deal. It was gone in less than 2 weeks.

Your thread title is needlessly overdramatic. No one is going to notice or care.

My DS got ringworm during wrestling. Not allowed to wrestle for 1 week. Was tested at Dr to confirm drug they put him on would kill his strain. I don't remember which drug but it did work.

I'm battling a toenail fungus now & ALL the OTC claim they work & all have a different active ingredient. I've had great success using 3 different ones in rotation, surely one of them will work & maybe all of them do work. I only know its much better. There's also antifungal OTC sprays that I use in my shoes, because, like the OP, I can't leave it exposed all the time.

The goal is dry & not allowed to fester & grow. So, I'd opt for an antifungal spray on a gauze wrap & change the dressing once during the day & off completely at night. In addition to other remedies prescribed by the doc. Just pre-spray some gauze in the room & place in a baggie to take into park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter