• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please take it away! (BRING BACK OFF KILTER!!)*THERE IS A PETITION*

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
That awful, awful lumberjack show at Canada in Epcot!!!

BRING BACK OFF KILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a petition somewhere I can sign??

** I FOUND PETITION ON FACEBOOK** look for SAVE OFF KILTER

Have to agree that it was pretty awful....really...tell us how a chainsaw works....rev rev the saw......tell us how we shouldn't even TRY this at home "these are trained professionals" and then they carve out a very rough hewn something.....ooooohhhhh aaaaahhhh.

And before someone tells me that I'm just upset that Kilter left.....I can't recall their act......so not a fan, but not a hater either, lol. But this lumberjack show is only good for a very sarcastic laugh.

I have to admit I laughed when I heard about the lumberjack thing. It's like they spent all of 15 seconds discussing the question, "What do they have in Canada?"

Next they're just going to lead a live moose in a circle.

Next they're just going to lead a live moose in a circle.

I'd watch that. popcorn:: It would be a great salute to Wally World.

Sorry-Folks-parks.jpg

I'm trying to think...

What kind of act would represent Canada well? (I'm Canadian and I still can't think of any one type)

There is the French influence in Quebec...but then there is the France pavilion.

Then there is the English influence...but then there is the UK pavilion.

Maybe something from the indigenous/First Nations culture?

I like the idea of Celtic-influenced music. There is certainly an Irish and Scottish influence in Canada as well. Or maybe I just like that type of music.

:scratchin

I'm trying to think...

What kind of act would represent Canada well? (I'm Canadian and I still can't think of any one type)

There is the French influence in Quebec...but then there is the France pavilion.

I like the idea of Celtic-influenced music. There is certainly an Irish and Scottish influence in Canada as well. Or maybe I just like that type of music.

Simple...comedy. Nobody churns out comedians like Canada. They need an improv troupe (like the Comedy Warehouse...not the WS Players who only did the same show over and over). The show would be highly repeatable as it would differ each time, engaging as they'd need audience participation, and perfect for a simple stage setting like they have.

Yeah, it isn't good. The real problem seems to be the host/narrator. No show like this is any good if the host doesn't create and set the mood and keep the audience engaged. That requires a lot of charisma and wit. He tries hard but doesn't quite have it. He never really sets the idea of a competition nor why the audience should care. Without that the show will be the dud it is.

As for an alternate, Canada has a huge busker tradition with Festivals from Halifax to Victoria (coast to coast). Heck, Cirque du Soleil started as a street performance group in Montreal. Disney seems to have forgotten about that connection but it shouldn't be that hard to find top notch busker talent.

Off Kilter won't be returning unless they are willing to do it as independent contractors. Disney isn't willing to hire them as full time cast anymore. But if there is enough negative reaction to the lumberjacks Disney may be inclined to buy out their contract....if not, they're going to be there until at least next October.

The real problem seems to be the host/narrator. No show like this is any good if the host doesn't create and set the mood and keep the audience engaged.

They might have trouble getting rid of him. He is the owner of the company they contracted with to do the show. and he isn't an actor or presenter - he's a dude who runs a lumberjack show, so we probably should expect him to perform like one. But then I believe that if Disney wanted actors, that's what they should have hired. maybe instead of letting so many of them go.

I'm trying to think...

First Nations would be wonderful. Their portion of the opening of the Vancouver Olympics was my favorite part.

First nations, comedy, hockey, even showing people how they get maple syrup out of the trees has got to be better than the lumberjack show. Ive only watched on youtube but :confused:. It doesn't strike me as Canadian at all.

...even showing people how they get maple syrup out of the trees has got to be better than the lumberjack show.

So, you're saying a bunch of running sap would be better than four or five sappy lumberjacks?

So, you're saying a bunch of running sap would be better than four or five sappy lumberjacks?

I'd have to say yes..at least I can ignore it..I'm really not looking forward to the sound of chainsaws all day long in Epcot....that I can't ignore

Maybe I should be ashamed to say this. I haven't ever stopped to watch any shows at Epcot. Well, one. The drummers in japan and we watched for about 10 minutes. These shows just aren't a priority to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter