Please Pete!

dreamer17555

DIS Veteran
We all know you are a busy man but if there was ever a day a bunch of us are eager to hear your voice- it's on tomorrow's podcast. The whole team is amazing and we love them but I think we all really need a Pete rant about the ending of Magical Express, the pathetic Early Entry to replace Extra Magic Hours, and how we are going to wrestle those scissors from Chapek's hands. Enough with the cutting already, Chapek!

ETA: It doesn't have to be a rant. I am just eager to hear Pete's thoughts on this.

Last edited:
We all know you are a busy man but if there was ever a day a bunch of us are eager to hear your voice- it's on tomorrow's podcast. The whole team is amazing and we love them but I think we all really need a Pete rant about the ending of Magical Express, the pathetic Early Entry to replace Extra Magic Hours, and how we are going to wrestle those scissors from Chapek's hands. Enough with the cutting already, Chapek!

AGREE TOTALLY!!! We all just can't stop going...which although would send a message....would also affect the Cast Members with more layoffs. Along with not going.....letters...emails...social media rants to the powers that be are essential! So RANT AWAY PETE!!!! I realize that WDE has hemorrhaged a ton of $$$$$...but the road to recovery isn't with slash and burn. They never can look ahead to greener times. Lay out the $$$$ now and the crowds will eventually come back....they always do. Look at the past financial downturns and national tragedies....we got thru and Disney prospered. WDE as well as us stockholders has to see the forest through the trees!

Is there any way that the team at Dreams Unlimited can rant to Disney so they will reconsider this decision?

Unsure. But I must say one of the things that upset me about this news is it will likely move me off site and therefore I would probably not use my amazing Dreams Unlimited agent. I can absolutely book myself but I always go through dreams because they are just really wonderful and when things go sideways they really help out. A move like this has far-reaching effects

Unsure. But I must say one of the things that upset me about this news is it will likely move me off site and therefore I would probably not use my amazing Dreams Unlimited agent. I can absolutely book myself but I always go through dreams because they are just really wonderful and when things go sideways they really help out. A move like this has far-reaching effects
In hindsight, it's a good thing that Dreams now offers pre-booked DVC stays. I may switch to that instead.

Despite my personal feelings about these changes, I'll most likely be fast-forwarding through any rants. I'm not a fan of the rants.

I enjoy a good rant but I agree with Pete's philosophy about complaining about ticket price increases. A rant is only good if he will followup, otherwise it's just people ranting about price increases which will not stop.

An example of a good rant is the Grand Floridan hotel, he ranted and then stuck to it. Some of Pete's recent rants though like about DVC management while doubling and tripling down on promoting DVC content are pointless.

If Pete is going to rant for 20 minutes about Chapek but still say it's a good value overall, well then spare us the stress. I am already stressed out and I am very aware Disney is getting greedier by the day.

Edited to clarify, ranting to me is different then reporting the news and sharing their opinions or consequences of it, which they should do regardless.

Last edited:
I enjoy a good rant but I agree with Pete's philosophy about complaining about ticket price increases, if you aren't going to stop coming, then shut up about it. A rant is only good if he will followup, otherwise it's just people ranting about price increases which will not stop.

An example of a good rant is the Grand Floridan hotel, he ranted and then stuck to it. Some of Pete's recent rants though like about DVC management while doubling and tripling down on promoting DVC content are pointless.

I'm absolutely going to continue going to the parks. On-site resort stays, however, that's another story. My 2021 stay will most likely be my last once these changes take effect in 2022. Lost revenue from the resorts and people going "outside the bubble" to dine and shop is likely going to be huge just from this one decision.

I'm absolutely going to continue going to the parks. On-site resort stays, however, that's another story. My 2021 stay will most likely be my last once these changes take effect in 2022. Lost revenue from the resorts and people going "outside the bubble" to dine and shop is likely going to be huge just from this one decision.
All these people who will likely be renting cars will be a wonderful opportunity for off-site restaurants, hotels and other businesses including Universal to capitalize on. Maybe the team could turn their attention that way on such content as a way to bring out the positive in this.

In addition to the convenience of DME, I also don't have to worry about the planning and the cost of transportation to and from MCO. Four plane tickets to and from Indiana plus the additional costs of a rental car, might just push me into driving. One reason we don't drive now is that it takes around 14-16 hours. And that was before we had kids. I understand they're trying to cut down on expenses, but if I'm spending a total of four days on the road, that's four days I'm will not be in the WDW parks or eating in WDW restaurants. Finally, if I have my car, I'll be tempted to spend a day or two at St. Pete's beach, Daytona beach, or Universal Orlando. Again, I understand wanting to cut back on expenses, but I suspect this will cost them both reputation & $$$$.

All these people who will likely be renting cars will be a wonderful opportunity for off-site restaurants, hotels and other businesses including Universal to capitalize on.

I never really had the desire to visit Universal before and I'm finding that I'm slowly warming to the idea now that I will likely have to rent a car for future trips. All of this in addition to the staff and entertainment cuts makes me think that Disney won't be such a "magical" place to visit for much longer. Add to that the fact that Universal seems to be much cheaper to stay "on-site" at their resorts. The last 2 years I spent 14 days entirely in the Disney bubble since my only Orlando transportation was the ME. That meant that every cent I spent was either at my resort, in the parks or at Disney Springs. They will lose out on thousands just from just my family alone not spending "in the bubble" for future trips. I hope they come to realize that.

All these people who will likely be renting cars will be a wonderful opportunity for off-site restaurants, hotels and other businesses including Universal to capitalize on. Maybe the team could turn their attention that way on such content as a way to bring out the positive in this.
Exactly. The whole idea of Magical Express is that people are in the bubble as soon as they get off the plane, and won't leave property at all during their vacation. This is going to lose Disney a lot of money.

I actually like this new early entry instead of the old morning extra magic hours (will make planning easier and spread the crowds out more) - though loss of evening ones hurts

And obviously ending DME is pretty sucky (though I do hold out hope they will replace it with something similar)

In any event, a good rant is generally enjoyable

Exactly. The whole idea of Magical Express is that people are in the bubble as soon as they get off the plane, and won't leave property at all during their vacation. This is going to lose Disney a lot of money.
It makes you wonder what variables have made Magical Express not a money maker now when it was a money maker in 2005 when it started?

I have always wondered when they were going to start charging for Magical Express, so I've been amazed that it's been "free" for so long! So - if it does come back in some "morphed form" (like park hopping) I would NOT be at ALL surprised to find there's a charge for it.

Last edited:
I think what everyone saying about how much Disney’s magical express contributed to staying in the bubble and not venturing out is absolutely correct. I know it’s 100% true for my family. Maybe somebody needs to invest in some glasses for Chapek so he can see how shortsighted he’s being.

Question- does dreams book the Darkside a.k.a. Universal? I haven’t been to Universal in forever but it’s looking like our next trip to Orlando will definitely include a stay at a universal resort and I would love to give my business and booking to my dreams agent because they rock.

I think what everyone saying about how much Disney’s magical express contributed to staying in the bubble and not venturing out is absolutely correct. I know it’s 100% true for my family. Maybe somebody needs to invest in some glasses for Chapek so he can see how shortsighted he’s being.

Question- does dreams book the Darkside a.k.a. Universal? I haven’t been to Universal in forever but it’s looking like our next trip to Orlando will definitely include a stay at a universal resort and I would love to give my business and booking to my dreams agent because they rock.
@dreamer17555 Yep, Dreams does book Universal too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter