Please Help Genie Question

Cinders1

Mouseketeer
We are due to check into the Boardwalk Inn on Sun Nov 14th. Can I book my LL (fancy rides) and my first Genie Plus (fast pass) at home or on the way to WDW at 7:00 am? Or do I have to physically be on property to book? Worried everything will be gone by the time we arrive. We did not plan to go to MK early because we are attending the Christmas party. Now I am really worried.

We are due to check into the Boardwalk Inn on Sun Nov 14th. Can I book my LL (fancy rides) and my first Genie Plus (fast pass) at home or on the way to WDW at 7:00 am? Or do I have to physically be on property to book? Worried everything will be gone by the time we arrive. We did not plan to go to MK early because we are attending the Christmas party. Now I am really worried.
Also, every 2 hours after park opens you can book additional passes if your first pass is late afternoon (say 1:10 pm)

At 7 am book 1:10-2:10pm Jungle cruise
At 11 am (2 hr after park opening) book 1:30-2:30pm Pirates
At 1 pm book 2:00-3:00pm Big Thunder

You can also book your 2 LlIa$ fancy rides at 7 am if staying on site

I'm tagging onto this hoping someone sees my question because I'm travedling right now, and hoping to arrive at AK around noon and couldn't start a new thread.

I booked a LL for 12:30 and it CHANGED IT to 9:55. Am i crazy? I sat there, refreshing LLs at 7am until a later one finally came.....10:30...10:45...11:15...12:30....i am not crazy, I swear I saw the 12:30 LL was there, but now it's not and it's changed.

Has this happened to anyone else and what is my recourse? I have no evidence of the 12:30 booking because it was updated and shows now?

I'm tagging onto this hoping someone sees my question because I'm travedling right now, and hoping to arrive at AK around noon and couldn't start a new thread.

I booked a LL for 12:30 and it CHANGED IT to 9:55. Am i crazy? I sat there, refreshing LLs at 7am until a later one finally came.....10:30...10:45...11:15...12:30....i am not crazy, I swear I saw the 12:30 LL was there, but now it's not and it's changed.

Has this happened to anyone else and what is my recourse? I have no evidence of the 12:30 booking because it was updated and shows now?

You are not crazy. For fast-booking attractions (like Slinky Dog), the time that books is usually later than the time you saw when you clicked on Book Experience. It's unusual to get an earlier time (I'm assuing you got 9:55 AM, not PM) but it has been observed that at about 7:10 am, earlier times starting appearing.

You should be able to cancel that LL and pick something else (although it doesn't appear that any AK G+ attraction has a return time later than noon yet).

You’re not crazy. It happened to us. My spouse was trying ROTR while I booked SDD. It showed 11-12 but on the booking screen it finalized 9-10 am. We had Oga’s at 11:25 am, so I believe that’s why it booked earlier. We were a party of 4 riders, so it was amazing that it did that; but RnRC kept refreshing to an hour later and never refreshed to an earlier time (so doesn’t work mid day), so grab the second high demand attraction and don’t refresh.

Last edited:

Not crazy at all, IME that first time is worthless & it’s incredibly frustrating. You have to click through to see the ‘real’ time which may be several hours different than the first time you saw. There’s no ‘recourse’ other than to know that the time you are trying to book is most likely not what you’ll end up with & may not work at all w/ your plans.

All of this information is so helpful. Can I please jump on and ask a question that might be very dumb. 😳 If you get a genie + time for say 7pm to ride something can you then 2 hrs later get a genie + time for something else for earlier in the day? Or once you reserve a time can you only go after the last ride time you booked? I hope this makes sense.

You can start booking rides 2 hrs from the park opening time and if you don’t ride the ride in the first 2 hrs, you can book another.

At 7 am (or anytime before park opening) say I booked Navi 12-1 pm (at 7 am it’s unusual to get pm passes; except at HS-MFSR and MK-jungle cruise)

2 hrs after park opening (8 am AK) at 10 am I book Safari 1-2 pm

At 12 pm I can book another pass in the future as long as I don’t use the 12-1 pm; OR just ride Navi at 12 pm and book as you go

I would check out the usage thread here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-genie-usage-tips-and-strategy-only-thread.3857056/page-126
LL and Genie+ rides and prices are constantly changing and the Christmas parade was added to Genie+ as well (never saw it listed)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/
I don’t understand how the ‘holding 2 Genie+ bookings throughout the day’ worked as we either stacked for evenings or ride am rides and stacked during lunch break (best use IMHO). I found looking at my phone constantly extremely annoying.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...e-change-if-youre-going-to-disney-world-soon/

Last edited:
You can start booking rides 2 hrs from the park opening time and if you don’t ride the ride in the first 2 hrs, you can book another.

At 7 am (or anytime before park opening) say I booked Navi 12-1 pm (at 7 am it’s unusual to get pm passes; except at HS-MFSR and MK-jungle cruise)

2 hrs after park opening (8 am AK) at 10 am I book Safari 1-2 pm

At 12 pm I can book another pass in the future as long as I don’t use the 12-1 pm; OR just ride Navi at 12 pm and book as you go

I would check out the usage thread here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-genie-usage-tips-and-strategy-only-thread.3857056/page-126

Thanks for your reply! I have been reading through the thread you linked before I asked the question and I though I had figured out the answer but I’m still not sure if I can schedule a genie pass earlier in the day than one I have already scheduled.

Thanks for your reply! I have been reading through the thread you linked before I asked the question and I though I had figured out the answer but I’m still not sure if I can schedule a genie pass earlier in the day than one I have already scheduled.
Yes. You can book a pass for a ride anytime (if available). I booked Jungle cruise (and Monsters on another day after noon) and paid for SDMT (pm slot) and then when my booking window opened at 11 am (MK opened at 9 am), we just booked rides wherever we were (you can book next ride immediately after you scan the ride’s second turnstile; Safari (AK) didn’t have a second scan) until we took a break for lunch (stacked 2-3 passes around SDMT)

Last edited:

Yes you can.

Thanks so much for clarifying! That definitely helps me wrap my head around all of this. DH and I are thinking of adding a few days to our 30th anniversary cruise in June. We have not been back in several years and I’ve always been in charge of the planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter