• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Help!! Kidani 1 room villa or Beach Club Standard???

KStodisney

Earning My Ears
Hi, my family of 5, kids 9,7,3 will be traveling to Disney in March. (Nothing like waiting until the last minute!) We have choices of a lagoon view at the Beach Club or for $1200 more a 1 bed villa at Kidani villas. I can't decide...I like the price and location of the Beach Club. We won't have a car and Kidani sounds really remote. Just not sure if we are going to fill too cramped in a standard room. We will be there 6 nights. We are spending 2 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, perhaps 1 at Water Park and 1/2 day at Animal Kingdom. We are purchasing the dining plan. Any recommendations/advice would be appreciated!!

I can't decide...I like the price and location of the Beach Club. We won't have a car and Kidani sounds really remote. Just not sure if we are going to fill too cramped in a standard room.

sounds like you understand the issues:

BC has a great location, especially for epcot.

AKV has lots of space, a pullout sofa and sleeper chair, a little privacy for the grownups, full kitchen, washer/dryer and 2 bathrooms. but it does feel a long way from the MK in particular.

tough call - just depends on what you prefer...

Hi, my family of 5, kids 9,7,3 will be traveling to Disney in March. (Nothing like waiting until the last minute!) We have choices of a lagoon view at the Beach Club or for $1200 more a 1 bed villa at Kidani villas. I can't decide...I like the price and location of the Beach Club. We won't have a car and Kidani sounds really remote. Just not sure if we are going to fill too cramped in a standard room. We will be there 6 nights. We are spending 2 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, perhaps 1 at Water Park and 1/2 day at Animal Kingdom. We are purchasing the dining plan. Any recommendations/advice would be appreciated!!

Beach Club. Especially with the dining plan. You will have so many more dining options in that resort area! Plus you can walk right into EP - it's so convenient. Yes, you'll be sacrificing some space (plus a kitchen and washer/dryer), but BC rooms are quite spacious (request a full balcony!). AKV-Kidani is very nice, but, yes, quite remote and if you are only doing 1/2 day in AK, it's just not worth it IMHO. There is just nothing like being able to walk back and forth to EP (and DHS if you decide to go there)!

What are your dates? You might be able to rent DVC points for less than you would pay Disney for the same villa at Animal Kingdom.

Look at the rent/trade board for more information: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

One bedroom vote vi don't care if beach club it closer. 3 kids need space. Plus an extra bathroom has its weight in gold. But then again I have 3 girls

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm sticking with the 1 BR Villa. I just think our kids will need some down time. I appreciate the feedback!

If the price were the same, I'd say AKV for the benefit of 2nd bathroom. But for the added cost, it's not worth it. Go for BC, the location is amazing!

Another vote for Kidani. The extra bathroom is great. Kidani and Jambo share buses, but Kidani is the first pick up. Plus the kids will love watching the animals.

I too say the 1 BR Villa. The extra space is worth the added cost.
Have you considered a grocery delivery service? We order breakfast foods (saves the hassle and cost of a restaurant/food court breakfast) juice, coffee, fruit, water, soda, beer, wine, cheese and crackers and other snacks. I don't "cook" big meals on vacation, but having breakfast in the room in the morning as we get ready is great. We also always have cold drinks and snacks when we take an afternoon break. We use Garden Grocer and it is well worth the cost. I have calculated that I have saved the delivery cost with just the savings on not buying bottled water in the parks
Also with the in unit washer and dryer you can pack less which is wonderful.
Have Fun

Kidani is our favourite. We are here now in a one br. The washer dryer is irreplaceable as is the master br and second bath. It's clean, has amazing service, some of the best staff on property. Gorgeous pool, community hall and so many enrichment activities. The bus service is great too. Mk is the furthest park, but it's a pleasant bus ride. We spend 30 nights a year here.

Have a great trip. I'm excited for you!

Thanks! I will look into having groceries delivered as that is exactly what I was thinking of doing. We'll stay in the villas. Decided I'd rather be slightly inconvenienced when traveling to the parks rather than be really inconvenienced when in our room. We are excited!

The best thing about the Villas IMHO is the in room washer and dryer. You'll only need to pack 2 or 3 days worth of clothes which will free up a lot of space in your luggage for souvenirs. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter