• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help! Two bent pin backs.

Goober

Mouseketeer
I just received two pins in the mail with their pin backs bent. One arrived with the pin back off and that may have caused it to happen. How can I fix this? I know my husband will want to take a pair of pliers to it. Will that work or will we just end up snapping the back off of the pin.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This really popped the bubble on the excitement of receiving new pins.
Thank you,
Kim :(

Hi Kim, sorry to hear about your pins. Your seller/trader should have used more padding in the package. I read over at dizpins.com that you can fix a detached pin back with "E6000" :confused:. They have all of the details at the site under "Pin Tips" :p . So don't dispair, they most likely can be fixed good as new.

Charles
Engr-Chas (Dizpins, Pinpics, ebaY)
hades01.gif

Charles,
Thanks so much for your help. I'll have to check that site out.
Thanks again,
Kim:pinkbounc

Pliers and taking a little time will fix the problem. It would take a lot of bending back and forth to get it to snap. Just have him be careful and take his time.

I'm relieved, it's bent back and good as new.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Kim :D

I'm glad they didn't break off like one of mine did...I tried to bend the back on one of my pins once and half of the post came off. Broke right off. I was pretty upset. And in FL once, I was taking a pin off of my lanyard, and the head of the character snapped off. I beheaded a pin. So...good thing I wasn't fixing your pins!!! :( :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter