• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please explain cat 6A 5A B C

moet7

DIS Veteran
hi
Can someone explain the difference in the following category

6A
5A
5B
5C

Thank you

It's mostly differences based on the location of the stateroom on the ship.

For example, I believe the difference between 6A and 5A is that 6A is on a higher deck than a 5A.
The difference in a 6A vs a 6B might be in the style of the veranda (solid railing vs plexiglass).

It's mostly differences based on the location of the stateroom on the ship.

For example, I believe the difference between 6A and 5A is that 6A is on a higher deck than a 5A.
The difference in a 6A vs a 6B might be in the style of the veranda (solid railing vs plexiglass).
A vs B = an A type room would be more midship, while a B type is more forward or aft of midship. And Cs are even more forward/aft or on a lower deck than the A/B types (same category)

On the Fantasy/Dream 6a & 6b have a solid wall verandah that comes up to about shin height. The rest of the wall is plexiglass. The 5 a,b,c have a full plexiglass verandah (all of the rooms cat 6 and 5 are the same size) The 6a on the Magic/Wonder have a full solid wall verandah.

On the Fantasy and Dream a 6A is on deck 8 and has a navigators veranda - solid from floor to railing. The cat 5s have veranda with thick glass of plexiglass from the floor to the railing giving a more open feeling.

Deck Category
10. 5A
9. 5A
8. 5B
7. 5C
6. 5D

On the Fantasy and Dream a 6A is on deck 8 and has a navigators veranda - solid from floor to railing. The cat 5s have veranda with thick glass of plexiglass from the floor to the railing giving a more open feeling.

Deck Category
10. 5A
9. 5A
8. 5B
7. 5C
6. 5D
I believe the Navigator Verandahs on the Dream class only have the solid wall up to about shin-high and plexiglass above to the rail.

From the DCL website:

G04-DDDF-deluxe-oceanview-navigators-verandah-stateroom-cat7A-04.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter