Please help! Unable to use vouchers

RubberDucky99

Earning My Ears
I sincerely hope someone can help me. This was our first vacation in 6 years and we had a great time but...

We rented a car from budget and just got back last night. We purchased $450 in Budget Rental Car vouchers from a script program but they cannot apply them now (we asked prior to purchasing and were told yes but that was a mistake and they will not budge). Where do I go to get our money or most of our money out of them? They must be presented when you pick up the car. I thought about going to the airport. Any ideas? Obviously we need the money

Sorry, I'm not sure what you asking. Are you asking about selling the vouchers to someone else? About getting Budget to take them? Why weren't you able to use them and will that stop someone else from using them? Are they transferable? I know that there are sites where you can sell giftcards and, if your vouchers are transferable, I would think that you could sell them there too.

? Your post is kind of confusing, but if I understand you correctly, you ordered rental car vouchers from a site, they didn't arrive in time, you tried to apply them after the fact, budget said no and now you are stuck with $450 rental car vouchers?

I think your three choices are: 1. Hang on to them until next time 2. If they are transferable, try to sell them on a gift card site, 3. Gift them to a close friend or family member. I wonder if a charity would take them? Like Make a Wish or Ronald McDonald House? You could get a tax receipt? Better than just going to waste!

I sincerely hope someone can help me. This was our first vacation in 6 years and we had a great time but...

We rented a car from budget and just got back last night. We purchased $450 in Budget Rental Car vouchers from a script program but they cannot apply them now (we asked prior to purchasing and were told yes but that was a mistake and they will not budge). Where do I go to get our money or most of our money out of them? They must be presented when you pick up the car. I thought about going to the airport. Any ideas? Obviously we need the money
Correct me if I have this wrong.

• You bought $450 worth of Budget Car rental vouchers from a script progam.
  • You rented a vehicle from Budget during your vacation and the cost was at least $450.
  • You didn't pay for that rental with the vouchers at the time of pick up.
  • You have since returned home only to learn that you cannot retroactively apply those vouchers to your rental.
  • The vouchers are now useless to you and you want to get all or most of your money back.

What makes you think that taking these vouchers to the airport is going to get you a refund when the customer service reps on the phone won't do it? Or were you just planning to sell them to the first people you see approaching the Budget counter there?

If you want to get money for the vouchers, you need to sell them to someone who can use them. I suggest that you put it out there to family and friends first. If nobody wants them, then turn to one of the online gift card reselling websites like raise or giftcardzen. You won't recover the face value of the vouchers but you will at least get something for them. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter