Please tell me about Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk

luvmylatte

Mouseketeer
Going to WDW in September to celebrate my 50th. My DD will also be 22 and her first Disney trip where she can drink alcohol. We want to do something a little more adult this trip and Jellyrolls looks interesting. We have never been, please give me some insight into this location. Also is here transportation such as busses till a certain time or do they stop running at 11 pm. Would I need to get a taxi back to CBR or PoP?

Hate for this to be one of the first responses but we hated Jellyrolls. Cover charge for rude waitresses and drinks in plastic cups. We love Mizners Lounge in the Grand Floridian. Music, nice view, good food and drinks. The Wave is also a great place to hang out. Always a lively bunch!

I love Jellyroll's! I've been there twice, once in 2007 and once more recently in January 2014 (it was a must do for my birthday trip since I hadn't been there in so long). The musicians are extremely talented and funny. They interact with the crowd a lot. It does have a cover...I think around $15 (can't remember for sure).

We were staying at the Boardwalk, so I can't attest to anything regarding transportation...

Absolutely love Jelly Rolls. It's a must for me and the Mrs every trip now. Very entertaining. You're not going to be able to have much conversation, but the good times are plentiful. Very high audience participation too! There are buses from the Boardwalk to the different resorts. We've gotten a bus back to CBR after 1AM the last 2 times.

Our Ratings of Jelly Rolls: (*rev 1/25/2015*)
. . . food price value: B (excluding $15 Cover Charge)
. . . food quality: n/a
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: n/a
. . . food selection: n/a
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: B (piano entertainers, not characters)

NOTE1: Jelly Rolls is an entertainment bar. Pianists play requests from the audience.
This is a copy of the Howling At The Moon locations. Drinks are pricey, but reasonably
priced for WDW. It is a non-smoking facility and they serve only snacks. Once the place
gets rockin' (about 9:30pm), it is great fun. There are two pianists playing continuously,
each hour the two swap for two new so music does not stop. They play 60's-70's-80's
oldies and no rap, raggae, etc. Really good for anyone over 21, and for us "older" folks.
Get there at least a half-hour before the 8:00pm music start, as good seats go quickly.

NOTE2: This is a bar, and not a "dance club". Folks sit at the tables, although once in
a while someone will stand next to the table and boogie a little. The place is loud with
all the singing along with the tunes, so folks with noise problems should not attend.
Additionally, this is a 21-and-over location with no kiddies allowed even if accompaned.

NOTE3: For those staying on-site, WDW buses run until approx 3:00am.

It's not a restaurant. They do not serve any food other than popcorn. Drinks only.

Hate for this to be one of the first responses but we hated Jellyrolls. Cover charge for rude waitresses and drinks in plastic cups. We love Mizners Lounge in the Grand Floridian. Music, nice view, good food and drinks. The Wave is also a great place to hang out. Always a lively bunch!

Two totally different environment and experiences. If you love Mizners and the Wave, I am not surprised you didn't like Jellyrolls. Just an example of how we are all different.
We love Jellyrolls. It is lively and fun. I think your 22 yo DD will have fun

This is a FUN place. DH and I go here every trip. We're in our early 30's, but the crowd ranges from 21 to much more senior folks.
It's def nothing fancy like Mizners (which we also love), and it's more of a true bar atmosphere, but it's a good time...so if that's what you're up for on your bday night, I would highly recommend.

We usually go straight from Epcot (out the International Gateway by France) and walk over. Then we cab home at night. Cabs are readily available outside the lobby of BW. Plus, BW is such a cool place to walk around and hang out that it's a good location in general. If you'd like to have an upscale drink first, you can go to the Belle Vue lounge in BW beforehand.

Jellyrolls is fun, loud and a sticky floor kinda place, you go here for entertainment of dueling pianos, not the quality of service or drinks. Broadwalk itself varies depending on weather, season and crowds. The ESPN bar is also a draw, but also loud, minus the sticky floor and the downside is our young adult ends up looking at the sports instead of chatting with us. We enjoy drinking around the World in Epcot far more than the standard night club... the down side is that by park closing you might have wobbly legs, lol, especially if you mixed types of adult beverages on the journey. Another place we go is the the Tower at Bay Lake, but that's only if you are staying with DVC points with a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter