• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please recommend a non-signature, resort restaurant for dinner.

Jen12573

DIS Veteran
We are going to dinner with friends (4 adults total) on Jan. 18, 2010. Originally we planned to eat at Le Cellier but now they aren't sure if they are going to the parks that evening, so we need a new plan. Originally I thought of Yachtsman Steakhouse, but DH and I are on the DDP and don't want to use 2TS each for this dinner.

DH and I are already eating at Narcoossee's (our one special, 2TS each dinner), 'Ohana, and Chef Mickey's with this couple and their kids on Jan. 17.

Where do you recommend? Thanks!

Kona Cafe at Poly is a good 1 credit meal.

We did the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch and liked it, but did it again for dinner and it was "so so." Kona was much better. We didn't do The Wave, so I can't speak to that one.

Hmm, Kona might work. We're already eating at GF twice on our trip (Narcoossee's and Gasparilla Grill - DH loves their Southwest Chicken Sandwich). So, I'd prefer not to go back to GF a third time. It will only make him want to stay there again for the rest of the trip! :lmao:

Thanks!

My current favorite of the one-credit restaurants is Sanaa. It's rather far from the MK area and does not really feature traditional American cuisine though. The dishes are African/Indian inspired.

I'm going to agree with Sanaa. I wasn't sure I'd like the food, but it was great. The service was outstanding, as is the atmosphere.

I am interested in trying Kouzzina and I also enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL - should be fun with the kids.

WCC is a lot of fun and really casual. It's great for a laid back meal.

I have heard good things about Kouzzina's but have not eatten there yet.

I would also agree that the Kona has great food and great service. It is easy to get too and the atmosphere is very relaxing. It is my favorite.

The Wave! It is just like a signature place without the high cost...we have been there twice and just love it!

I'd recommend the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. I think this is a restaurant that flies under everyone's radar - and I'm certain you could even get in without a reservation. We ate there 2 weeks ago while on our honeymoon and loved it. We were expecting Pub food, but it was much more than that. Everything was delicious, and because it's off the beaten path, it's quiet and not too crowded. It's also right on the water, so you could walk down the steps of the restaurant and catch a boat to DTD after your meal if you wanted.

The Wave, Kona, or Boma, (haven't tried Sanaa).

The Wave is def. the most sofisticated of the bunch.

If your after a fun meal then Whispering CAnyon is the way to go.

Just remember to ask for the Ketchup.... ;) :lmao:

I recommend Kona, The Wave, or the Turf Club. Also, Wolfgang Puck or Raglan Road at DTD are good too.

Boma is really good, fun to try different foods. AKL is a really gorgeous. There are plenty of veiwing areas to check out the animals, might be a really nice total experience.

I would say Kona or GF Cafe. Since you were planning Le Cellier and it is a steak place I would say Kona would be my next choice. Our steaks here we great and we cannot wait to go back. We love the GF cafe too and their food is great, but everyone really loved Kona.

We stay at OKW and I love Olivia's. It's also great to take the water taxi to DTD afterwards for Goofy's Candy Company. Makes for a nice evening.

Hands down Captain's Grille at the yacht club (it's next to the yachtsman steakhouse).

It was our best meal and was the quietest restaurant for adults that we found on our trip.

The food was actually made FRESH and from scratch and it was very noticable in the great quality! (reminded me of how Disney USED to be).

We had a very bad experience with Kona, long wait, very rushed dining, food was obviously under a heat lamp and dried up and cold.

GF cafe (an old favorite of mine) has gone downhill big time. I noticed several cleanliness issues, the au jus tasted like jarred corn starch based gravy, and it was far too LOUD to carry on any conversation. Loudest restaurant besides buffets that I have found on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter