• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please send me some Pixie Dust!

aprince&princess

DIS Veteran
My husband ended up having surgery Monday night to remove his appendix and we leave for Disney on Oct 3rd. Most of the time you go home the next day, but he seems to be having a problem and is still there today.

He was getting a little panicky when the surgeon said he could be out of work for two weeks since that runs right up to our trip. And doesn't want to be away from work for so long. But it will probably be good to get some extra time off, I just hope he feels ok to be at the parks.

So please send all the pixie dust you can.

Sending you tons of pixiedust: ! Wishing him a very speedy recovery and hope his recuperation doesn't impede his enjoyment of WDW!
Have you considered making a tentative reservation for either an ECV or a wheelchair to make his days less tiring? I know they're available in the parks, but I've read that it's less expensive from an outside company (and I think they deliver to the resort). Again, just a suggestion. :flower3:

Sending :wizard: :wizard: If he is still tender at the time of trip- get him a scooter for the parks- like Garmmy suggested- it was a lifesaver after my dad's heart surgery.

pixiedust:

I hope he feels better and that you are able to have a wonderful trip.

Bobbi

Thanks for all the pixie dust. He finally came home yesterday and seems to be feeling a little bit better. Great thought about the scooter. I hadn't thought of it.

My husband ended up having surgery Monday night to remove his appendix and we leave for Disney on Oct 3rd. Most of the time you go home the next day, but he seems to be having a problem and is still there today.

He was getting a little panicky when the surgeon said he could be out of work for two weeks since that runs right up to our trip. And doesn't want to be away from work for so long. But it will probably be good to get some extra time off, I just hope he feels ok to be at the parks.

So please send all the pixie dust you can.

Boy can I relate! I had unexpected emergency surgery on Monday also and I'm worried about our upcoming WDW trip on November 2nd. It's been a rough recovery so far and I have to make a tough decision in the next 10 days as to whether or not I'll be well enough to get around. I wish you and your family the best. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Have you considered making a tentative reservation for either an ECV or a wheelchair to make his days less tiring? I know they're available in the parks, but I've read that it's less expensive from an outside company (and I think they deliver to the resort). Again, just a suggestion. :flower3:
You can find out everything you need to know about renting ECVs and wheelchairs if you check out the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of the disABILITIES Board.The outside companies will all deliver to your resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter