• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PLEASE Help me decide!!! CSR or POR

AdrianaR

Earning My Ears
Hi! My sister and I are planning a trip to Disney next September for 9 nights. We're trying to decide which hotel to stay at, we've narrowed it down to Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside, but we're not sure which one to choose.:confused3
I've stayed at CSR before, and loved it but we're concerned about the constructions and the noises that may come with that. :worried:
We are 2 adults, and somedays we might sleep until later. We also do not want to be in a hotel that's mostly families with small children crying and making a lot of noise ( I know that's a lot to ask for, since is Disney :upsidedow but last time when I stayed at CSR, I saw mostly grown ups and teenagers)
:worship:Please Please Please! Help me! I completely trust the opinion of people on these forums since you are seasoned experts (I've been to Disney a lot, but only have stayed twice at a Disney Resort)

Thank you! :earseek:
:disrocks:

POR is one of my favorite Disney properties. It’s very pretty. I have teenagers and young adult children. It’s never seemed like kiddie city to me!

I've never stayed at CSR, but we loved POR. We thought it was very quiet and the river is so nice to walk by in the morning or evening. The boat to Disney Springs is also nice.

I think POR is a better match for u guys.
Have a great time. Beautiful resort... n take advantage of the boat to Disney springs ...

having stayed at both...as 2 adults....I would do Coronado springs.........a little more adult theme......not as many kids since it is also a convention resort.

My favourite is CSR but DH favourite is POR. We're trying POFQ next...

If you plan on going often to Disney Springs, I would stay at POR.

We've stayed at both, and I would pick POR. We thought it was very quiet, and the grounds are beautiful. Plus, you have the use of both POR and POFQ pools.

I've stayed at both and I would do POR due to the construction at CSR. We stayed at CSR at the end of February and didn't find that the construction was noisy, but the resort isn't looking very pretty right now.

I've stayed at both and I would do POR due to the construction at CSR. We stayed at CSR at the end of February and didn't find that the construction was noisy, but the resort isn't looking very pretty right now.
I agree. We love CSR and even enjoyed a nice stay there last spring during construction. But I was by there this month and the larger construction is a big eyesore right now. That would likely bother me, whereas the smaller construction didn't. OTOH, we visited both POR and POFQ this month and both looked and felt great. That is why I earlier said POR. I probably should've clarified then. The boat to Disney Springs is a nice bonus.

We've stayed at both, and stayed again at POR last summer and will be staying at CSR this summer. The Dis Unplugged podcast posted a recent vlog of CSR that you may find useful to help gauge construction there.

FWIW, we had no noise issues or concerns at POR. Didn't notice anymore families there than any other resort. But I do agree that CSR has more of an adult vibe with the convention/business travelers present and the extra amenities, like the two bars for instance.

I'd choose POR only because you've never stayed before, and I think both resorts are worth a try. Plus, POR has the boat to Disney Springs which we love as well.

Have stayed at both and much prefer POR. Riverside is large and many stops like Coronado Springs. French Quarter is smaller and fewer stops. The restaurants at POR were also better.

DW and I stayed at POR last August. It was our first time staying there and we would absolutely recommend it.

Thank you so much for your input! We decided to go with Coronado Springs, we were mostly sold after watching the renovated rooms in The Dis video. My sister is very allergic to dust, so laminated floors should be great for her. Hopefully we get one of the renovated rooms :shamrock:

:thanks:

At the moment DIS Unplugged youtube channel is showing their 7 resorts in 7 days and they have covered CSR and should be posting both POFQ and POR pretty soon. They loved CSR and said that the construction was very well managed and no issues re noise. They also loved the room refurbs and the new look of the resort, it has had a paint job and looks fabulous.
It made me consider it for our next visit. Have stayed at French Quarter many times but never Riverside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter