Please help -- question about DVC

cmd0819

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have used DVC to rent points for several years, and am renting from a member for a trip this summer. I have a slight problem: after I sent the payment I have not been able to confirm with the member that he booked magical express and the dining plan. Because I cannot call member services, I am in a slight panic about my trip. I have emailed the member sevral times, but have not gotten a response. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might do to ensure I have magical express and the dining plan on my reservation?

Thanks so much!

You'll have to figure out some way of getting a hold of the member. About 6 months ago DVC changed its policies and will only deal with the actual owner of the points on any issues related to the reservation (including the dining plan and DME.) Not even another DVC member would be able to help you--only the one whose points were used to book the trip.

If the trip is still several months away, you have plenty of time to get it addressed. The dining plan can be added on as little as 24-48 hours notice (before check-in) and wtih DME you have until 3 or 4 weeks before departure to play it safe.

Perhaps the member is simply out of town or otherwise indisposed at the moment. I hope you at least got a phone number from the person. If not, you might want to start doing some on-line searches based upon the name and residence of the member.

Thanks for your help. I did get a phone number and have tried that as well. I also have gotten read receipts for the emails, which indicate that he at least knows that I am trying to contact him. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he responds before I leave!

You may also be able to book ME online without the DVC member doing it for you. Someone on the transportation board posted this link to book Magical Express

Did the member send you the reservation document with your name on it? If not, I would be worried too. If he did, then keep calling and leaving messages until he returns the call. I'd be pretty leary of someone who reads messages but doesn't respond.

If you call around enough, your name should come up somewhere in the Magical Express computer.

I'd be freaking out about the guy not returning emails, though...:scared1:

Is he a dis'er?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter