Please comment on my PS schedule

maggiew

DIS Veteran
I have to make my PSs in a few days and I would like some comments about what I have planned. We are going back to a few old favorites and trying a few new places too. I have left some openings for counter service or whatever strikes our fancy.

Me, DH, DD12, DD9
Staying at Pop. Aug. 7 - 16

Sat. Aug. 7 - Check in day. No parks
Dinner at Pop Food Court

Sun. Aug. 8 - MK EE then hop to Epcot
Crystal Palace late breakfast
Tempura Kiko late lunch (NEW)

Mon. Aug. 9 MGM
Sci Fi Lunch

Tues. Aug. 10 MK (Our Anniversary - lucky 13)
Cinderella Table Late Lunch
California Grill Dinner (maybe for Wishes) (NEW)

Wed. Aug. 11 Blizzard Beach
Chef Mickeys breakfast - then head to Blizzard Beach
Pepper Market dinner after BB
Maybe Disney Quest in the Evening

Thurs. Aug. 12 AK, then DTD
Rainforest Cafe Lunch
Grosvenor Dinner (I have a 50% coupon from restaurant.com) (NEW)

Fri. Aug. 13!!! Typhoon Lagoon then MK
Dinner Whispering Canyon Cafe

Sat. Aug. 14 EPCOT
Princess Breakfast
Ice Cream Social for afternoon snack

Sun. Aug. 15 MK EE then hop to EPCOT
Alfredos Lunch (NEW)
Beaches and Cream Dinner

So, what do you think? I really want to fit in Crystal Palace Breakfast, Princess Breakfast and Chef Mickeys (Breakfast or dinner) for the nice mix of characters. This will allow us to see all the main ones and we won't have to search for autographs.

Maggie

Looks good to me. The only two changes I would make would be to move (or add) a PS to dinner on the first night and to switch Saturday (14th) and Sunday. If you moved WCC to Saturday(7th), you could get a glimpse of the parks on your first day. Then on Friday you wouldn't have to waste an hour travelling between WL and MK. If you switch Saturday and Sunday, then on Saturday whenever you are done with Epcot you can head over to the Boardwalk and B&C. This would break up the day so that you aren't spending the entire day there.

Your trip is long enough that I don't think the 3 character breakfasts are a problem, especially the way you worked them in. DW & I worked in 3 character breakfasts into 6 mornings ourselves.

-Josh

On your arrival night, why not have dinner at Chef Mickey's so that your children can see the characters the first night. (It is wonderful not to have to "look" for them the morning of your first day in the parks---you can immediately start touring!) Kids also love riding the monorail around the resorts---a free activity the first night!

I'd also take out a character meal before you head to the water park---get something light in the food court. You will probably need a snack at the water park also.

Have fun..looks like you have enjoyed planning your trip!

Sounds great! I like the idea of getting to see all the major characters without have to search them out in the parks. ;)

I agree with CTrumble. If you are arriving early enough, I would opt to go out for a sit down dinner at either DTD, the BW or another resort restuarant, instead of eating at the food court. If you are arriving late, the food court would probably be your best bet though.

Also, I would change Cinderellas on the anniversary day, to either a late breakfast or early lunch, even if it means changing the restaurant. I know if I were going for a special meal at a place like California Grill, I would want to be very hungry to enjoy it and after having a late lunch I wouldnt be. Id spread those meals out a little more.

Other than that your meals, and your trip, sound great to me! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter