• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please remove

Oh, the full day would be an other day, not departure day. Our original plan was two days, but not the full day each time (one because of the return flight, the other because of the helicopter flight). But you all convinced me one full day is better then two partial days. Which means the full day can't be departure day. I can drive 200 miles, yes it's exhausting, but being tired on the flight is a plus ;) But my fiance really doesn't care, he can drive 400 miles in one go (with one or two stops to stretch your legs, not sightseeing stops). This weekend we'll look at our Big Island puzzle again and I'll return with a new itinerary.
Whew! I was white knuckling the computer when typing because I was so worried about you missing your flight! Yes, one full day is definitely better than to partial ones.

My beloved Kona Brewing Company would make a good lunch spot (and brewery tour if you're interested) if you're killing time in Kona. There are also a few cool historic sites right down by the port, including a church, palace, starting point for the IronMan swim, and King Kams restored temple.

Near Kona, I liked the historic coffee farm and the place of refuge national park (Pu'uhonua). We only spent half a day on that side of the island, since we were mainly going to Volcanoes NP, but you'll find plenty else to do over that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter