Please tell me differences in Clubs - Yacht & Beach

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We found ourselves in a pattern where we THINK we'll be happy @ X and just throw caution to the wind and say eh let's go with Z instead.

So in November we're now staying at the YC Club Water View for 5 days, then moving over to the Poly CL TPV for the following 5 days. In December we're staying at BC Club Garden View for our entire stay (DD's 13th birthday - and surprisingly BC Club was her choice).

Child's ADHD has become pretty well managed with medications, but loud noises, when she's trying to unwind and settle in for the night from very active days, is and will always be a problem for her. With that said, after staying at the Boardwalk and walking through what seemed to be a never ending hallway but was fantasticly quiet, we're looking for a compromise between the two (not so far from elevator yet quiet).

Any advice please on what rooms we can request for each stay that would be best suited for our needs? Also is there any difference in Club level or Resort itself from BC to YC that would be helpful?

Thank you!

We found ourselves in a pattern where we THINK we'll be happy @ X and just throw caution to the wind and say eh let's go with Z instead.

So in November we're now staying at the YC Club Water View for 5 days, then moving over to the Poly CL TPV for the following 5 days. In December we're staying at BC Club Garden View for our entire stay (DD's 13th birthday - and surprisingly BC Club was her choice).

Child's ADHD has become pretty well managed with medications, but loud noises, when she's trying to unwind and settle in for the night from very active days, is and will always be a problem for her. With that said, after staying at the Boardwalk and walking through what seemed to be a never ending hallway but was fantasticly quiet, we're looking for a compromise between the two (not so far from elevator yet quiet).

Any advice please on what rooms we can request for each stay that would be best suited for our needs? Also is there any difference in Club level or Resort itself from BC to YC that would be helpful?

Thank you!

Both BC & YC are favorites and we have stayed at both in just about every room category. Biggest difference between the two, besides decor, is the size. While we love the BC, it is much larger, noisier and spread out over the YC. We found the YC to be much quieter overall. As for the clubs at both, the YC CL lounge is smaller than BC CL lounge and we found it also to be much quieter. You can’t go wrong with either but if you’re looking for less chaos and easier hallway navigation, I’d stick with YC! Not that BC will be bad but there are more rooms and the ones further away can be a small hike but nothing like the Boardwalk resort which was our least favorite resort on Disney property. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

You asked almost the same identical question on the YC/BC Thread and got lots of responses.
I have found the nightly Illuminations fireworks to be very loud from the BCV

Both BC & YC are favorites and we have stayed at both in just about every room category. Biggest difference between the two, besides decor, is the size. While we love the BC, it is much larger, noisier and spread out over the YC. We found the YC to be much quieter overall. As for the clubs at both, the YC CL lounge is smaller than BC CL lounge and we found it also to be much quieter. You can’t go wrong with either but if you’re looking for less chaos and easier hallway navigation, I’d stick with YC! Not that BC will be bad but there are more rooms and the ones further away can be a small hike but nothing like the Boardwalk resort which was our least favorite resort on Disney property. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Very helpful thank you so much!

You asked almost the same identical question on the YC/BC Thread and got lots of responses.
I have found the nightly Illuminations fireworks to be very loud from the BCV

That’s why I put on my first line (posted on forum too) and I only saw one direct response (which was also very helpful) - but unless I’m not seeing them I don’t see “lots” :confused3

There's almost no difference. We prefer the BC because we like being closer to Epcot, though it's a difference of 5 minutes max.

The only difference we found was decor. Yacht Club was darker and more formal (although we were there before renovation, so may be different), Beach Club more light and airy. Beach Club not as many balconies. Otherwise they feel like the exact same hotel, because they basically are.

The walk to Epcot - maybe some extra minutes from far end of Yacht Club, but nothing major.

Thank you!

I think the only thing you can do is request a "quiet room". You may also want to request "no connecting door". We had really loud neighbors when we stayed YC CL a few years ago and the connecting door between the rooms did not help matters. I would actually recommend being as far from an elevator as you can. The more you can avoid foot traffic, the better. I don't know if you've stayed Poly CL TPV before but be prepared for really loud noise during EWP and fireworks times. We stayed there when my DS was 1 and it was awful in terms of noise, quite honestly. If you need a quieter CL room at Poly, I'd opt for garden view CL.

I've always found BC and Poly to be the two loudest resorts. If your child can tolerate BC, I think she would be fine everywhere else. YC is overall a much quieter resort than BC and the club lounge is less congested during peak hours. The YC CL WV rooms overlook ~ 20 feet of roof and then the Storm-along bay so you shouldn't hear anything once the balcony door is shut. I have not stayed at YC CL garden view or standard view but I would assume that the WV rooms receive the most noise due to the on going activities down at the pool.
I don't think you can escape the beach noise from any Poly CL TPV room during the water pageant and fireworks. However, the crowd disperses almost immediately once the fireworks cease and then it's eerily quiet.

You can hear the fireworks from BC. I'd assume you can also hear them at YC.

The only time we felt like BC was noisy was during FWF when they hosted events on the beach. Those crowds/noise kept our kids awake. We had a pool view room.

I think the only thing you can do is request a "quiet room". You may also want to request "no connecting door". We had really loud neighbors when we stayed YC CL a few years ago and the connecting door between the rooms did not help matters. I would actually recommend being as far from an elevator as you can. The more you can avoid foot traffic, the better. I don't know if you've stayed Poly CL TPV before but be prepared for really loud noise during EWP and fireworks times. We stayed there when my DS was 1 and it was awful in terms of noise, quite honestly. If you need a quieter CL room at Poly, I'd opt for garden view CL.

We’ve stayed at Poly CL TPV as well as CR TPV both Club and Non Club and DD doesn’t seem to have an issue with the fireworks at all because for the most part it’s over in 10 minutes or so — rather its the kids that run through the hallways with little to no volume control - I suppose hyped up or about to start the days activities that kill me.

We’re generally active park people that don’t spend a great deal of time in the room other than to sleep, and when were in the room she just needs it to be on the quieter side.

Ps: GV at Poly was lovely our one time we stayed. Wasn’t a big fan of facing the pool though so we opt instead for the TPV that faces the beach where IME has been quieter than GV. :)

Question: is “storm along bay” the pool area? Or the area where the boats travel amongst HS/BW/Swalphin?

I missed the part about quiet.

Water view at Yacht Club was very quiet and we had a garden view at Beach Club and that was also very quiet.

To be honest, I found both resorts (the entire resort area) to practically be a ghost town by 10 pm.

So likely there’s no quiet areas to request for that room category?
The description for YC CL WV says specifically "view of one of the Stormalong Bay lagoons", aka the pool complex. I think they may have a few rooms facing Crescent Lake that you can request.
We've always had a room facing the Stormalong every time we stayed in that category.

We love Yacht Club due to the completely renovated rooms. No carpet, lots of storage, nice balcony.

So likely there’s no quiet areas to request for that room category?

Honestly, if you book a water view room and request an upper floor room, you shouldn’t hear anything once you close your balcony door. We’ve had that view at both YC & BC, stayed in an upper floor and it was quiet at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter