• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me about your favorite 2 bedroom suites and why

PMGuernsey

Mouseketeer
We recently bought AP, and have 2 trips planned the end of summer and we are planning another for October. We have never stayed in 2 bedroom suites before, and are staying in the kids suite at hojo for our trips at the end of summer. I chose this because of proximity to the parks and splash pad for kids. Given that it will be less warm over fall and winter we are thinking of trying other locations. Please let me know your thoughts. ( I have a family of 5, kids ages infant to age 5).

We really like the bunk bed suites at the new Homewood Suites-Convention Center. They aren't technically two-bedroom suites, as the rooms are divided by a half-wall, but they have a kitchen and living room area with a pull out sofa.

This is a fairly new hotel, so the rooms are all in great shape. They are about a 5 minute walk to the Toy Story lot, and you can ride the shuttles into the park and back to your hotel for free. They also include a free breakfast with pretty decent offerings.

We have annual passes as well, and this has become our go-to offsite hotel.

We really like the bunk bed suites at the new Homewood Suites-Convention Center. They aren't technically two-bedroom suites, as the rooms are divided by a half-wall, but they have a kitchen and living room area with a pull out sofa.

This is a fairly new hotel, so the rooms are all in great shape. They are about a 5 minute walk to the Toy Story lot, and you can ride the shuttles into the park and back to your hotel for free. They also include a free breakfast with pretty decent offerings.

We have annual passes as well, and this has become our go-to offsite hotel.

Thanks I took a good look at this, nice floor plans, and not a bad price either. Looks like it could ultimately sleep 7 if you really needed it to.

I'm a fan of great wolf lodge wolf den suites. With kids that age you would want to drive to the park (5 minutes) so I don't know if that is worth it. There is a Groupon right now for it.

We stayed at the Camelot family suite which was HUGE! My family is the same as yours but kids are 2 years older. The walk back is super short and it was nice in the morning if one kid woke up early we could separate so not everyone got woken up. We also stayed at best western park place but it was just one big room with a sofa bed not 2 separate rooms.

I really wanted to stay at Camelot because of proximity. But it was the same price as the HomeWood and HomeWood includes breakfast and m-th dinners.

Our babies are light sleepers so we each slept with one kid. One on sofa bed. (Not comfy) and one in room. (Kids were in pack n plays) My grown sibs slept on the bunks. It was perfect.

I'm a fan of great wolf lodge wolf den suites. With kids that age you would want to drive to the park (5 minutes) so I don't know if that is worth it. There is a Groupon right now for it.

We love greatwolf lodge, however we have never stayed at the one near Disney, not sure I would want to be that far away from the parks either. Thanks for sharing though, it may be worth it with the Groupon.

We stayed at the Camelot family suite which was HUGE! My family is the same as yours but kids are 2 years older. The walk back is super short and it was nice in the morning if one kid woke up early we could separate so not everyone got woken up. We also stayed at best western park place but it was just one big room with a sofa bed not 2 separate rooms.

I didn't know Camelot had large suites, it is so close, seems like a great spot. Thanks!

I really wanted to stay at Camelot because of proximity. But it was the same price as the HomeWood and HomeWood includes breakfast and m-th dinners.

Our babies are light sleepers so we each slept with one kid. One on sofa bed. (Not comfy) and one in room. (Kids were in pack n plays) My grown sibs slept on the bunks. It was perfect.

Homewood suites have complimentary dinner as well? Thanks!

We've only stayed at a Desert Inn suite with our three kids. Parlor suite I think it was? It was plenty of room for us.

We have stayed at Embassy Suites Anaheim South in a suite with 2 queen beds and the 2nd room had a pull out couch bed and a full kitchen. The breakfast here was amazing. Something for everyone. Ometele station, pancakes, waffles, breakast meats, fresh fruit, cereal etc.

We have also stayed at the Hampton inn with the same set up and also free breakfast. Breakfast here wasn't as good as Embassy suites but we did like this hotel. We have 5 in our family. 3 teens one girl and two boys. The boys shared a bed and the girl took the pull out couch. We all fit comfortably.

Both hotels have comfortable beds as well.

We love greatwolf lodge, however we have never stayed at the one near Disney, not sure I would want to be that far away from the parks either. Thanks for sharing though, it may be worth it with the Groupon.

I didn't know Camelot had large suites, it is so close, seems like a great spot. Thanks!

Homewood suites have complimentary dinner as well? Thanks!
Yes. Monday -thursday.

Only stayed at the Hyatt regency in a kids suite, 2 large rooms, each with own tv, kids room has bunk beds with a double on the bottom,bathroom , Other room , king size bed, fridge and microwave .

When we are Park-focused, we cram into the smallest, cheapest room we can find as close to the esplanade as possible. When we want space to spread out & relax, we get a vacation rental because no suite can compare to real bedrooms, a real family room, and a real kitchen. (note: we usually vacation at Disneyland with extended family, so time with them is more important than riding the attractions).

We stayed at Camelot in oct.. It was our first time ever at disneyland and found the room perfect for what we needed.. WE just booked are second trip and unfortunately it was booked so we booked Castle Inn this time around
We stayed in their normal room and I liked it ok. I like the pool area! But the cost of the suites was equal to HomeWood suites so we skipped it last trip. I need to re think this for our next trip since we make many trips to the room throughout the day!

When visiting WDW we usually stay in 2 connecting rooms - that said, our stay at DLR last October at the Homewood Suites Convention Center in the family suite (bunk beds) worked very well for us...only thing missing was the extra bathroom.

We stayed in their normal room and I liked it ok. I like the pool area! But the cost of the suites was equal to HomeWood suites so we skipped it last trip. I need to re think this for our next trip since we make many trips to the room throughout the day!
It was very Close! So thats always a bonus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter