Please help us get around Poly

GONETODISNEY

Mouseketeer
My family is leaving for Disney and the Poly in 3 days. We are going specifically for Star Wars Weekend since my 7 year old is a SW nut! What is my best bet for transportation to MGM? It gets very confusing. MY DH does not like to drive around the World, so Disney transportation is the only way for us. Can someone help clear up the confusion for me before we leave for Disney?
Thanks everyone!

You could: 1. take a cab
2. take a bus from TTC
3. take a bus from Polynesian

We used the TTC bus and the bus from Polynesian.

I'd definitely recommend taking the bus back to the Poly rather than to the TTC.

Have fun

Thanks dimimi, I guess the bus is the only option, but it's nice to know its better to take the bus back to the Poly. Anyone know how good the bus transportation is at the Poly? When we stayed at AKL it was excellent. Not sure what it will be at Poly. Thanks.

Originally posted by GONETODISNEY
Thanks dimimi, I guess the bus is the only option, but it's nice to know its better to take the bus back to the Poly. Anyone know how good the bus transportation is at the Poly? When we stayed at AKL it was excellent. Not sure what it will be at Poly. Thanks.
We were there two weeks ago and the buses were so slow. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to appear and only one did during that entire time! Unfortunately it wasn't ours. It also stops at the CR before the Poly and then to the GF. That wasn't bad at all but the wait for them was ridiculous. Also the Poly doesn't have a busstop like the other resorts. It is situated in between two roads and has no shelter from the sun or run. So if the bus is awhile plan on getting soaked or burnt. And keeping the kids from being hit is also a challenge. They are building a real bus stop there but won't be done for your trip. Your best options are still taking the bus or a cab if you aren't driving. Hopefully it won't be as bad for you.

We stayed in the Tahiti longhouse, so the TTC was closer than the GCH. We walked to the TTC and took the Epcot monorail, then hopped the boat to MGM. I detest buses, and will do anything to avoid them. We drive our rental most of the time, but enjoyed this way too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter