Please explain SoCa City pass

when we used our SoCal CityPass last year, the turnstile person at DLR directed me to the ticket booth to exchange for the actual three day ticket.

**WARNING** Do NOT remove passes from the booklet - they must be presented in the book to be valid (you can't split the passes and half the family goes to SeaWorld while the other half goes to San Diego Zoo for instance. I pulled the ticket out of the book in front of the ticket taker at the Zoo and got a severe warning that it could invalidate the rest of my tickets, but I didn't have any other problems, but I wouldn't risk a day in DLR for it :sad2:

A

when we used our SoCal CityPass last year, the turnstile person at DLR directed me to the ticket booth to exchange for the actual three day ticket.

**WARNING** Do NOT remove passes from the booklet - they must be presented in the book to be valid (you can't split the passes and half the family goes to SeaWorld while the other half goes to San Diego Zoo for instance. I pulled the ticket out of the book in front of the ticket taker at the Zoo and got a severe warning that it could invalidate the rest of my tickets, but I didn't have any other problems, but I wouldn't risk a day in DLR for it :sad2:

A

When we did it last June we had hard, credit card type ticket. DL just scanned it at the turnstiles and gave us 'paper' tickets. Sea World and US just scanned it and we entered. SDZoo used a hole punch on it to show we used it (I thought that was weird).
STeve

FYI Costco is not selling the Citypass right now, we just bought ours this week and had to get it directly from Citypass. Citypass has made a statement on their Facebook page that they hope Costco will make their products available again in the future.

So, here's a dumb question... If I buy the pass at DL i know we have to start there. But, my question is... do you have to do all three days consecutively? Or, can I do 2 days at DL then a day at US and then back to DL?

Thanks for the info.

So, here's a dumb question... If I buy the pass at DL i know we have to start there. But, my question is... do you have to do all three days consecutively? Or, can I do 2 days at DL then a day at US and then back to DL?

Thanks for the info.

You have 14 days to use your 3 day (or any day for that matter) Park Hopper pass. You get the same tickets as anyone else once you enter the first time.
Steve

ok.....now I have a question:cool1: I looked at this pass, but decided it wouldn't work for us,as we wanted 2 days at Universal,and 5-6 days DL hoppers.....
so from what I'm reading here- we could buy these tix direct from Uni. site- but we have to go to Uni. FIRST- then we get a 2nd day free?
are these 2 days consecutive only?And if we stopped at DL 1st,we wouldn't get the 2nd day free at Uni.?
and- then we could take the tix to DL,and upgrade to 6 day hoppers with it,reducing the cost of a hopper by 184.00?
do I have this right?
Thanks for all the info! If I could do this, it might save us some $$$ which is always good!:thumbsup2

I am a little confused- how would I buy the soCal tix,then upgrade?
My plan would be to use them at Uni first,and then I would get a 2nd day free?
then take them to DL,and try to upgrade at the booth?
I'm still confused by the prices- please,some help?:woohoo:

I am a little confused- how would I buy the soCal tix,then upgrade?
My plan would be to use them at Uni first,and then I would get a 2nd day free?
then take them to DL,and try to upgrade at the booth?
I'm still confused by the prices- please,some help?:woohoo:

From my experience... We had credit card like CityPass tickets. We did not buy them from US to get the extra day there though. About DL, the first day we took the CityPass tickets to the turnstiles (not the ticket booths) and they scanned our CityPass tickets and gave us each 3-day DLR park hoppers. At the end of the first day we went to City Hall and upgraded our 3-day park hoppers for 6-day park hoppers. At that time (last June) they charged us $70 per person, child and adult alike, to upgrade. Don't know if it is still the same, but that is my experience.

Steve

If you buy the pass from the Universal website and use it there first, you get a second day free.

how do you know this for sure?:confused3 it isn;t mentioned on mousesavers site- any official info about this?

thank you- I would have replied sooner, but I'm not getting notified lately....:confused3 anyway- does anyone here know FOR SURE (i.e. done this) about buying the pass,and adding extra DL days on at the gates? Thanks again!:cool1:

I've just seen some ads for the pass for $276. It sounds like a great deal. However, we are not going to California until next February. If I purchased the passes now, can we use them next year?

I've just seen some ads for the pass for $276. It sounds like a great deal. However, we are not going to California until next February. If I purchased the passes now, can we use them next year?

The Disneyland and Universal Studios websites say they are only good through 2011. I wouldn't worry about buying them in advance though, I'm sure they'll be available for your 2012 trip.

You might want to check getawaytoday.com when you decide to purchase - they are currently selling the SoCal CityPass for $260 (cheapest I've seen).

Thanks ND Disney Daddy. I will check them out. I was just a little worried as the price seemed like a great deal...and I wouldn't want to miss out

I just did this past week.

Just so I am crystal clear.
I can buy the SoCa pass at Disneyland Gate and then immediately (before going into the park) upgrade the 3-day hopper pass to a 4-day by paying the difference?

Sorry to be a bother...first post and all.

Cheers

Dean

Just so I am crystal clear.
I can buy the SoCa pass at Disneyland Gate and then immediately (before going into the park) upgrade the 3-day hopper pass to a 4-day by paying the difference?

Sorry to be a bother...first post and all.

Cheers

Dean

Welcome Dean.

That is right you can upgrade it then or before the end of that 3rd day of use.

You pay the difference to the 3rd day part of the citypass to a 4 day hopper.

It's $214 toward $234. So you would pay $20 to upgrade.

Feel free to ask question about Disneyland on the main DL board in the link.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26&order=desc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter