• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help me pick my next vacation!

Which trip?

• Yosemite/Kings Canyon/Los Angeles

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • All-Inclusive Hilton in Dominican Republic

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 7-Day Eastern on Fantasy

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters
Ok! After talking it over with the family, Disney Cruise it is! I think the deciding factor was that the kids can roam the ship on their own, without us worrying about them, which they could not have done as easily with the other two options.

I think we will still do Yosemite in the future, but on a longer timeframe.
Sounds like a great decision! While we loved visiting national parks with our kids when they were younger, we did 2 week trips, driving every 1-3 days to visit a variety of Southwest parks. And after you've just done an intensive driving trip in Europe, a cruise is perfect to see multiple places while unpacking once. Bonus that it gets you up to gold and is a new ship for you! (While there's not much for perks...those earlier booking dates mean a lot on future cruises...can get excursions, tastings, etc that Silver can't.)

Good choice. 😉

My 17-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son would pick the cruise, probably without hesitation.

She's never been a big fan of the kids' clubs but always has a good time anyway. My son was lukewarm on Oceaneer's but did spend a lot of time in Edge on our last couple of cruises.

I might have said Yosemite, depending on how outdoorsy your kids are, except that you said you wanted something easy. Cruise beats all-inclusive every time for me. Especially in the Caribbean I think it's just as relaxing, but there's more to do and the kids are free to do their own thing some of the time. Plus I just like being on the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter