Please help me choose a resort: CBR, POFQ, or AoA suites?!

Just me but I would probably opt for the suite at AofA. Unless you are doing the dining plan, being able to have some quick meals in the room, especially in the morning when you are getting ready is a huge plus. Food courts tend to be hectic and crowded! I also like the extra bathroom and separation of the rooms if the kids are going to bed earlier than the adults. Or the other way around,

We just stayed at POFQ and loved it. Enjoyed the boat to DS and we never shared buses. Small and everything so close. Our prior stay was at CBR. We were lucky enough to get a first floor room, the CBR buildings do not have elevators. The resort is nice but SO big and spread out. It was quite the hike to get breakfast. Skyliner was not open when we stayed there, that is a plus however many buildings have quite a walk to get to the skyliner station. Bus service was just ok when we stayed there. Much prefer POFQ and AofA single bus stop.

I've stayed at CBR and POFQ, and loved both, but based on your list, I'd go with AoA:

Art of Animation Suites
  • PROs: We always stay in a suite (offsite) at DLR and like having the extra room. Skyliner.
  • CONs: The pool looks a little boring. My kids really like a good waterslide…

The suite seems important to your vacation style.

I don't think they'll really miss the pool slide, but you could always swap a theme park day for a water park day if that's something you'd all enjoy more?

It was by far the most miserable transportation experience I’ve had staying on property.
I'm in the vast minority that would rank them CBR, AoA, and then POFQ
I have stayed at all 3 multiple times and I'd rate them like Dug720. CBR is one of our favorite resorts. We've stayed before and after the remodel and before and after Skyliner. We've never used the internal bus. It really isn't that far to walk to where you want to be and the landscaping makes it very pleasant. We've had good service with park buses with the exception of leaving Hollywood Studios at close.

We've stayed in Cars and Nemo suites at AoA (before Skyliner) and have no complaints. It feels like a longer walk to some of the buildings here than at CBR and there's definitely more noise at the main pool, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again

POFQ/POR are some of my least favorite resorts. We actually got off the bus and took a car after being picked up at POFQ and making multiple POR. It was over 30 minutes and we hadn't even made all the stops within the resort.

Thank you all so much for your sharing your thoughts and experiences! It's been really helpful.

I think I have eliminated CBR. I know our family and I'm pretty sure the internal buses would be the death of us.

I'm leaning towards POFQ. Which is funny because I know I looked at all the options for our honeymoon and settled on POFQ then as well!

We are planning to do all four parks so the central location is a good point. We will probably do one park per day, from rope drop to early-to-late afternoon, except for one day I want to go back for a dessert party & fireworks. So one bus back-and-forth per day isn't too bad. I imagine that we'll do the pool 2-3 days that we get back earlier.

I like the boat to Disney Springs. DS isn't worth a bus ride to me but the boat ride is so pleasant.

Last week I was seriously considering Wilderness Lodge. It looks so beautiful! But I just can't bring myself the spend that much! The only reason we would is to have a suite. It's so much easier to put the kids to bed in a separate room. If DH and I are still up they want to stay up too! Maybe we'll do a suite this time and POFQ when they're older. 8 & 10 will prob be the next trip.

Another good point! I'm not sure how much time we'll spend at the pool. If we're having fun at the parks we'll stay at the parks. So I don't want to pick based on pool and we don't end up there much.
So, I’m happy we’ve all been able to help. I still think you’re going to wish you had the splash pad, the pool party with games that you get at a deluxe, and the Electrical Water Parade. Additionally, the smaller pool slide at Wilderness is perfect for these ages of your children. And you’ll miss out on seeing how big their eyes get walking into the lobby. We had always addressed the being in another room to go to sleep issue with adult time on the balcony. But, then I’m rather passionate about this because of fond memories. As you can see from my trip history signature, I’ve stayed at POFQ and like it except for the buses. Have a wonderful time, and I hope we get to hear a trip report!

I stayed at CBR and I definitely never used an internal bus. It's spread out but didn't think it was THAT big. Especially now that they tore down an entire section to build Riviera and moved the checkin to the main building.

I stayed at CBR and I definitely never used an internal bus. It's spread out but didn't think it was THAT big. Especially now that they tore down an entire section to build Riviera and moved the checkin to the main building.

The problem isn't the internal buses. It's the buses in general. There are 6 bus stops every time you want to go to MK or AK. They pick up/drop off at Jamaica, Aruba, Martinque, OPR, Barbados and Trinidad. It took us an hour to get to MK one night at 7:30 pm (so not really a prime time ride the bus TO a park).

They don't always split the resort stops, so you often have to stop at each area.

There are internal buses, that will move you around the resort. I agree with others it isn't THAT big. You are walking all day at the parks, what's a little bit more walking.

Yes I will agree I didn't love the buses. We only had a few incidents of having to go through the entire resort but coming back from Epcot and DHS we had some majorly long waits. I would return to CBR as a resort but I would bring a rental car for MK and AK. I'm not a big lover of buses in general though.

We stayed at PO last year and had a great time there, AoA would also be a great choice for the skyliner. the pools at both are good. CB is just to big and spread out

So, I’m happy we’ve all been able to help. I still think you’re going to wish you had the splash pad, the pool party with games that you get at a deluxe, and the Electrical Water Parade. Additionally, the smaller pool slide at Wilderness is perfect for these ages of your children. And you’ll miss out on seeing how big their eyes get walking into the lobby. We had always addressed the being in another room to go to sleep issue with adult time on the balcony. But, then I’m rather passionate about this because of fond memories. As you can see from my trip history signature, I’ve stayed at POFQ and like it except for the buses. Have a wonderful time, and I hope we get to hear a trip report!

If you stay at POFQ or CBR, they also BOTH have a splash pad and pool party - so you won't miss out on that at all. The Electrical Water Pageant is pretty neat, but you could watch that from the beach at the Polynesian and not stay there. You're just not allowed to use the pools. You can also visit ANY of the resorts, have a meal at one of their restaurants, etc. We LOVE doing that!

That being said, I'd vote for POFQ based on the boat to DS, the fact that you can share the pool at POR for something different, the food court is OK, but you can always hop over to Riverside for food too. Beignets at POFQ are delicious!!! Ye Haa Bob Jackson at POR for some nightly entertainment. It's a nice small resort with lots of little extras. Moderates not only have slides, but also hot tubs. DD and I stayed there in October a loved it, absolutely no problems with the buses. We only shared the bus with POR one afternoon during a midday break - didn't mind one bit as we were melting in the A/C.

Unless you are more into the tropical feel, then maybe try CBR. The Skyliner is SO convenient. They also have the 5th sleeper option if your kids would prefer to sleep in separate beds too. Our kids actually liked POR because of that... and the Polynesian, but... :rotfl2::laughing:

If you stay at POFQ or CBR, they also BOTH have a splash pad and pool party - so you won't miss out on that at all. The Electrical Water Pageant is pretty neat, but you could watch that from the beach at the Polynesian and not stay there. You're just not allowed to use the pools. You can also visit ANY of the resorts, have a meal at one of their restaurants, etc. We LOVE doing that!

That being said, I'd vote for POFQ based on the boat to DS, the fact that you can share the pool at POR for something different, the food court is OK, but you can always hop over to Riverside for food too. Beignets at POFQ are delicious!!! Ye Haa Bob Jackson at POR for some nightly entertainment. It's a nice small resort with lots of little extras. Moderates not only have slides, but also hot tubs. DD and I stayed there in October a loved it, absolutely no problems with the buses. We only shared the bus with POR one afternoon during a midday break - didn't mind one bit as we were melting in the A/C.

Unless you are more into the tropical feel, then maybe try CBR. The Skyliner is SO convenient. They also have the 5th sleeper option if your kids would prefer to sleep in separate beds too. Our kids actually liked POR because of that... and the Polynesian, but... :rotfl2::laughing:
See how outdated I am? When I stayed at POFQ there was no splash pad or pool party. I assumed those were reserved for deluxe resorts (my bad). Thanks for updating me!

Long time Disney fan, new to disboards. What do all of the resort acronyms stand for?

AoA is Art of Animation, POFQ is Port Orleans French Quarter, POR is Port Orleans Riverside, CBR is Caribbean Beach Resort. DS is Disney Springs. MK and AK are Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. I think that's all of them that I saw

AoA. The theming is so festive - your kids will love it (I love it, too!). And you will love the space, two bathrooms, and kitchenette for breakfast.

I just re read your post - first trip with young kids and you will definitely like the separate sleeping areas. Stay in one room when kids are older!

Last edited:
We are choosing CBR as it’s basically ” new” and for the skyliner. If we can make it a breeze to get to 2 parks, that’s already half the battle. We will mostly use Uber /Lyft to get to MK and AK. Used Uber last summer at wdw and the cost was around $8, super easy and convenient. Never waited and they drop you off right at the entrances.
We have stayed at CBR once before in 2013 and loved the grounds and pool. If you choose certain buildings, the resort doesn’t feel nearly as big, we never walked more than 5 min to get somewhere like main pool or main building.
Having said all this, POFQ is one of our favourites, yes can’t beat the size and the boat to Disney springs. My DS however thought the slide was lame around Age 6-7. It’s very short compared to ones at the other resorts.

We will mostly use Uber /Lyft to get to MK and AK. Used Uber last summer at wdw and the cost was around $8, super easy and convenient. Never waited and they drop you off right at the entrances.

I thought there was a different area for non-Minnie Van rideshares to drop at MK, that they were not allowed to drop right at the entrance.

I thought there was a different area for non-Minnie Van rideshares to drop at MK, that they were not allowed to drop right at the entrance.
I’m not sure - we actually got picked up from MK not dropped off. It was close, I don’t know if anything has changed since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter