Please critique my sea world week!

annabug

Mamabug
Hi Everyone!

Our trip is getting closer, and I am undecided how exactly to plan out our days/parks.

We will arrive in Orlando on Sat. April 19 (the day before Easter Sunday)

Saturday: Get in around 1p. Pick up rental car, check in to resort, get settled, hit the nearest grocery store (suggestions for grocery stop welcome please!!)

Should we head to sea world late afternoon for a tiny bit, or just hang by the pool?

Sunday: Attend 7:30 service at nearby church. researched and found one nearby
Now here is my dilemma.......what park to go to Easter Sunday?? Will Seaworld be crazy crowded? I was thinking of doing Aquatica this day.

Monday: SW. or Aquatica if we don't go Sunday

Tuesday: DTD, dine at T REX

Wednesday: DC, whoohoo!:cool1:

Thursday:?SW

Friday:?

We want to include Dine with Shamu during one our SW days.

Any advice on what park and when would be appreciated! trying to spend a few days at SW, and one at Aquatica.

Also if you have been to any other attractions in Orlando, please advise!

TIA Annabug!

annabug, have you checked out the "Busy Day Guide" for April on the Dibb? I like it because it includes all the parks in Orlando (not just Disney)...so it might be helpful for you in planning your week:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/busy-day-guide.php?hours=04+2014

I think its going to be busy just about anywhere you go on Easter weekend.....but you are staying at a SW hotel, right? That means you will have free Quick Queue, so that will be a BIG help.

As for other attractions we have visited in Orlando.....(aside from the Disney, Universal and SeaWorld parks)......let me see, there's:

Downtown Disney
CityWalk
Showcase of Citrus
Gatorland
Wild Willy’s Airboats
Titanic: The Experience
Outta Control Dinner Show
ICE! at Gaylord Palms
Cocoa Beach
Gator Golf
Volcano Island Mini Golf
Hawaiian Rumble Mini Golf
Pirates Cove Mini Golf
Congo River Mini Golf (both the I-Drive & Kissimmee locations)
Mighty Jungle Mini Golf
Kissimmee Go-Karts
Orlando Magic Game (Amway Center)

If shopping also counts as an attraction, we've also been to:

Premium Outlets (Vineland)
Premium Outlets (International Dr.)
Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets
Florida Mall
Nike Clearance Store & Nike Outlet

Highly, highly recommend the air boat ride if you were going to pick from any of the list above. Gatorland and Showcase of Citrus (monster truck ride through an orange grove) would be my second choices.

Hi Everyone!

Our trip is getting closer, and I am undecided how exactly to plan out our days/parks.

We will arrive in Orlando on Sat. April 19 (the day before Easter Sunday)

Saturday: Get in around 1p. Pick up rental car, check in to resort, get settled, hit the nearest grocery store (suggestions for grocery stop welcome please!!)

Should we head to sea world late afternoon for a tiny bit, or just hang by the pool?

Sunday: Attend 7:30 service at nearby church. researched and found one nearby
Now here is my dilemma.......what park to go to Easter Sunday?? Will Seaworld be crazy crowded? I was thinking of doing Aquatica this day.

Monday: SW. or Aquatica if we don't go Sunday

Tuesday: DTD, dine at T REX

Wednesday: DC, whoohoo!:cool1:

Thursday:?SW

Friday:?

We want to include Dine with Shamu during one our SW days.

Any advice on what park and when would be appreciated! trying to spend a few days at SW, and one at Aquatica.

Also if you have been to any other attractions in Orlando, please advise!

TIA Annabug!

That's a lot of time for Sea World

Unless you're going to SW for the rides, evening is typically a bad time to see the animals. They tend to get lazy and sleepy around 3-4 PM, they're much more active first thing in the morning. If it won't take up a day of your passes you could use another time, you may as well go. At the least you can get your shopping out of the way. :rotfl2:

As for grocery stores, where are you staying? I'm partial to Publix, but that's because their bakery is like crack to me.

I second GatorLand! Our family enjoyed our 2007 visit there tremendously & look forward to visiting again.

I know it isn't in Orlando, but Busch Gardens is fun. They have a free bus from Orlando and you can add the ticket to the DC/SW ticket for cheap.

You didn't say if you have kids going with you, and if so, their ages. I always like to have some fun as soon as possible when we travel, so if your kids are looking to hit the coasters at SW, I'd head there for a few hours on your arrival day to ride the two coasters, Atlantis, and maybe Empire of the Penguin.

We spent 1.5 days at Sea World and found that was plenty for us. We took a day off from the big parks and went to Fun Spot, which turned out to be one of the highlights of our 9 days in Orlando. SO MUCH FUN. So much so, in fact, that on our trip in May, my 13 year old daughter can't make up her mind if she wants to do Sea World and Aquatica or skip those and do both Fun Spot locations!!! If your kids are old enough for go karts, carnival rides, and some small but fun coasters, it's a GREAT and inexpensive day.

Thank you one and all for your suggestions!!!!!! much appreciated!!

Im thinking maybe we should try the airboat?

I have 2 small children who aren't very adventurous

They will be 9 and 5

Is there an orange grove we can visit and pick from? We are going in april.

my kids won't like the monster truck part...

I planned on doing the park in the morning, then heading back to resort to relax eat and swim

maybe see a movie, go to outlets?

unlike when we are at disney its go go go all the time.

i hope this will be a more laid back vacay!

annabug

Thank you one and all for your suggestions!!!!!! much appreciated!!

Im thinking maybe we should try the airboat?

I have 2 small children who aren't very adventurous

They will be 9 and 5

Is there an orange grove we can visit and pick from? We are going in april.

my kids won't like the monster truck part...

I planned on doing the park in the morning, then heading back to resort to relax eat and swim

maybe see a movie, go to outlets?

unlike when we are at disney its go go go all the time.

i hope this will be a more laid back vacay!

annabug

I'm not very adventurous either (I'm a big chicken, actually ;)), but I really enjoyed the airboat. Its loud and sometimes fast, but you are given ear protection to wear (assuming you go with Wild Willy's) and the seating is such that Mom can keep one little trooper on each side to wrap her arms around if anyone gets nervous :thumbsup2 . Just wear something warm....because it can get really, really chilly out there on the swamp!

You can definitely visit Showcase of Citrus and not do the monster truck. You can pick your own citrus, visit the petting zoo, do some catch-and-release fishing (not sure if you have to bring your own pole or if they have some to lend out), enjoy a slushie at the store, etc.

Have you maybe checked into the Fun Spot parks as well? Or Old Town? They might offer your kiddos a fun half-day too.

Are the kids boys? Or are they girls? Weeki Wachee is about an hour and a half away from Orlando, and if you have girls they will be *FASCINATED* by the real mermaids. Not just Ariel sitting on an oyster shell throne flipping her tail around, I mean real women swimming around underwater with tails. They do a presentation of "The Little Mermaid" every day, and also an "underwater stunt show", for lack of a better way to describe it. Deep diving, eating and drinking underwater, all kinds of crazy stuff that will have the kids picking their jaws up off the floor. Boys like it, too, because there are "princes", but it's really geared more towards the mermaids.

Oh, don't remember if this has been brought up, but Legoland is a fun, non-Disney thing to do, too.

I'm not very adventurous either (I'm a big chicken, actually ;)), but I really enjoyed the airboat. Its loud and sometimes fast, but you are given ear protection to wear (assuming you go with Wild Willy's) and the seating is such that Mom can keep one little trooper on each side to wrap her arms around if anyone gets nervous :thumbsup2 . Just wear something warm....because it can get really, really chilly out there on the swamp!

You can definitely visit Showcase of Citrus and not do the monster truck. You can pick your own citrus, visit the petting zoo, do some catch-and-release fishing (not sure if you have to bring your own pole or if they have some to lend out), enjoy a slushie at the store, etc.

Have you maybe checked into the Fun Spot parks as well? Or Old Town? They might offer your kiddos a fun half-day too.

Hi Gina:cheer2: I ended up booking an air boat . I went with spirit of the swamp tours, they had the day and time I wanted. We will go late morning, and then head over to DTD for some shopping and an early dinner at T rex! TY for your suggestions!

Are the kids boys? Or are they girls? Weeki Wachee is about an hour and a half away from Orlando, and if you have girls they will be *FASCINATED* by the real mermaids. Not just Ariel sitting on an oyster shell throne flipping her tail around, I mean real women swimming around underwater with tails. They do a presentation of "The Little Mermaid" every day, and also an "underwater stunt show", for lack of a better way to describe it. Deep diving, eating and drinking underwater, all kinds of crazy stuff that will have the kids picking their jaws up off the floor. Boys like it, too, because there are "princes", but it's really geared more towards the mermaids.

Oh, don't remember if this has been brought up, but Legoland is a fun, non-Disney thing to do, too.

We have a girl and a boy! LOL so I am trying to be sure to cover all bases! that mermaid venue sounds amazing!! I will check it out, along with Lego land. Although, all of these places add up, and its getting expensive!!! Maybe they will be happy just gong to the lego store at DTD!
TY for your suggestions!!

Hi Gina:cheer2: I ended up booking an air boat . I went with spirit of the swamp tours, they had the day and time I wanted. We will go late morning, and then head over to DTD for some shopping and an early dinner at T rex! TY for your suggestions!

Woohoo! That's going to be an awesome addition to your trip! :thumbsup2

Although, all of these places add up, and its getting expensive!!! Maybe they will be happy just gong to the lego store at DTD!

You know, in them middle of a hectic theme park vacation, sometimes those kinds of little experiences make some of the nicest memories. Not rushed, not crowded, just simple fun :) . A nice balance from the go-go-go schedule of a park day.

I can't believe how close your travel dates are! Have I mentioned lately how jealous I am? ;)

Woohoo! That's going to be an awesome addition to your trip! :thumbsup2

You know, in them middle of a hectic theme park vacation, sometimes those kinds of little experiences make some of the nicest memories. Not rushed, not crowded, just simple fun :) . A nice balance from the go-go-go schedule of a park day.

I can't believe how close your travel dates are! Have I mentioned lately how jealous I am? ;)

So true! Yes, Im sure you are jealous!;) and i will be when you go! I hope to write a small trip report when we get back. Ive never done it before, but Im gonna try!

We have a girl and a boy! LOL so I am trying to be sure to cover all bases! that mermaid venue sounds amazing!! I will check it out, along with Lego land. Although, all of these places add up, and its getting expensive!!! Maybe they will be happy just gong to the lego store at DTD!

Weeki Wachee is really cheap, actually.

Adult: $13.00
Child (Ages 6 - 12): $8.00
Children 5 and under: FREE

That includes the springs, the mermaid shows, reptile shows, river boat rides, and access to the Buccaneer Bay's water rides (lazy river, flume rides, kids area). So if you have a rental car, this would be a fairly cheap option. It's not a go-go-go type place, there's not a *TON* of stuff to see, so you can take your time and not worry about cramming everything in.

Oooo...the airboat ride is cool and exciting! :)

We have a laid back day at Wekiwa State Park. I think parking was $7, but it may be $8. It's up by Altamonte Springs and it's very nice. The spring fed swimming pond is something like 72F all year long and it's like swimming in a big, clear aquarium as there are all sorts of teeny fishys swimming with you. Trails and grills and cooling trees, we love it.
The foliage is so different from up here by Lake Erie, we love to explore the trails.

If you ever need a beach , Ft Desoto over by the Gulf Coast, by Tampa is a very nice place.

:wizard:
Have fun,
Holly

How much time do people recommend spending at SW and Aquatica? We are going in late August with a 9yo (girl) and 7yo (boy).

I was thinking SW for 1 full day and possibly the afternoon we get in. Then Aquatica 1 full day. We have one day that we could go to either one - depending which one the kids want. Just wondering if 1 full day of each will end up being enough for them or if 2 days at one of the parks will be needed. (We are doing DC, so we have the passes.)

How much time do people recommend spending at SW and Aquatica? We are going in late August with a 9yo (girl) and 7yo (boy). I was thinking SW for 1 full day and possibly the afternoon we get in. Then Aquatica 1 full day. We have one day that we could go to either one - depending which one the kids want. Just wondering if 1 full day of each will end up being enough for them or if 2 days at one of the parks will be needed. (We are doing DC, so we have the passes.)
We are planning to spend two days at sea world, two days at Busch Gardens, and 1 to 2 days at aquatica. We are going in May for a two week span and will spread it out.

How much time do people recommend spending at SW and Aquatica? We are going in late August with a 9yo (girl) and 7yo (boy).

I was thinking SW for 1 full day and possibly the afternoon we get in. Then Aquatica 1 full day. We have one day that we could go to either one - depending which one the kids want. Just wondering if 1 full day of each will end up being enough for them or if 2 days at one of the parks will be needed. (We are doing DC, so we have the passes.)

It really depends on the kids and what you guys want to do. If the kids are fascinated by critters, plan on spending extra time at Sea World. If they really don't care to just watch stuff, they want rides, spend the extra time at Aquatica. Personally, I can easily spend an entire day doing nothing but sitting at the animal exhibits if I don't feel like riding anything. I've been known to sit at the underwater viewing area of Dolphin Cove for an hour at a time, just watching and listening.

We love both SW and Aquatica, so if you have the time in the itinerary to do so, I'd allocate two days to both parks (or at least 1.5 days each).

I think there's plenty to do and see at SW for two days (and then you can take things at a leisurely pace, which in August will be essential with the heat and humidity), and Aquatica is such a hoot (if you have never experienced Roa's Rapids, let me tell you ..... you will find that you could spend the whole day in there alone!) that your kiddos may want to go back just to cool off and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter