please help! suggestions for birthday

disneynewbee

DIS Veteran
I am pretty upset we were unsuccessful in getting a princess meal at the castle or epcot. We will be going to dw with my sister and her family. Her daughter will be turning 5 and my daughter will be turning 2 while we are there. We tried to get a princess meal for there birthdays but although we called every day when they opened there lines every time we finally talked to someone they were gone. So now I need help with finding a special meal that will make a big fuss for there birthdays. This will be our first trip so I have no clue where to start. Trying to arrange all these meals when they have not even given the park hours or parades and shows for November yet is difficult. Please help me make this special for our princess:

Did you try the Princess breakfast in Epcot, in Norway? If they enjoy Pooh, try Crystal Palace. Or another character meal, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, etc.

First off, welcome to the Dis!!!:wave:

Dont give up all hope on dining with the Princesses. People do cancel from time to time, especially if they book multiple PSs that they cant use. Keep trying back.

With that said, we really enjoy Chef Mickeys for breakfast. There is a wide variety of food and its always delicious. Characters usually include Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto & Goofy.

Also, if you are interested in a dinner show, you could try the Hoop De Doo Revue. Its an all you can eat meal of ribs, chicken, salad, beans, corn, etc... with 6 actors who put on a slapstick show with jokes and songs. They will walk around the audience and ask who is celebrating a birthday and announce their name and age. Its a really fun night out, and appeals to all ages.

You might want to consider eating lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. You'll need to make a priority seating. Cinderella is usually on her throne in the lobby and available for pictures/autographs while you wait. Although I understand there's no guaranty she'll be there, I've never been to lunch at the Castle when she wasn't there.

I think the restaurant will decorate the table, bring dessert with a candle and sing happy birthday. Eating in the castle is fun. If you go, ask for David to be your waiter. He's great with kids and completely in character as to time and place.

for birthday girls, i would suggest 1900 park fair at the grand floridian for the character dinner... Regulars include Cinderella and Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and the Fairy Godmother, enough to thrill 5 and 2yo bday girls! i do believe i have read that they will do special desserts for celebrations (cindy's slipper made of white chocolate) or you can order a cake from the GF bakery...

also, do not give up on getting princess breakfasts... i would just call every day (do you have the toll free number? 1-800-828-0228) and check... it certainly cannot hurt! good luck and ENJOY!

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I know the princess: princess: will have a great time with whatever we chose and not eating with the princesses is not the end of the world but it is just so frustrating if there is such a demand make it more available. I'm going to keep trying but with a party of 9 I won't hold my breath. I might try for chef mickey if that is not booked by now too. We are also planning on Hoop de doo for one evening since my husband used to go to disney all the time as a kid and raves about it. Thanks everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter