Please provide your thoughts on Gatorland!

Spencer Wright

Constantly craving a zebra dome...
Long story short, due to a flight deal my sister and I are arriving a day early, and I based on the discussion on the most recent Disney World Podcast, I am inspired to attempted to branch out a little bit.

Can anyone provide their thoughts on Gatorland. From a couple people I know who went, I have heard great things!!

I looked at the website and it looks like something my sister and I would love (we love wildlife), however between Lyft and tickets it looks like for the two of us it would be about $100-$150 for the half-day.

Please let me know if a trip to Gatorland is a worthwhile venture from your experience!

Check Groupon for your dates to see if you can get a deal too. We wanted to do this in January but it was way too cold. Hoping to work it in on June trip. Rep came to our resort over thanksgiving trip and brought various creatures- even for to hold a baby alligator. It looks like a fun place!

We went a few years back. I loved it and so did my kids and husband. Very fun. The shows are good. I thought they were going to be cheesy but they were not. The staff is friendly and there is so much more than "watch an alligator eat". Not too crowded when we went during the week. We purchased tickets from Groupon and did the zip line (it's extra) and had a blast. Arrived at opening and stayed until close (which was 5/6 pm). Kids want to go back on our next "other that WDW" trip next yr.

We went a few years back. I loved it and so did my kids and husband. Very fun. The shows are good. I thought they were going to be cheesy but they were not. The staff is friendly and there is so much more than "watch an alligator eat". Not too crowded when we went during the week. We purchased tickets from Groupon and did the zip line (it's extra) and had a blast. Arrived at opening and stayed until close (which was 5/6 pm). Kids want to go back on our next "other that WDW" trip next yr.

I appreciate your feedback!! I echos what others have told me. I think I'll go for it.

We have been there 3 or 4 times and my kids really like it. The only thing to be aware is all the upselling, the base ticket is cheap (IMHO) but a lot of the other stuff is extra, like: Feeding a Gator, Gator Wrestling, Train Ride & Zipline. My kids' favorite thing in the Zipline but at $70 it is not cheap. Now I am not against them charging for this stuff since it helps keep the base ticket price down and you only pay extra for the stuff you want to but it is just good to be aware before you go. So if you have time I would recommend it, it reminds me of an old Flordia attraction, something different than the big theme parks.

We went my kids loved it they held a baby gator....
Best bet buy a Orlando go card. Around 100 on groupon 119 on there website. You get unlimited attractions from a list gator land included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter