Please help with understanding about having an ECV ON Magic

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
My friend has not sailed DCL before, and on our Princess cruise, she plugged it in in the hall by the elevator which was practically outside her door.

She is on the second deck in an outside cabin. Is there a place on Deck two to plug it in? Will it fit in the cabin?

Thank you.

I would have them contact special services: Disney Cruise Line Special Services Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455 Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

If they are in an accessible stateroom, I would assume there is room for an ECV. If it is a regular stateroom there is definitely not enough room. I thought there was a charging/parking area for ECVs by Midship elevators...just not sure which floor...maybe the 5th on the Magic?

My friend has not sailed DCL before, and on our Princess cruise, she plugged it in in the hall by the elevator which was practically outside her door.

She is on the second deck in an outside cabin. Is there a place on Deck two to plug it in? Will it fit in the cabin?

Thank you.
The only ECV storage and charging that I know of on the Magic is on deck 6 by the midships elevators. If the ECV is under 22" wide it will go through the standard cabin door, but space will be tight inside the cabin. There are no ADA cabins on deck 2.

From the DCL web-site.

Typical staterooms have a narrower entrance door (23 inches) and may not have the interior space to accommodate mobility equipment.

Thank you. My friend will be with three others, two stateroom altogether and the others are willing to dock the ECV on the deck where the Magic wants the ECV’s plugged in, deck 6!

I would have them contact special services: Disney Cruise Line Special Services Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455 Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

If they are in an accessible stateroom, I would assume there is room for an ECV. If it is a regular stateroom there is definitely not enough room. I thought there was a charging/parking area for ECVs by Midship elevators...just not sure which floor...maybe the 5th on the Magic?
Charging/parking area on the Magic midship, deck 6.

Here is what the ECV parking area looks like on Wonder, I assume Magic is very similar.

Attachments

• 20220420_072104.jpg
    20220420_072104.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14

Thank you.
We were on the Magic in 2018 out of NYC, and were on Deck 6 where the EVC and stroller is located behind the elevator bank. It was full, mostly strollers just pushed into the space. Some of the outlets did not function properly. Yes, I reported it to guest services. There is some space on either side of the stairs where we were able to put our EVC. There were outlets there. Others took advantage of that space too. I doubt an ECV would fit into a regular cabin and if you were able to get it into the cabin it would be a hazard trying to get out. We did see other ECV's and chairs plugged in on other decks. The corridors are not wide enough to park one in them.

I would try to relocate to an accessible cabin. It should fit the ECV and allow it to be plugged in.

The Magic trip was our first and last attempt to sail in a regular cabin. In addition to the space for the ECV we realized the step over into the tub / shower in a regular cabin was too high. It was a learning experience...

A note to others who may see this in a search - on the Dream and Fantasy the ECV parking is located outside the entrance to the Enchanted Garden unless you are in an accessible cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter