Please help! Thanksgiving??

imgointoDis

Earning My Ears
I posted this on the Theme Parks board and only got 1 response. I'd really like some more opinions if possible!! We are planning our 2002 trip, and are considering the week of Thanksgiving. What are the crowds like at this time? What is the weather at that time of the year? Anyone who has visited in November, please let me know!! Thank you!!:)

We went during Thanksgiving 2000. The crowds weren't bad but the weather turned cold the end of the week. We did swim Thanksgiving day but the weather can change quickly.

You can do a search on the boards, and look for other posts about thanksgiving. This has been a hot question recently and there are a lot of posts.

It's a good time to go, we have been there 2 times for Thanksgiveing. The weather was nice
a bit cool in the evening but all you needed was a light jacket. We had rain only 3
time's in both trips so that was good, We made our reservations for Thanksgiving
dinner as soon as permissable for the places we wanted. We ate Thanksgiving the
first time at The Castle, Loved it. the second time we ate at Toney's on the square,
also a good resturant. It was nice to watch the Christmas Decorations magically
appear every day, I would say the crowds were a bit crowed on certain days and
other days some parks were just right, Thursaday and Fridays were busy days.But
we were there until the following week the first time. the second time was a
quickie and we were there for only from wednesday to Sunday and that was a
bit hectic. But would I do it again, sure would, Crowd's do not bother me infact
I love it when it's crowed everyone seems to be so much nicer waiting in que's.Go enjoy
make your reservations for the special dinner's as soon as possible, and plan your
days.Just go it's so much fun to watch the place change for Christmas.. And yes
you can still swim and work on your tan's..The pool's are open as they are heated. and
it's still nice to swim, I am an avid swimmer..

We always go at Thanksgiving, usually for about 10 days with the actual holiday falling in the middle of that time. The weather is iffy...it's been 90 degrees and it's been 60. Usually shorts and a t shirt are ok for during the day but you'll need a jacket for evening. Last year, it was unusually cold all week and we wore long sleeves, long pants and polarfleece jackets every day. At night, during the fireworks, I would have worn a hat and mittens if I had them (every store I checked was sold out of mittens). We've had Thanksgiving dinner at Coral Reef and, last year, at Garden Grill. Most restaurants will offer the traditional turkey dinner if that's what you want. Crowds are usually not too bad - the days just leading up to the holiday are the least crowded...the most crowded days being the Friday and weekend after Thanksgiving. I would recommend making priority seating arrangements as soon as possible if you want to eat at sit down restaurants. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter