Please share your Christmas menu

Is your pineapple stuffing made with eggs, butter, sugar, white bread, and crushed pineapple? If so, I have been making this for 20+ years and it is a crowd favorite. It is my ticket into Easter dinner at my BFF's house. ;)

Yes. But a lot of the reviews suggested using 1/2 white sugar, 1/2 brown sugar. It sounded like it would really compliment the ham. I can't wait to try it!

This is so helpful! Thanks, everyone!

Christmas Eve:
- Homemade pizza
- Salad

Christmas:
Breakfast:
fruit/cinnamon rolls

Lunch:
Kids will be playing with their new toys, so just some leftover pizza, veggie tray, fruit, crackers, cheese

Dinner:
- Rib roast
- Yorkshire pudding
- Ham (got a small one since my girls love it)
- Mashed potatoes
- Green Beans
- Salad with romaine, pear, goat cheese, pomegranite seeds
- Biscuits/rolls

Dessert: cookies, ice cream

Way to many side dishes and desserts to list but I will say that I will be doing the traditional Turkey AND Ham. The would be a revolution in my household if that were not the case! However I really admire those who take a chance on something different !

We shall see how the tacos go over since we've had turkey/ham for the past 50 years.

Christmas menu
Ham
mac and cheese
collard greens
devil eggs
potato salad

Dessert
peach pie
chocolate cake
ice cream

This year it will be appetizers before church on Christmas Eve....shrimp cocktail, spinach dip w/Hawaiian bread bowl, cheese ball & crackers, meat & cheese tray, veggie tray, maybe cream cheese pickles & deviled eggs.

After church, a big dinner of boneless pork & beef roasts, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet corn, candied carrots, dinner rolls, lefse, and relish tray. Dessert will be all types of Scandinavian goodies (krumkake, rosettes, kringle, etc.), and the cookies and candies that we all make and take to the party.

A good old traditional MN meal :) I love Scandinavian treats...and lefse is just heavenly. YUM!

Our menu is finally set:

Eve - dinner at Buca

Day
sliced roast beef au jus
Buns
Horseradish/butter
Home-made mac-n-cheese
Cheesy hashbrowns
Veggie tray
Chips/dip
Some kind of salad
Bbq meatballs/wieners
Assorted baked goods
Meat/cheese/crackers

It's Thanksgiving all over again!

My super-not-secret recipe for roasting turkey
Mashed Potatoes with a super-secret dollop of sour cream added
Rolls (I would make them myself but I got the awesome ones from the bakery instead)
Green beans
Salad (I might make home-made dressing if I have time)

and

STOVE TOP :thumbsup2

Christmas Eve is pretty casual at my brother in laws. Lots of munchies stuff. My brother in law makes a killer chicken and dumpling soup. I'm bringing sweet and sour meatballs. And then we have lots of desserts!!

Christmas Day this year my mom is going Italian!!! Italian wedding soup to start and then lasagne and meatballs and sausage. Italian cookies and cake for dessert!

goofinoff said:
Christmas Eve is pretty casual at my brother in laws. Lots of munchies stuff. My brother in law makes a killer chicken and dumpling soup. I'm bringing sweet and sour meatballs. And then we have lots of desserts!!

Christmas Day this year my mom is going Italian!!! Italian wedding soup to start and then lasagne and meatballs and sausage. Italian cookies and cake for dessert!

Oh my gosh Italian is such a great idea!

Just my husband and I....

Ham
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Green bean casserole
Crescent rolls

Appetizer: cheese and crackers

Dessert: homemade blueberry pie

Nothing exciting but I can't wait!

I am surprised no one else does the feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve.

We do (though we've cut down on some of the grosser fish that most people wouldn't eat). We have pizza freet (fried dough) and onion pie for appetizer. Crab salad. Shrimp scampi and cocktail shrimp. Pasta in fish sauce. Fresh crabs. Scungilli or calamari. Fried flounder. Cole slaw. We've been doing this at my mother's house ever since I can remember.

Crepes (savory with a beef filling)
Twice baked potatoes
bing cherry salad
asparagus
dinner roles
carrot souffle
Tag Fairy Skewers

I am surprised no one else does the feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve. We do (though we've cut down on some of the grosser fish that most people wouldn't eat). We have pizza freet (fried dough) and onion pie for appetizer. Crab salad. Shrimp scampi and cocktail shrimp. Pasta in fish sauce. Fresh crabs. Scungilli or calamari. Fried flounder. Cole slaw. We've been doing this at my mother's house ever since I can remember.

We used to do this at my grandmothers. Christmas Eve used to be huge on my mothers side of the family. Big Italian family on both my grandfather and grandmothers sides!! They used to set up two big huge tables in the dining room and living room. There had to have been 40-50 people! There was the feast of seven fishes and every Italian pasta dish you can think of! And the desserts!!!!!! Oh my!!! I just gained 10 pounds just thinking of it. I remember some years we would go around the neighborhood (where most of the relatives lived) and sing Christmas caroles. Some of my fondest memories of my childhood!!

Feast of the Seven Fishes here though we don't adhere to a specific number of fish.

Sushi platter
Cheese platter
Garlic shrimp
King crab legs
Stuffed calamari
Baked tilapia or other white, mild fish
Broccoli rabe
Pasta w pesto
Salad

Struffoli
Cookies

Christmas Day is typically Italian.

We do italian fishes. I mentioned in a previous post.

Sushi
Crab cakes
Lobster
Shrimp
Scallops
Sole
Basa

So six. Almost made it!

Wow the seafood seems so unique to me. Is this a coastal tradition?

No I'd say its an italian catholic thing. Christmas Eve is traditionally a fasting day--no meat. Hence the feast of the seven fishes. I hated it growing up but now that I host, I enjoy what we serve. We always have vegetarian pasta for the kids who, like me as a child, hate the fish. That way everyone is happy.

I always remember my brother eating nothing but canned black olives on Christmas Eve when we were growing up. Hopefully he eats more tomorrow.

We are also having home made pierogie as my SIL is Hungarian. I'm looking forwArd to them.

About ten years ago, my dad and I were bored with the traditional Christmas menu. We tried something different and it was a huge hit. It is now our Christmas Eve dinner.

Sushi tray
Dumplings

Shrimp, scallop and lobster Fettuccine Alfredo
Ceaser salad
Garlic bread

Homemade Baklava and Oreo truffles

We have 25 people over. They will bring jalapeño spinach dip and other desserts. I love it.

On Christmas day, I will go to my MIL's and have a traditional dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter