Please critique my sea world week!

UPDATE!!! WHOOHOOO only 3 more weeks to go!!

We were able to book Dine with Shamu on EASTER sunday!! Dreams do come true!!

We plan on going to Aquatica first thing on Easter morning then head over to SW for our dining with SHAMU!!

I wonder what time we need to get to SW for this??...anyway...

We also decided to spend our last 2 days of the week at WDW!!!1:cool1:

It was a very very last minute decision, but we are going for it. I am hoping crowds will be a little lighter towards the end of the week, either way, who cares!!!

We decided on a 2 day base ticket, and will spend one full day at MK and one full day at Epcot.

I even snagged a BOG dinner reservation, go figure......

This is our first time staying off site, so FP will be a ;little bit of a nightmare, but we aren't worried, we can always go back...

I wondering while staying off site if it makes any sense at all to go back to our room at the RESIDENCE inn and take a pool/lunch break.

Im afraid it may take too much time and effort. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Annabug

UPDATE!!! WHOOHOOO only 3 more weeks to go!!

We were able to book Dine with Shamu on EASTER sunday!! Dreams do come true!!

We decided on a 2 day base ticket, and will spend one full day at MK and one full day at Epcot.

I wondering while staying off site if it makes any sense at all to go back to our room at the RESIDENCE inn and take a pool/lunch break.

Im afraid it may take too much time and effort. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Annabug

Hey annabug :goodvibes ,

Yay for Dine with Shamu!!! :banana: :banana: I think you'll really enjoy it!!

And yay for two days at Disney!!! :yay: What a great addition to your trip!

Staying at the RI SW, I would definitely not bother with a mid-afternoon break at the hotel on your MK day. Getting from the park to the TTC, then getting to your car, then the drive back to the hotel, then doing it all again in reverse will really be a pain. Epcot isn't so far away, so you might be able to work a mid-day break in there, if you need it.

3 weeks to go....wow!!! Time has flown by!

Hey annabug :goodvibes ,

Yay for Dine with Shamu!!! :banana: :banana: I think you'll really enjoy it!!

And yay for two days at Disney!!! :yay: What a great addition to your trip!

Staying at the RI SW, I would definitely not bother with a mid-afternoon break at the hotel on your MK day. Getting from the park to the TTC, then getting to your car, then the drive back to the hotel, then doing it all again in reverse will really be a pain. Epcot isn't so far away, so you might be able to work a mid-day break in there, if you need it.

3 weeks to go....wow!!! Time has flown by!

Yea you are right, it seemed a little ambitious!!
Im think we will just find a spot to relax mid afternoon and stay put.
You mentioned the TTC, not sure what or where that is? We have always stayed on property, never driven our own car! Guess that is where you park??

Yea you are right, it seemed a little ambitious!!
Im think we will just find a spot to relax mid afternoon and stay put.
You mentioned the TTC, not sure what or where that is? We have always stayed on property, never driven our own car! Guess that is where you park??

Yep....its the Ticket & Transportation Center (the parking area for MK).

Weeki Wachee is really cheap, actually.

Adult: $13.00
Child (Ages 6 - 12): $8.00
Children 5 and under: FREE

That includes the springs, the mermaid shows, reptile shows, river boat rides, and access to the Buccaneer Bay's water rides (lazy river, flume rides, kids area). So if you have a rental car, this would be a fairly cheap option. It's not a go-go-go type place, there's not a *TON* of stuff to see, so you can take your time and not worry about cramming everything in.

Thanks so much for posting! I've never heard of this place. It sounds adorable! I think we may need to try it out.

aaah....would love to join this thread, We head to Orlando s few times a year - BUT we always stay away from WDW parks during this April school vacation trip. This our Orlando vacation and since we have SuperGrover passes we take serious advantage of them during this week. I love this trip, because there really is no excessive planning.

To the OP - for years our trips in Orlando were stays on-site at WDW. A few years back we switched to off-site Marriott Time Shares and I love it. Vacation now feels like vacation - more laid back. We have "resort" days that are a blast and we usually end them with a stroll at WDW Boardwalk or a dinner show. (so, we still sneak in a bit of the magic, but not in the parks) honestly, resort days are my dds favorite days of our trips.

This year - the plan so far: SeaWorld, Aquatica, DC (we will be there Wednesday also!) LEGOLAND (dd wants to go) and possibly BGs - but I have been saying BGs for years and we never make it.

If you are at the Residence Inn next to SeaWorld - I probably wouldn't go back to the room and then back to DW. All of the SW parks, sure....technically you could almost walk to all of them!

With all that said, we are breaking the rules this year and heading to MK for Easter! Yep, you guessed it, we snagged BOG ressie and I couldn't give it up. I'm going to hate the crowds - but with a lunch and dinner ADR and I made our Fast Pass+ reservations this morning - it should be manageable.

OP - do you celebrate Easter? If so, what are you going to do for your kids on Sunday? The bunny finding his way to Florida? I'm thinking of bringing some plastic eggs and hiding them around our room. Then doing the basket here so she gets on her return. I really hate dragging more stuff on vacation than I have to.

Sorry - you wanted advice on your trip! Here you go:

Saturday: Get in around 1p. Pick up rental car, check in to resort, get settled, hit the nearest grocery store (suggestions for grocery stop welcome please!!)Should we head to sea world late afternoon for a tiny bit, or just hang by the pool?

I would get settled into the resort. Deal with groceries (or get delivery) uppack, explore what the resort has to offer. If you are at the Residence Inn next to SW, then Publix is your closest choice, there are 2. By the time you are all done with that, it is dinner time. Just plan for dinner. We typically will do a WDW resort dinner/show. If we get in later, it is a bucket of KFC by the pool! I wouldn't go into SW

Sunday: Attend 7:30 service at nearby church. researched and found one nearby
Now here is my dilemma.......what park to go to Easter Sunday?? Will Seaworld be crazy crowded? I was thinking of doing Aquatica this day. I think you will be fine at SW that day - Sw does not get crazy busy like WDW

Monday: SW. or Aquatica if we don't go Sunday Let the weather determine your plan. Aquatica is no fun if cool outside

Tuesday: DTD, dine at T REX

Wednesday: DC, whoohoo!

Thursday:?SW

Friday:?

We want to include Dine with Shamu during one our SW days.

Any advice on what park and when would be appreciated! trying to spend a few days at SW, and one at Aquatica.

Also if you have been to any other attractions in Orlando, please advise! The only thing I will add is Disney Board Walk is a nice evening and one of DD8 favorites also. We go for dinner, rent a surry bike and ride around the area, have an ice cream cone and watch the street performers. Sometimes we even watch the movie they have set up at the Beach Club!

Sorry - you wanted advice on your trip! Here you go:

Saturday: Get in around 1p. Pick up rental car, check in to resort, get settled, hit the nearest grocery store (suggestions for grocery stop welcome please!!)Should we head to sea world late afternoon for a tiny bit, or just hang by the pool?

I would get settled into the resort. Deal with groceries (or get delivery) uppack, explore what the resort has to offer. If you are at the Residence Inn next to SW, then Publix is your closest choice, there are 2. By the time you are all done with that, it is dinner time. Just plan for dinner. We typically will do a WDW resort dinner/show. If we get in later, it is a bucket of KFC by the pool! I wouldn't go into SW

Sunday: Attend 7:30 service at nearby church. researched and found one nearby
Now here is my dilemma.......what park to go to Easter Sunday?? Will Seaworld be crazy crowded? I was thinking of doing Aquatica this day. I think you will be fine at SW that day - Sw does not get crazy busy like WDW

Monday: SW. or Aquatica if we don't go Sunday Let the weather determine your plan. Aquatica is no fun if cool outside

Tuesday: DTD, dine at T REX

Wednesday: DC, whoohoo!

Thursday:?SW

Friday:?

We want to include Dine with Shamu during one our SW days.

Any advice on what park and when would be appreciated! trying to spend a few days at SW, and one at Aquatica.

Also if you have been to any other attractions in Orlando, please advise! The only thing I will add is Disney Board Walk is a nice evening and one of DD8 favorites also. We go for dinner, rent a surry bike and ride around the area, have an ice cream cone and watch the street performers. Sometimes we even watch the movie they have set up at the Beach Club!

Thanks so much for your advice!!

aaah....would love to join this thread, We head to Orlando s few times a year - BUT we always stay away from WDW parks during this April school vacation trip. This our Orlando vacation and since we have SuperGrover passes we take serious advantage of them during this week. I love this trip, because there really is no excessive planning.

To the OP - for years our trips in Orlando were stays on-site at WDW. A few years back we switched to off-site Marriott Time Shares and I love it. Vacation now feels like vacation - more laid back. We have "resort" days that are a blast and we usually end them with a stroll at WDW Boardwalk or a dinner show. (so, we still sneak in a bit of the magic, but not in the parks) honestly, resort days are my dds favorite days of our trips.

This year - the plan so far: SeaWorld, Aquatica, DC (we will be there Wednesday also!) LEGOLAND (dd wants to go) and possibly BGs - but I have been saying BGs for years and we never make it.

If you are at the Residence Inn next to SeaWorld - I probably wouldn't go back to the room and then back to DW. All of the SW parks, sure....technically you could almost walk to all of them!

With all that said, we are breaking the rules this year and heading to MK for Easter! Yep, you guessed it, we snagged BOG ressie and I couldn't give it up. I'm going to hate the crowds - but with a lunch and dinner ADR and I made our Fast Pass+ reservations this morning - it should be manageable.

OP - do you celebrate Easter? If so, what are you going to do for your kids on Sunday? The bunny finding his way to Florida? I'm thinking of bringing some plastic eggs and hiding them around our room. Then doing the basket here so she gets on her return. I really hate dragging more stuff on vacation than I have to.

Yes we do celebrate Easter!! I am sending a box ahead of time to our resort with small easter baskets some little chocolate bunnies, and I found a sea world Barbie for my little girl, and a bucket of sea life and animals for my little guy. I figured they could also play with them at the resort pool!

How funny you will be there wednesday too!! lets all pray for good weather!!

I think I will go to public as you suggested, close buy, and has all the stuff we will need.
I also wanted to pick up a bottle of wine, any advice on where to go??

We decied to goto Aquatica on Easter morning, then take the shuttle over to SW for our dine with shame for Easter dinner.

Hope it all works out!

Still assuming you are at the Residence Inn next to SeaWorld......you can buy wine/beer at Publix. There is also a CVS within walking distance that has beer/wine and even a decent grocery selection.

I was hoping to get DC earlier in our trip in case of weather we had more chances to postpone. But, that was all they had for our membership discounts. So....crossing fingers! If not, I will just push off to our next trip. (guess I should figure out when that will be, just in case!)

My DH thinks I'm crazy for dealing with Easter - but DD is 8 and she still believes. I know it won't last for much longer - so why not. She loves to egg hunt. So, I've been buying small items to stuff in eggs to hide around our villa (candy, puzzle pieces, jacks, stickers, etc) I even called the resort to see if their game room uses tokens - they do, so I will get some of those and stuff those eggs while there. The basket though.....I think I will leave at home so she finds it when she comes home. Guess it will depend on what I have left for space in the luggage.

We have also done Dine with Shamu in the past - loved it both times! Plenty of food and decent also!

Still assuming you are at the Residence Inn next to SeaWorld......you can buy wine/beer at Publix. There is also a CVS within walking distance that has beer/wine and even a decent grocery selection.

I was hoping to get DC earlier in our trip in case of weather we had more chances to postpone. But, that was all they had for our membership discounts. So....crossing fingers! If not, I will just push off to our next trip. (guess I should figure out when that will be, just in case!)

My DH thinks I'm crazy for dealing with Easter - but DD is 8 and she still believes. I know it won't last for much longer - so why not. She loves to egg hunt. So, I've been buying small items to stuff in eggs to hide around our villa (candy, puzzle pieces, jacks, stickers, etc) I even called the resort to see if their game room uses tokens - they do, so I will get some of those and stuff those eggs while there. The basket though.....I think I will leave at home so she finds it when she comes home. Guess it will depend on what I have left for space in the luggage.

We have also done Dine with Shamu in the past - loved it both times! Plenty of food and decent also!

Yes, the residence right next to SW!! Aww i know so sweet they still believe!! enjoy planning it for her!!! Don't worry, Wednesday is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I know Dine with SHamu looks great!! so excited for our kids!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter