Please name your favorite counter service restaurant in each park

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
DH hates to stop for meals at theme parks, so it looks like we'll be eating a lot of CS meals. I've read the reviews on the Ratings board and the counter service options in the parks sound pretty bleak.

Please tell me your favorite counter service restaurant in each park. If a park doesn't have any good options, let me know that as well. Thanks!

epcot has a ton of good counter service restaurants... the food court at the land has a zillion options... mexico has great selections... china is also a great place for counter service... and germany too! (don't know any others 'cause those are the only ones i've experienced)

our fave at mk is pecos bills... great toppings bar (almost like a salad bar for your burger or sandwich!)

don't know about the other two parks, have only eaten sit-down there... perhaps check the menus section at www.allearsnet.com (click on dining and then on "the menus")

ENJOY!

EC - Tangerine Cafe or Sunshine Terrace, UK Fish & Chips

MGM- Backlot Express insnt that bad

MK - Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill seems to be popular, Casey's

Resorts - Roaring Forks, Beaches & Cream, Gaspirlla's, Food Court at POR

MK - Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, & Columbia Harbour House

Epcot - no favorite

MGM - Toy Story Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari (only one we've had there, it's ok)

If we do a sit-down at all, it's usually for lunch. Less crowds, less money, and it's a good time for a break.

Here's are favorites!!

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ

MGM - Back Lot Express

Epcot - Cantina de San Angel

We liked the Tusker House at AK. Good salmon and rotissrrie chicken for a reasonable price. We also like Pecos Bill's

Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bills, Cosmic Ray's and that taco place in Adventureland (it was closed in May)

Epcot: Tangeriene Cafe, and Sunshine Season Food Fare in The Land

MGM: None

Animal Kingdom: Tusker House

MK--Cosmic Ray's has a great selection and the food is actually good, especially the roasted chicken meal and the cheeseburgers. Columbia Harbor House had good veggie chili and a nice cool place to sit upstairs.

MGM--I've only eaten at Pizza Planet, which is pretty mediocre pizza, but has a REALLY fun atmosphere both inside and out. My sons LOVE it! I've heard good reviews about Backlot Express.

Epcot--Tangeriene Cafe. Fabulous chicken shwarma sandwich. I don't care for the atmosphere inside, but I like to order my food to go and eat on a bench outside, even when it's hot!!

MK - Columbia House (eat upstairs - nice)
MGM - Backlot Express, not many choices here
AK - Flametree BBQ (if cool enough to eat outside)
EPCOT - Lots of choices, depends on where you are in park when the tummy growls

MK: lots of good places here, but Cosmic Ray's for the Stack Sandwich is my favorite

Epcot: Land Food Court-baked potato/salad/cookie combo

MGM: Pizza Planet-cheese pizza/salad combo

AK: Tusker House-Rotis. chicken & carrot cake!

MK: Pecos Bill Cafe

EC: China pavilion

MGM: Backlot Express

DAK: Tusker House

Resorts:
Coronado Springs - Love Pepper Market
DAK Lodge - Mara Cafe has some unique items
Y&B Club - Beaches and Cream

Can't list too many more - I'm hungry already!!!

Magic Kingdom - Pecos Bill Cafe for wonderful charcoal grilled burgers and Disney's best fixings bar with sauteed onions and mushroom.

Epcot - Tangierine Cafe in Morocco for rotisserie roasted meat and exotic side dishes.

Disney-MGM Studios - Nothing is really that great here, but I do like the ABC Commissary's menu because it does have somewhat different offerings than most places.

Animal Kingdom - Tusker House's rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, and fresh vegetables.

MK- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. The family Whole Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes is excellent. Serves 3-4 people $16.99 We got this last year and while it did feed 3 we will buy 2 next year. They also offer 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes for $6.99

MK- Casey's Corner, good hot dogs.

MGM- Backlot Express

Epcot- Electric Umbrella, only counter service we ate at. Lunch ok, breakfast didn't like at all.

Animal Kingdom- Pizzafari

Downtown Disney- Earl of Sandwich, new have not eaten there yet.

MK - Pecos Bill - along with everyone else, I love the topping bar and the burgers are yummy.

Epcot - Fish & Chips at England, or Mexico - sitting along the water with a margarita

MGM - I think the pizza at Pizza Planet is better than other CS pizza in the parks. Their meal deal with a salad is nice too.

AK - Tusker House for sure. The quality is far superior to CS in any of the other parks. The salmon and the rotisserie chicken are tops.

Now I'm hungry :earsgirl:

MK:
Columbia Harbor House. LOVE the Garden Galley Salad!!! Eat upstairs! Quiet dining room away from all the hustle & bustle

Epcot:
Food Court in the Land - Something for everyone. I had linguine/salad w/kens dressing/small bread/ drink & cookie for under $10.00

HATED Electric Umbrella - really bad food, though lots of seats (I guess that's the reason LOL)

MGM:
Kids always want to do Pizza Planet. Pizza is pretty boring and I LOVE pizza. But atmosphere is Great. Don't go if you don't have kids. Very loud & chaotic.

ABC Commissary was O.K. ate there 4 years ago during 1st day of 1st trip to Disney so I honestly don't remember details. Didn't like Sunset Ranch Market. MGM needs some help with CS spots(IMHO)

AK:
Flametree is good. Last trip there were many hornets so we tried Restaurantasaurus instead. BIG MISTAKE. Worst Disney dining experience. The only good thing was the air conditioning & lack of hornets!

Admittedly we do the sit-down meals more - especially character meals - since we travel with 4 children. ENJOY!

Jessica
:wave:

MK- Columbia Harbour house Epcot- Yorkshire fish shop MGM- Pizza Planet AK- Pizzafari

MK - Pinocchio's (Doesn't feel as crowded as peco's bills)
Epcot - Yorkshire - fish and chips in England
MGM - Sunset Ranch
AK - Pizzafari

I could be wrong, but I think I read that Starring Rolls at MGM now serves the Cobb salad. I know we plan on stopping there for lunch.

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House

Epcot - Kringla Bakery in Norway

Animal Kingdom - Flametree BBQ

MGM - none

MK-Columbia Harbour House

MGM- The market area on your left right before TOT and RNR. Typical burgers, dogs, pizza, baked potatoes, turkey legs.

Epcot- Fish and Chips in the UK and the little Japanese place on the hill.

AK- Tusker House

For burgers we always go with Beaches and cream at the BC/YC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter