Please critique our ADRs

kamikazecat

DIS Veteran
We are doing two weeks of deluxe dining this June and I would love some feedback on our adrs. We are 2 adults and 1 4yo (who does wonderful in sit-down restaurants). We are staying at BLT. Feel free to tear our itinerary apart. :goodvibes

Day 1 (MK)
7:30 AM The Wave
7:55 PM Cali Grill (DS @ Neverland Club)

Day 2 (Epcot)
7:00 AM Chef Mickey's
6:30 PM Le Cellier

Day 3 (HS)
8:00 AM H&V
1:00 PM 50's PTC
8:00 PM Ohanas

Day 4 (MK)
7:30 AM Ohanas
6:15 PM Liberty Tree Tavern

Day 5 (AK/HS)
8:05 Tusker House
4:55 Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package

Day 6 (Epcot)
7:30 AM The Wave
12:00 PM Chefs de France
7:45 PM Narcoossee (DS in Mouseketeer Club)

Day 7 (MK)
8:05 PM CRT
6:30 PM Whispering Canyon Cafe

Day 8 (AK/Epcot)
7:30 AM Boma
12:30 PM Yak and Yeti
7:00 PM Teppan Edo

Day 9 (Epcot/MK)
8:00 AM Akershus
6:00 PM Tony's Town Square

Day 10 (Resort Day)
8:10 AM 1900 Park Fare
1:05 PM Kona
7:55 Yachtsman Steakhouse (DS @ Sandcastle Club)

Day 11 (MK/Epcot)
8:15 AM Crystal Palace
7:00 PM Coral Reef

Day 12 (HS/MK)
7:15 AM Grand Floridian Cafe
2:30 PM Sci-fi
9:30 PM CRT

Day 13 (Epcot/MK)
7:30 AM Kona
12:30 Biergarten
7:00 PM The Wave

I should also mention at this point that we will have a rental car so making the early breakfasts should not be a problem for us. I am also wonder what I can do with DS's 6 extra credits since he will not be with us for the signature dining. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. :goodvibes

Can anyone help me out please. I am nervous as this is our first time with deluxe dining and our second trip to the world. Thanks. :goodvibes

I think you did fine! :goodvibes
We are on the DxDP for the 1st time too. I have 3 ADRs a day except for arrival and departure day. I tried to space them out at least 5-6 hours, some longer apart.

First I would like to say that I am in no way trying to be rude just offering a few suggestions:

One think that I noticed is that you have a few repeats. I understand that you are in the World for quite awhile, but other than repeats in your hotel I dont see why that is needed. There are many wonderful restaurants out there to try.

-You mentioned what to do with you DS extra credits. One idea would be to have a signature family dinner show experience. I reccomend Mickey Backyard BBQ. I know the show is usually done on Thursday evenings. Dont know how that would fit into your ADRS. (takes 2 credits...but great IMO) Why use 2 TS to do CRT twice. Do the breakfast and try the BBQ!

-Also noticed you have booked at almost every TS in DHS. Again IMO totally not needed. DHS prob has the worst TS among all of the parks. Hollywood & Vine is just gross. So why not see if your family can get a lunch at Brown Derby that day. Again 2 TS but you dont really need to do both Hollywood and Vine and 50's especially in the same day. I enjoy 50's PTC much more than Sci Fi. So if you really wanted to do that why not sub it instead of Sci Fi.
-Another idea if you dont want to go with the Brown Derby....since you have a car why not head to Cape May for a nice character breakfast and then keep your 50's PTC.

-Also noticed that you have O'Hana booked for back to back meals. Dinner and then breakfast the next morning. If you were staying at the Poly I would say no big deal but maybe that could be swapped with your Crystal Palace just for the sake of variety.

-Day 6 is going to be an Epcot day anyway...Ever thought of Kouzzina on the Boradwalk for breakfast instead of a second trip to the Wave? Just a short walk to Epcot from there!

-Lastly unless you just want to hang out at your resort on the last night...why not end with a great meal at Artist Point at WL. Again 2 TS but I bet you could tweek one of those lunches out. Maybe the Kona lunch since you are having a buffet breakfast that day. Also Artist Point has lots of kids although it is signature. Nice way to end the trip with your family.

That all being said I like your schedule. Just offering you some suggestions for variety based on why my family likes. Other runners up include Jiko, Rose and Crown, and believe it or not Beaches and Cream. Good Luck and enjoy!

I only have 3 points. The first would be the CRT @9:30 on day 12 best case scenario you will be finished at 10:30 maybe 11:00pm then you have breakfast at 7:30am @Kona and it looks like your son will be at both. That is not a lot of in between time especially near the end of your vacation.

When we did DxDp last year with our 4yo daughter we did more signature dining, (Artist Point and Flying Fish are both very good), than you currently have, and brought her to all the meals (she tuned 4 on our last full day and was too young for the babysitting clubs so we didn't have a choice:rotfl2:, I believe the youngest age is 4). She did very well at the sig. restaurants and you could cut out a couple of the 3 meals a day, they can get a little hectic.

The last is your resort day, why not eat only at BLT/CR that day. It would be even more relaxing if to didn't have to leave your resort. We have a resort day for our April trip and I booked all the ADR's that day at GF so we could spend the day relaxing.

Looks pretty good...it's a lot of eating but some like to do that. I usually only book one TS meal a day, but sometimes two. I know I'm heavy on ADRs for my trip in Aug, but we've been to WDW many, many times, so don't mind spending time in restaurants.
Yes, you have repeats, but they aren't repeats of the same meal, for the most part.
I can't say anything about Hollywood and Vine...but many like it there. But, on the other hand, there is no way I would eat at Brown Derby..there is just nothing to my taste there. But again, that's my taste..others may, and do, vary.

I have friends that always do the deluxe dining plan..they love it and wouldn't do it any other way. So.....stick with what you have, it looks great.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I truly appreciate it. :goodvibes

I would love to ditch Hollywood & Vine but my son loves the Little Einsteins. I am actually hoping this will be the last trip we have to do this at. We did breakfast there last year and found it ok. We all love Sci-fi so that is a must do for us. :lovestruc

I tried to switch the Ohana breakfast with Crystal Palace and could not get desired times. I will keep checking but I think I am stuck there.

Thanks for the suggestion for Artist Point. I tried to sell my hubby on Jiko but he wouldn't budge. He is not very adventurous. :lmao:

Thanks again. If anyone else has any feedback, please keep them coming. :flower3:

I'm with Princess Polamalu about perhaps varying some of your resort restaurants a little bit more, and perhaps doing a signature restaurant with your son. My vote would be Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk. FFC is very kid friendly, plus if you book it on a Thurs, Fri, Sat or Sun, the Boardwalk is hopping with street performers.

The only other thing I want to mention, which I do not know from experience, but just from reading up on it, is that the Mousketeer Club at the GF has gotten TERRIBLE reviews on AllEarsNet.com. Parents have said that it is really small and there is not much offered at all. You might want to consider booking the Neverland Club for a second night. pirate:

Looks good.

We liked Hollywood and Vine for breakfast. Never had a problem there.

DD has stayed at both Neverland Club and Sandcastle Club. She liked Neverland but said Sandcastle was way better. She has already asked me to book her again for our next trip, and she wants to go for more than one night. :thumbsup2 I have read the same reviews on Mousekeeter Club, maybe you can go by and check it out before you leave him.

IF you have any meal credits left over, you can get extra snacks to take home for the resort's food court/quick service. I think it's three snacks per credit. Ask to be sure at the food court.

Day 1 (MK) 7:30 AM The Wave; 7:55 PM Cali Grill (DS @ Neverland Club)

Day 2 (Epcot)7:00 AM Chef Mickey's; 6:30 PM Le Cellier

Day 3 (HS) 8:00 AM H&V; 1:00 PM 50's PTC; 8:00 PM Ohanas

Day 4 (MK) 7:30 AM Ohanas; 6:15 PM Liberty Tree Tavern

Day 5 (AK/HS) 8:05 Tusker House; 4:55 Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package

Day 6 (Epcot) 7:30 AM The Wave; 2:00 PM Chefs de France; 7:45 PM Narcoossee (DS in Mouseketeer Club)

Day 7 (MK) 8:05 PM CRT; 6:30 PM Whispering Canyon Cafe

Day 8 (AK/Epcot) 7:30 AM Boma; 12:30 PM Yak and Yeti; 7:00 PM Teppan Edo

Day 9 (Epcot/MK) 8:00 AM Akershus; 6:00 PM Tony's Town Square

Day 10 (Resort Day)8:10 AM 1900 Park Fare; 1:05 PM Kona; 7:55 Yachtsman Steakhouse (DS @ Sandcastle Club)

Day 11 (MK/Epcot) 8:15 AM Crystal Palace; 7:00 PM Coral Reef

Day 12 (HS/MK) 7:15 AM Grand Floridian Cafe; 2:30 PM Sci-fi; 9:30 PM CRT

Day 13 (Epcot/MK) 7:30 AM Kona; 12:30 Biergarten; 7:00 PM The Wave

My initial thoughts were that this looks great. The only restaurants I did not like were Biergarten (worst meal at WDW), H&V breakfast, and Tony's. We never had CRT for dinner, but the lunch meal there was not good. I read what you said about your son liking Einstein characters - I am so grateful mine have moved forward. You have some great signature dining restaurants on there. As for comments about no repeats, breakfast and dinner meals are different at the same resort, so I think you will enjoy the different experiences as well as character meals at some.

My two cents: I don't park hop, because we lose too much time in transportation. You have some early reservations and late reservations. I can do rope drop to park close, but my dds could not handle both at age 4. I could either do a early morning or a late night, and if we did a late night, could not do an early morning the following day.

I just wanted to second airgoofy's thought about the early mornings/late nights. I have DD6 and DD8, we did deluxe at Christmas and will do it again in October but we never had an early morning and a later dinner in the same day. I would recommend considering "early days" with big bfast, light lunch and early signature dinners or shows and then "late days" with snack bfast in the room and sleeping in, early big lunch and then late dinner/shows/fireworks. We really enjoyed having the nice sit down meals but only planned 2 TS daily so we wouldn't feel so "planned" and we really focused on signatures and shows for dinner with our girls, they loved it and so did we!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter